Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

i do have sympathy for Shacks. If I was Shacks I wished Id stayed at Burnley. At least the team is set up right, they defend and attack equally as a team, and when shacks was there he got protection from all around him. Infact he proved himself to be a quality premier league centre half. As he did in the months of october and november at Derby. is it Shackells fault we have bryson hendrick and buterfield with not one ounce of defensive consciencous between them? I think not !

The heart bleeds. I love how when talking about Shackell it is apparently all the fault of midfielders who don't protect him, yet Keogh, Christie and Olsson are all terrible defenders. "But he played in the Premiership that one time", well whoop de ******* do. He still can't pass over 5 yards.

9 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

i do have sympathy for Shacks. If I was Shacks I wished Id stayed at Burnley. At least the team is set up right, they defend and attack equally as a team, and when shacks was there he got protection from all around him. Infact he proved himself to be a quality premier league centre half. As he did in the months of october and november at Derby. is it Shackells fault we have bryson hendrick and buterfield with not one ounce of defensive consciencous between them? I think not !

I wish he'd stayed there as well

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I completely agree that this shows a lack of respect for the manager and probably does show Wassall isn't demanding the players respect. I just don't think there is a winner on either side of the situation. I mean I can understand his frustration and wanting to go straight down the tunnel but if the manager is telling him to go and appreciate the fans he should of sucked it up and done it. But like Jagerbob just said he has been one of our best players this season and I do feel a little sorry that in hindsight, he probably should of stayed at Burnley. But money talks. 

Money does talk. 

But so does moor farm. So do 27k average attendances. So do former Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG coaches with Champions league medals. 

All these lads will have had their heads filled with the same visions of grandeur that ours were. 

All of a sudden it all goes Pete Tong, the floor falls away, a chancer takes over, and all the promises become a giant lie. 

I would be pretty pissed off. 

18 minutes ago, sage said:

There have been rumours all season of Shackell not being a team player off the pitch.

Easy to read into, but I find it odd his Twitter image is him in a Burnley shirt. You'd think he'd have some level of pride for the team he's playing for.

Was it willful disobedience on Shackell's part, or was it down to our head coach's laughing-stockish, clownish incompetence?

I would say Shackell's fault because DW is known to be the best motivator. Evidence? MM's words are evidence.

• "Darren is also probably one of the best motivators we have in the club."
  • "Darren is a natural motivator constantly looking to motivate."

Plus I am sure DW would have no problem motivating a sea lion to clap hands. Go, sea lion~

Verdict: Willful disobedience and two-week wages' penalty minimum, because Dareen is our best motivator and Shackell refused to do what a sea lion would do.

If Buxton did it he would be a hero.

Rumoured to throw a drink at mcclaren - legend, shackell does this - get rid. 

Faces fitting etc.

One of the main reasons Shackell would have joined us would have been for the extra money we no doubt offered. When his boss asks him to walk a few yards and put his hands together a couple of times, I don't think that's an outrageous ask.

Forgive me for reserving my sympathy for people with serious problems in their lives.

2 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Money does talk. 

But so does moor farm. So do 27k average attendances. So do former Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG coaches with Champions league medals. 

All these lads will have had their heads filled with the same visions of grandeur that ours were. 

All of a sudden it all goes Pete Tong, the floor falls away, a chancer takes over, and all the promises become a giant lie. 

I would be pretty pissed off. 

Of course I agree there was a little more to it than money. And I have been in the exact same boat in terms of joining a company being promised lots of stuff in terms of progression, money, working environment and it all became apparent that funnily enough the managing director was a dictator and there was no progression. I left after 13 months. 

14 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I completely agree that this shows a lack of respect for the manager and probably does show Wassall isn't demanding the players respect. I just don't think there is a winner on either side of the situation. I mean I can understand his frustration and wanting to go straight down the tunnel but if the manager is telling him to go and appreciate the fans he should of sucked it up and done it. But like Jagerbob just said he has been one of our best players this season and I do feel a little sorry that in hindsight, he probably should of stayed at Burnley. But money talks. 

It's just a circus. And not a good one

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Shackell did what any man who is hungry to win would do. I wouldn't clap to my own fans knowing that my team had given up a three goal lead. We need more winners like Shackell.

Winners don't storm off down the tunnel. Winners front up. It isn't just his manager he's left out on the pitch, but all his team mates. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hopping on the "drop him" bandwagon, but don't try and tell me this is the behavior of a winner. If someone I played with behaved this way they'd get an earful and they'd bloody well deserve it.

5 minutes ago, whitefieldram said:

If Buxton did it he would be a hero.

Rumoured to throw a drink at mcclaren - legend, shackell does this - get rid. 

Faces fitting etc.

The reason we laugh and joke about the storm in a teacup incident it that anyone with two braincells to rub together knows it's complete nonsense with as much validity as the story about Burley shagging Tudgay's girlfriend.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

The reason we laugh and joke about the storm in a teacup incident it that anyone with two braincells to rub together knows it's complete nonsense with as much validity as the story about Burley shagging Tudgay's girlfriend.

How do you know? You dont. We'll never know, someone with one braincell could work that out. 

5 minutes ago, whitefieldram said:

How do you know? You dont. We'll never know, someone with one braincell could work that out. 

So you want me to prove that something that you have no evidence of, didn't happen? Sounds like creation theory to me.

Just now, Anon said:

So you want me to prove that something that you have no evidence of didn't happen? Sounds like creation theory to me.

Not at all, anon. Just you seemed pretty clued up that it didnt occur. 

Impossible to know what its about. Or whether the fans had given shackell any stick.

still one of my favourite players atm. 

I don't think what happens in the heat of the moment is very important, just as i didn't think wassells interview was very relevant, or billy davies comments on the pitch at wembley.

depressing though.

Archived