Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not good really.

in the 'real world' Shacks would face disciplinary action for insubordination.

If DW can't even get Shackell to clap the crowd  then Mel needs to remove Wassell right now as his (Wassells) authority and credibility is non existent, and he will be unable to get it back once lost.

Basic management.

Not sure why you are saying good on shacks, if you didn't dislike wassall so much you'd be criticising the player for not going over to appreciate the fans support. Surely Shackell is in the wrong in this case.

I look at this from a different angle. Shacks in angry and frustrated, prob annoyed at the subs but I like the passion. Yes the players should have the bottle to come to the fans but I'd be more concerned with a player who doesn't care.

Just now, Yani P said:

Agree, but more concerning is the obvious lack of respect for the manager - probably tells a story

Indeed, compounded by the  complete dismay of what the manager did in the last quarter of the game today.

3 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Not sure why you are saying good on shacks, if you didn't dislike wassall so much you'd be criticising the player for not going over to appreciate the fans support. Surely Shackell is in the wrong in this case.

I'm not a wassall fan but shackell should go and support the fans and wassall was right to tell him to. Needless to say, if that's the reaction he gets. He's not effectively managing the players in his team and is therefore not doing his job

I remember reading about when TBE was manager and brought in the foreign talent he did..

He said when he interviewed them it was in a stark room with 2 chairs so they could look each other in the eye..he would tell them exactly what he would expect from them and that was non-negotiable...if they agreed and they liked what they saw at the club he would sign them....no nonsense..

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

What an absolute **** Shackell is btw. 

Get out the team now, time for Bucko.

I would rather replace the centre half that regularly gives away horror goals, than the centre half that doesn't applaud the fans. 

i do have sympathy for Shacks. If I was Shacks I wished Id stayed at Burnley. At least the team is set up right, they defend and attack equally as a team, and when shacks was there he got protection from all around him. Infact he proved himself to be a quality premier league centre half. As he did in the months of october and november at Derby. is it Shackells fault we have bryson hendrick and buterfield with not one ounce of defensive consciencous between them? I think not !

4 minutes ago, craic dispenser said:

I'm not a wassall fan but shackell should go and support the fans and wassall was right to tell him to. Needless to say, if that's the reaction he gets. He's not effectively managing the players in his team and is therefore not doing his job

I completely agree that this shows a lack of respect for the manager and probably does show Wassall isn't demanding the players respect. I just don't think there is a winner on either side of the situation. I mean I can understand his frustration and wanting to go straight down the tunnel but if the manager is telling him to go and appreciate the fans he should of sucked it up and done it. But like Jagerbob just said he has been one of our best players this season and I do feel a little sorry that in hindsight, he probably should of stayed at Burnley. But money talks. 

Archived