Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

But I do dislike Wassall, so your hypothetical idea isn't relevant. Wassall came over to our fans and we all loved that so much didn't we! 

My point was more that your dislike for Wassell was the real reason for your support for Shackell in a situation where he just wasn't in the right to act like it on the pitch.  And I certainly wouldn't of expected you to applaud him if he had come over, just like the fans didn't with Wassall. A team should not be letting a 3 goal lead slip after 82 minutes end of. 

I imagine its one of those things where you had to be there to understand the full emotion of what happened. I can't even bring myself to watch our goals with the knowledge of what happens after! 

can understand shackell being pissed off but shows a lack of respect to Wassall and the fans to react like that, interesting to see Thornes reaction which seemed to suggest he wasn't impressed with Shackells reaction.

Anyone who 'feels sorry' for Shackell can do one, he decided to take a pay rise no one forced him here so if he regrets joining us then I have zero sympathy

29 minutes ago, loughboroughRAM said:

interesting to see Thornes reaction which seemed to suggest he wasn't impressed with Shackells reaction.

I am a big Thorne fan but honestly he was just being a teacher's pet then. Nothing wrong with being a teacher's pet and I actually like teacher's pet, but he just did that because the gaffer was right next to him.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, HKRam said:

I am a big Thorne fan but honestly he was just being a teacher's pet then. Nothing wrong with being a teacher's pet and I actually like teacher's pet, but he just did that because the gaffer was right next to him.

Or just supporting his manager....which is the right thing to do.

Thorne is just being diplomatic and staying calm, not really joining in on either side, nothing to read into that but evidently people are determined to see it as picking sides.

Anyway, it's one thing going into a game and knowing that what's in front of you won't offer much protection, you can sort of plan for that and adapt your approach-  it's another thing to have gone 80 minutes of a match, got into a certain , comfortable rhythm but then had a manager pull the rug away in one well swoop and put the whole shape of the team into total disarray. Any team would struggle with that.

It wasn't that long ago that shacks was being mentioned as a potential captn.

nothing will persuade me to sl@g him off 

we can't see what dw said to him to provoke such a reaction from a guy who is hardly noted as a hot head.

play on.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It wasn't that long ago that shacks was being mentioned as a potential captn.

nothing will persuade me to sl@g him off 

we can't see what dw said to him to provoke such a reaction from a guy who is hardly noted as a hot head.

play on.

Exactly.

From the video we've all seen, nobody can tell the full story of what's gone on and if you ask me a mountain is being made out of a molehill.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Unless your manager is an out of his depth, gaffers mate, who made the ridiculous changes that cost the team 3 points. 

Anything that needed saying should have been done in private though

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Maybe. But in the heat of the moment it is very different. 

Yep, but if i think my boss is a waste of space, in the heat of the moment if i tell him to f*** off in front of everyone then i probably get sacked.

Archived