Poll of the Day: Steve McClaren to the end of the season?

Carl Sagan

Return of the Mac  

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Always wondered if part of the reason we’ve been inexplicably persevering with Darren Waffle  is because we were waiting for Newcastle to put McClaren back on the market

I'd love to think that, but the vibe I got from breakfast with Mel was that he thought McClaren's behaviour was very bad when the Newcastle rumours surfaced.

Not sure Mel is the type to change his mind. Not sure he has that level of humility.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'd love to think that, but the vibe I got from breakfast with Mel was that he thought McClaren's behaviour was very bad when the Newcastle rumours surfaced.

Not sure Mel is the type to change his mind. Not sure he has that level of humility.

I wonder if McLaren has, though? Cap in hand to Mel? 

I voted 'never again' - mainly because at the moment, everything I want turns to something between @mcsilks and @top 6 finish (read into that what you will).

When Mel asked me who I thought should be manager, I said "Steve McClaren" - because I thought that the sacking shouldn't have happened at the time, the appointment of Paul Clement should not have been made and then he should not have been replaced. A long chain of events to undo. At the time, I wanted to turn the clock back 12 months, and now I want to turn it back 13.

However, conversely, Darren Wassall gets my 100% support at the moment and will do until the day his successor is appointed, because he is the current man in the hot-seat, and I have never called for the head of a manager in my life (not Docherty, not Gregory, not Todd, not Billy Third-person - acually that's not QUITE true because I felt that Paul Jewell should have been removed from the firing-line the moment the movie story broke, but I kept that to myself), and I won't start now.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I voted 'never again' - mainly because at the moment, everything I want turns to something between @mcsilks and @top 6 finish (read into that what you will).

When Mel asked me who I thought should be manager, I said "Steve McClaren" - because I thought that the sacking shouldn't have happened at the time, the appointment of Paul Clement should not have been made and then he should not have been replaced. A long chain of events to undo. At the time, I wanted to turn the clock back 12 months, and now I want to turn it back 13.

However, conversely, Darren Wassall gets my 100% support at the moment and will do until the day his successor is appointed, because he is the current man in the hot-seat, and I have never called for the head of a manager in my life (not Docherty, not Gregory, not Todd, not Billy Third-person - acually that's not QUITE true because I felt that Paul Jewell should have been removed from the firing-line the moment the movie story broke, but I kept that to myself), and I won't start now.

What did Mel reply when you said Steve Mac?

10 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

What did Mel reply when you said Steve Mac?

He didn't, apart from a wry laugh. I must confess that there was a little 'devilment' in my reply, and I didn't expect any response from Mel.

Taking into consideration what we have had to suffer since Schteve left and the style of play we enjoyed (prior to his head getting turned by The Toon) I had to vote Permanently. 

Didnt think I ever would after the way last season ended, time to forgive and forget about the past and let's go again. 

There may be many on here who disagree strongly with this but it's my personal opinion, be it right or wrong. 

Archived