Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

Well somethings going off - Wassall doesn't think he should apologise - well - someones got to take the wrap for that capitulaltion today...........

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Anon said:

The heart bleeds. I love how when talking about Shackell it is apparently all the fault of midfielders who don't protect him, yet Keogh, Christie and Olsson are all terrible defenders. "But he played in the Premiership that one time", well whoop de ******* do. He still can't pass over 5 yards.

Shackell was utterly awful today - a shadow of the player he used to be.

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Shackell did what any man who is hungry to win would do. I wouldn't clap to my own fans knowing that my team had given up a three goal lead. We need more winners like Shackell.

He was utter garbage today

16 minutes ago, whitefieldram said:

How do you know? You dont. We'll never know, someone with one braincell could work that out. 

I doubt that you could.

Not being funny, if I was shackell I would have done the exact same thing! we draw a game 3-3 after being 3-0 up with 8 mins to go and then you want me to go over and clap the fans, who at this point, probably want to kill the majority of us. Talk about feeding to the lions! Wassa, you crack on pal! maybe if you'd made like for like subs and not tried to go for it at 3-0 up and all that. . . 

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I doubt that you could.

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Bucko denied it in a pre season interview.

Ah i see, fair doos - take it back! But stick by the faces fitting comment.

It's a petulant reaction from Shackell.

But what did Wassall expect? Football is a highly-charged, emotional sport and that anger is manifesting because Shackell knows he and the defenders alongside him didn't deliver under pressure. He is angry at himself and his performance more than anything, from what I can see.

Surely the art of being a good manager is understanding the psychology of the players and each player is a different character and it's important to know the right time to berate a player, the right time to put an arm around a player and the right time to give a player some space. Shackell needed some space, not being dictated to.

If I look at it from a player's perspective, if I had been part of a defence that had just conceded 3 goals in 10 minutes and missed out on victory in the process, I wouldn't be relishing going over to the fans after the game and having the knife dug in.

"What a waste of money, Shackell. Go back to wherever yer came from, yer mug!"

I would probably want to get off the pitch as soon as possible, retreat into a dark room and get myself right to go again.

Similarly, from a fan's perspective, after that horror show, coming over and applauding isn't going to comfort me in any way - I'd be sick of the sight of those players who had just let me down - and it doesn't require the whole squad coming over to show appreciation either.

If the captain is there doing that, that's fair enough. And last time I checked, Shackell is not the captain...

Let's not blow something so minor way out of proportion.

I imagine the fans booed at full-time, no? If that's the case then I can totally understand why Shackell left without acknowledging them. If I was criticised, regardless of my own performance, the last thing I would want to do is to clap those that have vocally abused me. 

Nevertheless, the whole response is a complete mess. Thorne is clearly disgusted with Shackell and Shackell has made Wassall look weak. 

As people have said, it's yet another reason why he can't be in charge for the game next week. 

Going over to applaud the fans at full time, after that abomination, is a ******* patronising insult to the fans. I think Shackell knew this and on top of the changes Waffle made which forced all the pressure on him and the other 3 defenders, I'm not surprised he told him to **** off! I'd have been much less restrained!

52 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Shackell did what any man who is hungry to win would do. I wouldn't clap to my own fans knowing that my team had given up a three goal lead. We need more winners like Shackell.

Winners like Shackell?? He is part of the problem!!

23 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Not being funny, if I was shackell I would have done the exact same thing! we draw a game 3-3 after being 3-0 up with 8 mins to go and then you want me to go over and clap the fans, who at this point, probably want to kill the majority of us. Talk about feeding to the lions! Wassa, you crack on pal! maybe if you'd made like for like subs and not tried to go for it at 3-0 up and all that. . . 

That probably says a lot about your character as well (or lack of). x

I'd be happy if Shackell never played for Derby again. Any player who acts like its "all about me" and too full of self pity or self importance to at least pretend to acknowledge the fans after a capitulation like that, can fook right off as far as i'm concerned.

Not expecting anyone to agree with me btw, its just my opinion. He's arrogant and not as good as he thinks he is.

Darren looked a broken man today walking off the pitch and should step down for his own sanity if no other reason. He's been a loyal servant to the club and doesn't deserve the abuse he gets.

If I was Mel, I would ask David Moyes to step in until the end of the season to steady the ship and instill some respect and professionalism in the players.

31 minutes ago, whitefieldram said:

Ah i see, fair doos - take it back! But stick by the faces fitting comment.

I'm sorry, but I really do have to take the piss - my pubic demand it.

Archived