Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I imagine the fans booed at full-time, no? If that's the case then I can totally understand why Shackell left without acknowledging them. If I was criticised, regardless of my own performance, the last thing I would want to do is to clap those that have vocally abused me. 

Nevertheless, the whole response is a complete mess. Thorne is clearly disgusted with Shackell and Shackell has made Wassall look weak. 

As people have said, it's yet another reason why he can't be in charge for the game next week. 

Quite a bit - then much louder a couple of minutes later. We were out the ground heading back into town by then, so I would assume that Darren Wassall had wandered over to accept the plaudits from the fans.

12 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'd be happy if Shackell never played for Derby again. Any player who acts like its "all about me" and too full of self pity or self importance to at least pretend to acknowledge the fans after a capitulation like that, can fook right off as far as i'm concerned.

Not expecting anyone to agree with me btw, its just my opinion. He's arrogant and not as good as he thinks he is.

Darren looked a broken man today walking off the pitch and should step down for his own sanity if no other reason. He's been a loyal servant to the club and doesn't deserve the abuse he gets.

If I was Mel, I would ask David Moyes to step in until the end of the season to steady the ship and instill some respect and professionalism in the players.

Agreed 100%, Utch.

Bucko in for the Forest game.

The situation atm reminds me a bit of when colin murphy was placed in charge.

the players didn't accept him. Charlie george said that whilst he didn't have any reason to dislike him personally, the players just could not accept a rookie boss. And he hated dario gradi who he thought was even worse.

shackell is a senior pro. I can understand and accept that he didn't appreciate being told to go over and wave to people after that. What do you think charlie George's reaction might have been when coming off? Two fingers might have featured.

who cares. I hate all that crap anyway. 

55 minutes ago, whitefieldram said:

Not at all, anon. Just you seemed pretty clued up that it didnt occur. 

We don't know about Buxton, but we do know about this. Even if the tea tray incident happened, it's one thing to throw a strop at your manager in private, it's quite another to do it so publicly.

As for "Buxton would be labelled a hero for doing that", no he wouldn't - he's a hero BECAUSE he wouldn't do anything like that, or at least there is a perception he wouldn't. If Buxton started acting like Shackell did today, his reputation would soon plummet.

It's not like he's had his reputation randomly attributed to him. He's had to actually do something to earn it.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

There have been rumors about him not being a team player the last time we had him.!!

And of course he was purchased to pacify our super fanbase after last season's capitulation.

Honestly you hypocrites.

Half of you are mods who lecture people who are critical or dare to have a different view. You go on about what being a Derby fan is all about. When it matters, when we lose, you all wet your pants and turn on shackell just because he displayed some anger.

.....and we didn't even lose!

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Best fans in the country....the 12th man.....player of the year the Derby fans...

Yes, but they only had to out-perform BD's purchases.

6 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Wonder if in future Clements signings of 2015-16, will been as a bad light as the BD/Jewell of Jan 2007-Aug 2008

Yes. Nice one. Just remind us again who's fault it is?

If I was a senior player I would have been wanting to know what the subs were all about. Unless Clough snr or Smith was the manager. Then I'd have kept my mouth shut because I would know he knew best. And that is the difference.

Archived