Poll of the Day: Steve McClaren to the end of the season?

Carl Sagan

Return of the Mac  

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Where is Mcsilks these days? Haven't read anything from him for ages..I don't get my comparison to him,I should feel flattered,he is a lot better poster than me.I don't always agree with him,but I respect his views,as I do yours obviously.I don't always respect my views,but on this issue I agree with you that DW should stay to the end of the season,because he was asked to,same as Clement.

Dunno. He threw a wobbly when someone posted 'wave' and he took it as a mark of disrespect to the Japanese in general, and his relations in particular, and he's never posted since. As in wave = tsunami = devastating flood = nuclear disaster = Gojira.

The comparison is down to the fact that you both, on occasion, make we want to rip my own spleen out - but that's because you poke the right (or the wrong) buttons.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Dunno. He threw a wobbly when someone posted 'wave' and he took it as a mark of disrespect to the Japanese in general, and his relations in particular, and he's never posted since. As in wave = tsunami = devastating flood = nuclear disaster = Gojira.

The comparison is down to the fact that you both, on occasion, make we want to rip my own spleen out - but that's because you poke the right (or the wrong) buttons.

Well,at least I don't bore you.

Dont dispute the style of play under Mac,and i personally believe he is a capable coach, he has betrayed the players,fans and employers with his antics , ff in off to a so called bigger club better with a bigger pay packet,he was at best disloyal and untrueful with all the Newcastle speculation over many months whilst at Derby,no coincidence with the loss of form and dressing room.We took him in and gave him a fantastic oppurtunity when no one else would have taken the risk ,still mud on his face from his England fiasco and the farce at forest.Dispite this and his affiliation with the club as a player and coach with Jim he showed no loyalty ,commitment to the club.If he came back it would be for the money and dont think otherwise,, SM you are a man of few morales,no loyalty and have brought your present plight on yourself.Go Manager some 3rd rate foriegn club that dont speak english and ever darken the corridors of my Pride park

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

My answer is straight away no.

Plus the current odds have him as likely as Nigel Clough. Read into that what you will.

The odds have been by and large unchanged for a week. It probably means that nobody's had a bet.

Speaking of which, how much has Mel forked out on the team since McClaren was ousted here? Say £26 million? And the odds are 33-1 against Schteve being in charge after the first day next season?

All Mel needs is £788,000 placed with the right bookie at the right time - and he can cover his losses. I'm sure he can find that down the settee (probably stuck to some crushed candy) - just needs a bookie's runner.

Hey Mostyn: Mel's got a job for you...

5 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Dont dispute the style of play under Mac,and i personally believe he is a capable coach, he has betrayed the players,fans and employers with his antics of ff in off to a so called bigger club better pay packet,he was at best disloyal and untrueful with all the Newcastle speculation over many months,no coincidence with the loss of form and dressing room.We took him in and gave him a fantastic oppurtunity when no one else would have taken the risk ,still mud on his face from his England fiasco and the farce at forest.Dispite this and his affiliation with the club as a player and coach with Jim he showed no loyalty ,commitment to the club.If he came back it would be for the money and dont think otherwise,,SM you are a man of few morales,no loyalty and have brought your present plight on yourself.Go Manager some 3rd rate foriegn club that dont speak english and ever darken the corridors of my Pride park.

Too true, fancy turning down Newcastle twice and allowing himself to be sacked.

I would pay good money to give the current squad to Mac, to see what he could do with them, so I voted till the end of season. And once he's got us promoted ...........give him a long term contract ...............Miss that footie we played while he was here [prior to our injury last season]

45 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Never again. 

Yes, SOME of the football was great. 

SOME of the football was dire. 

NO plan B, and this, not the injuries is what the biggest problem was. 

We all had a moan about the lack of a plan B ,kin hell right now I would be grateful for a plan A.

I went for until the end of the season purely based on the football we played in a positive manor for 18 months balanced against how he let us down and drivel served up this season with so many opportunities available.

what do we have to lose? 

Sith Happens

Yeah to the end of the season, there isnt much wrong with this squad i think he would get us playing good football. Cant see him doing anything though, he will have some sort of pay off no doubt which may be compromised by taking a new job.

Overall Steve MacClaren was good for us and I did not agree with his sacking. But to suggest that he could ever come back now is simply wrong. New permanent manager/coach or stick with Wassall ( even if that is a gruesome thought).

It would take a man with mahoosive Ballcocks to say "Steve, let's put the past behind us, start afresh and let's pretend the last year didn't happen."

You don't become a billionaire without the requesit cojones, bring him back Mel, you know it makes sense.

Archived