Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Honestly you hypocrites.

Half of you are mods who lecture people who are critical or dare to have a different view. You go on about what being a Derby fan is all about. When it matters, when we lose, you all wet your pants and turn on shackell just because he displayed some anger.

.....and we didn't even lose!

Given a choice between siding with Thorne and siding with Shackell?

No contest.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Honestly you hypocrites.

Half of you are mods who lecture people who are critical or dare to have a different view. You go on about what being a Derby fan is all about. When it matters, when we lose, you all wet your pants and turn on shackell just because he displayed some anger.

He ran off down the tunnel to hide whilst all his team mates were still on the pitch. That's not anger it's petulance, and it's a shame that one of our senior pros should have to have an example of how to behave set for him by 23 year old George Thorne.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

And of course he was purchased to pacify our super fanbase after last season's capitulation.

Even you're at it. But with you its always the fans fault.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Given a choice between siding with Thorne and siding with Shackell?

No contest.

It will all get sorted out at playtime.

Thorne and Bucko walking on to the pitch to applaud the fans despite having played no part in that capitulation, Shackell can't wait to get off. Shows the difference in character of some of the squad and why we are where we are. 

Shackell is a coward. A coward who played absolutely pathetically today and if we're being honest has been for quite some time. He shouldn't play again this season and should be the first we sell this summer. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Even you're at it. But with you its always the fans fault.

I'm usually pretty placid at the best of times, you know, being the super-intelligent one on this forum, and given the choice between walking out and booing, I will walk out every time. Saying that, I find it very difficult to condemn those that booed at the end of today's capitulation. That video is pretty damning, and I find it equally difficult to deny the evidence of my own eyes.

Thorne looked pretty disgusted with Shackell - there are major problems behind the scenes now, because it has been mismanaged from start to finish - if it actually has finished. The next few days are going to be 'interesting'.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Shackell did what any man who is hungry to win would do. I wouldn't clap to my own fans knowing that my team had given up a three goal lead. We need more winners like Shackell.

And of course you'd be saying the same if it was Pearson he'd told to **** off, wouldn't you? 

43 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

Going over to applaud the fans at full time, after that abomination, is a ******* patronising insult to the fans. I think Shackell knew this and on top of the changes Waffle made which forced all the pressure on him and the other 3 defenders, I'm not surprised he told him to **** off! I'd have been much less restrained!

I definitely didn't feel patronised or insulted by any player that came over. If anything it has only strengthened the affinity I feel to certain players and the apathy I feel to certain others.

7 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Thorne and Bucko walking on to the pitch to applaud the fans despite having played no part in that capitulation, Shackell can't wait to get off. Shows the difference in character of some of the squad and why we are where we are. 

Shackell is a coward. A coward who played absolutely pathetically today and if we're being honest has been for quite some time. He shouldn't play again this season and should be the first we sell this summer. 

That Spanish guy Raul someone or other had another blinder for Malaga last night.

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I definitely didn't feel patronised or insulted by any player that came over. If anything it has only strengthened the affinity I feel to certain players and the apathy I feel to certain others.

As a matter of interest, who came over and applauded and who didn't?

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yes can we have a register please.

exactly... fans are so freaking precious... he didnt come and applaud....he stuck 2 fingers up at us... so what... I would be more worried about Shackles (and his centre half partner) performances over the last few games than wether or not he can clap his hands together.

This isn't about applauding fans or not, at least not for me. It's about professionalism.

I never like players who publicly argue with their managers or their team-mates. Having a bit of a vent in frustration after a goal is slightly different, but if Shackell was a team-player and professional, he'd have begrudgingly walked over near the Derby fans, put his hands together a couple of times, and then had a go at Wassall in the changing rooms.

Good managers don't let this sort of thing happen, but team-players wouldn't do it in the first place.

Arguments on the pitch. Leaked info of dressing room affairs to the press. Sorry, I don't know if it's Shackell or whatever, but it's not an overreaction to feel that this team has something seriously wrong with it and to ask questions about the character of some of the players in that dressing room.

This isn't good enough. The silly arguments of the video in the OP isn't the end of the world, but you can't just brush it off either. 

I would be annoyed too. With myself and the manager. Everything external would simply be blocking my thoughts about how we went from 3 up to drawing 3-3. It's what happens next that is important. He's showing a bit of passion. I would rather that than him running over to the manager to shine his shoes and then go off and parade himself in front of the fans. The way some of you talk. It sounds like you would love to go live under a Kim's rule. 

30 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yes can we have a register please.

I couldn't tell you. We left straight on the final whstle, muttering and moaning - a bit like the 80 minute leavers at home games, we had somewhere to get to quickly (my daughter's partner's birthday bash).

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I would be annoyed too. With myself and the manager. Everything external would simply be blocking my thoughts about how we went from 3 up to drawing 3-3. It's what happens next that is important. He's showing a bit of passion. I would rather that than him running over to the manager to shine his shoes and then go off and parade himself in front of the fans. The way some of you talk. It sounds like you would love to go live under a Kim's rule. 

His reaction to Wassall is only part of this. Shackell treats any of his team mates who try to talk to him with exactly the same disdain. Do you think the rest of them weren't annoyed or frustrated? As I've said earlier in this thread passion isn't the same as petulance.

34 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

exactly... fans are so freaking precious... he didnt come and applaud....he stuck 2 fingers up at us... so what... I would be more worried about Shackles (and his centre half partner) performances over the last few games than wether or not he can clap his hands together.

I go to watch Derby to see them win and to be entertained. Not to be clapped at before and after a game. Should replace that rubbish with an unstable  war cry of sorts during matches instead to get the fans going a bit.  

Well he gives a good wedding video doesnt he - lovely wife.   Jesus, is it HIM we're talkign about

The one we all wanted home?

The snake in the grass- i thought he was doing ok and that keogh was the weak link......

2 hours ago, Rammeister said:

It's not good really.

in the 'real world' Shacks would face disciplinary action for insubordination.

If DW can't even get Shackell to clap the crowd  then Mel needs to remove Wassell right now as his (Wassells) authority and credibility is non existent, and he will be unable to get it back once lost.

Basic management.

It is the real world. 

That was a real football match, and he is paid in real money to be a Derby County player.  And football players can face disciplinary action.

I can understand why Wassall wants the players to applaud the fans, who have traveled away from home to support the team.  But i can also understand Shackell being angry and frustrated after such a dreadful capitulation.....he probably feels like the he or the rest of the team don't deserve the appreciation of the fans....rather than the fans don't deserve the appreciation of the players. 

Archived