Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

doesn't excuse poor proffessionalism

Any more post you going to quoted from nearly every thread? Weird you are today. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, irobinson said:

worth a second chance in my book - can't stand football egos!

I do love Bucko but I have to say I think we've moved on from him. Ability wise shacks everyday of the week. I see two ways of seeing it yesterday. Player(s) totally pi55ed off with throwing a game away that was dead and buried and disappointed in themselves. I think that's fair enough. Player(s) angry with manager decisions. Same with the Wassall debate, personally if he's stormed off cause he's annoyed with himself that's fine as we will prob see a reaction on sat. All blown out of proportion to me, if the video never came to light we would be none the wiser. Oh and also I just wish someone could tell me what the Derby way is. I'm more confused than scooby doo. 

10 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Any more post you going to quoted from nearly every thread? Weird you are today. 

when there are a lot of posts being made, and I am replying to a particular comment I always quote it to show who I am replying to.

its not weird, its polite.

21 hours ago, MrsRam said:

I paid to support my team - as pissed off as I was, I clapped the few players that bothered to clap us - I was angry at that capitulation too. 

That's credit to you, in fairness.  But i'm not going to criticise a player who can't face the fans after a last 10 minutes like that, he may feel too embarrassed to receive applause.  It all depends on his reasons for refusing to do so however...and i am not aware of what they are. 

On 12 March 2016 at 09:57, Rammeister said:

It's not good really.

in the 'real world' Shacks would face disciplinary action for insubordination.

If DW can't even get Shackell to clap the crowd  then Mel needs to remove Wassell right now as his (Wassells) authority and credibility is non existent, and he will be unable to get it back once lost.

Basic management.

I can't believe anyone can endorse Shak's behaviour to be honest. On that aspect, I fully agree with Rammeister especially coming so soon after Warnock's Tweet. No, I don't think Wassell is (or should have been) a candidate for the permanent role but I actually felt sorry for him after that capitulation.

Nor, however, do I think the solution now is to immediately remove Wassell. Indeed, the only thing we could do right now which would be worse in my view would be to do nothing and ignore obvious discord within the playing group. I have no idea if the ructions are just between some players and Wassell, if they're between some players and the management of the club, or if they are between the players.

But that reaction (and Wassell's reaction to it) clearly says Wassell's authority is being treated with contempt. The solution to that though is not to confirm the players' disrespect of his authority. 

Aren't two player-related coups within 12 months suggesting we have to draw the line?

To be honest shackle and wass are both in the wrong,, it's a clusterfuck which could have easily been 90%  sorted in the wass interview ,,, honesty earns respect , was not there but listening on Rams player sounded like Derby were v good up till the double sub which was naive at best and though yes they should still have held on but it had a massive negative effect on the game and did cost us, wass should have held his hands up in interview and took it on the chin stating that it was a mistake that he  will learn from , that way he is seen by players as taking his share and trying to shield them and fans may think we were moving forward with a much improved 80 mins under a rookie coach who made a mistake ,sees it clearly, accepts it and will learn from it instead of which we have another total mess to be sorted in the dressing room,,, the substitution shows wass has loads to learn ,, the interview shows he has far too much to learn to be considered for the job permanently and throws doubt on whether his personality will allow him to learn the lessons he needs to to become a good coach in time

On 3/12/2016 at 23:20, McLovin said:

Shackell did what any man who is hungry to win would do. I wouldn't clap to my own fans knowing that my team had given up a three goal lead. We need more winners like Shackell.

Winners like Shackell... What's he won?

On 3/13/2016 at 03:50, MrsRam said:

Well he gives a good wedding video doesnt he - lovely wife.   Jesus, is it HIM we're talkign about

The one we all wanted home?

The snake in the grass- i thought he was doing ok and that keogh was the weak link......

Not all of us!!! 

22 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Promotion to the Premier League?

Wow that puts a lot of players in the 'winners' category then. Just from Derby's past we brand the following footballers 'winners'.

Stephen Bywater

Craig Fagan

Dean Leacock

I think you get my point...

Shackell has shown he clearly doesn't care about the club from his performances this season and this incident. Keogh has really shown him up in most games performance-wise.

On 13 March 2016 at 08:23, Saul Pimpson said:

"Good on you Shacks"

Are you ******* serious?!

Give me Thorne's reaction over Shackell's every time.

I can see both sides of this but what it does show is that Shackell really cares about how we do and is as upset as we were with Wassall's changes. The more Shacks is mentally invested in Derby the more likely it was hard for him to let go of the inexplicable changes that led to the downfall. He cares. I think its a good sign. George Thorne is class 24-7 so no surprises about his good reaction there. 

4 minutes ago, Casio said:

Wow that puts a lot of players in the 'winners' category then. Just from Derby's past we brand the following footballers 'winners'.

Stephen Bywater

Craig Fagan

Dean Leacock

Shackell has shown he clearly doesn't care about the club from his performances this season and this incident. Keogh has really shown him up in most games performance-wise.

Well they did all win something... 

I wasn't there and I'm not him, so I can't know for sure, but Shackell's reaction looks petulant. If it wasn't meant to be then I apologise to him, but to me it looked like he was blaming everyone but himself, and when you concede three goals, you have to take it on the chin as a defender. The attack did their job, the defence (and not just the back 5), didn't do theirs. We have played the same 5 for a few weeks now and it doesn't look any more secure than in game one.

Wassell was a defender. I would expect him to know what to do to put it right.

12 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Well they did all win something... 

Fair enough we clearly have a different opinion of a winner. I think you need to achieve success more than once to be a winner or more significant than championship promotion, but hey that's clearly just me.

16 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Assuming we won't go up this year, I would like to see our season next year founded on a sound defence. This year we brought in good defenders in Baird and Warnock but let both go in the search for a footballing back four. I think we got the wrong Burnley man and that Ben Mee is the stronger defender. Shackell just looks good. Olssen and Christie love bombing forward but against good attackers look limited. 

It was for half a season this year and it was boring as fook!

4 minutes ago, Casio said:

Stephen Bywater

Craig Fagan

Dean Leacock

You're taking the response out of context though. You asked a simple question, and got a simple answer, then proceeded to extrapolate.

Archived