Poll of the Day: Steve McClaren to the end of the season?

Carl Sagan

Return of the Mac  

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

So you were in a face to face with Mel, he asked you who you thought should be Manager, and you said Steve McLaren?

I think that I ought to explain - although it was actually in the post that you quoted, but you might have missed it - or of course you may not have, but decided to cherry-pick anyway (it's what I would probably do).The bit about turning the clocks back not 8 months, which would only take us back to the time that McClaren was sacked, but 12, taking us back to before the moment that Newcastle United and Ashley turned his pretty hair-island. Perhaps it was a bit subtle.

I have been totally consistent in my treatment of managers in the past. The man in the hot-seat gets my full outward support, irrespective of how I inwardly feel. Derby quite possibly were right to part company with McClaren at the time, but am I not allowed flights of fancy? After all, pretty well everything that some have said in this and other threads, together with the people who made those not-very-well-informed remarks is with the fairies, so why can't I be?

Next question.....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted never again. I was very disappointed when McClaren was sacked but we can't go back.

When he came to us he was rested and eager for the challenge.  Now he has been under pressure for over a season and he needs a break.

We need someone who can motivate our obviously talented squad to play our football in that carefree way we did under McClaren, but that can also build in some resilience for when the going gets tough. I don't think he could do that, unfortunately. 

Archived