Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He's not doing well though, Burton are playing like tosh. They're probably going to get promoted because of the buffer they had when JFH left. Hopefully Clough's playstyle keeps them up, but I'm not sure it will. 

The buffer they had from JFH? After 20 games  they were two points clear at the top, 6 points clear of third and 10 clear of 6th.

Where they are now?

After 44 games they're 3 points off top, behind a wigan side who had a 15m budget for league one. they're  6 points clear of third and 11 clear of 6th.

Playing like tosh? How many games have you seen? I've been to quite a few including all of the last 6. They are playing as well as they did under Jimmy at any point. They've got a first team squad of about 16, they weren't prolific before NC got there and they haven't been prolific under him either.

The issue I've got? fans who know nowt about their situation, fans who are literally waiting for him to fail, fans who said he would fail, fans who've written on this thread that he'd ruin Burton and that he'd kill their season. They were wrong.

Now they're scrambling around looking for any excuse to keep up their nastiness.

He's been in charge for 24 games and he's never had them out of the top 2. I understand that hurts a few of you but I don't understand why.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KBB said:

Anyone know what George burley is up to at the moment?

Or Phil Brown? or Billy Davies or Paul Jewell, all three of whom did more damage to Derby than Clough ever managed.

Yet it's Clough who gets ripped apart day in day out, bloody hell even the Sakho drug thread someone managed to get a Clough dig in there.

It's pure hatred, spite and nastiness that drives it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it can only be down to the fact he used to smash Derby all over the park as a player and you lot haven't been able to move on from that.

I'm really looking forward to the fact the nastier ones like Troy, Hinzy, DEL, McMuffin and a few others will be spitting feathers when Burton under "clueless" Clough are celebrating promotion. 

It won't be down to Clough of course, even if they go up, lets see how much class these lads have by coming on here and admitting they got it wrong.

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Or Phil Brown? or Billy Davies or Paul Jewell, all three of whom did more damage to Derby than Clough ever managed.

Yet it's Clough who gets ripped apart day in day out, bloody hell even the Sakho drug thread someone managed to get a Clough dig in there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it can only be down to the fact he used to smash Derby all over the park as a player and you lot haven't been able to move on from that.

I'm really looking forward to the fact the nastier ones like Troy, Hinzy, DEL, McMuffin and a few others will be spitting feathers when Burton under "clueless" Clough are celebrating promotion. 

It won't be down to Clough of course, even if they go up, lets see how much class these lads have by coming on here and admitting they got it wrong.

Also worth mentioning Sheffield United haven't exactly gone forwards since he was sacked have they?

Don't understand all the anger aimed at Clough either. I hope he gets Burton promoted - they'll probably do ok under him in the champ, but I honestly can't see him taking anywhere beyond mid-table in the long run. In my humble opinion that's probably his limit as a manager. Not to be sniffed at for a club like Burton tho. 

12 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Ok mate.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Guilty as charged, but wind yer neck in Ronnie, it was a JOKE!

I like Clough, appreciate he did a good job and wish him well.

18 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

There's nothing spiteful about expressing an opinion that Clough was an extremely limited manager. I hope he does well at Burton, whilst he's at another club it means ergo he's not here which suits me fine.

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Guilty as charged, but wind yer neck in Ronnie, it was a JOKE!

I like Clough, appreciate he did a good job and wish him well.

it was a joke that made me laugh. Or at least have a little chuckle. I got it. I am able to separate those "little" digs from the nastier ones Revel.

That's why you're not on the nasty list.

Again, if anyone thinks that my replies are aimed at the entire forum, then it's not right at all.

It's the nasty, spiteful serial bile spouters that I'm aiming this at.

4 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

it was a joke that made me laugh. Or at least have a little chuckle. I got it. I am able to separate those "little" digs from the nastier ones Revel.

That's why you're not on the nasty list.

Again, if anyone thinks that my replies are aimed at the entire forum, then it's not right at all.

It's the nasty, spiteful serial bile spouters that I'm aiming this at.

oh-you-thumb.jpg

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

The buffer they had from JFH? After 20 games  they were two points clear at the top, 6 points clear of third and 10 clear of 6th.

Where they are now?

After 44 games they're 3 points off top, behind a wigan side who had a 15m budget for league one. they're  6 points clear of third and 11 clear of 6th.

Playing like tosh? How many games have you seen? I've been to quite a few including all of the last 6. They are playing as well as they did under Jimmy at any point. They've got a first team squad of about 16, they weren't prolific before NC got there and they haven't been prolific under him either.

The issue I've got? fans who know nowt about their situation, fans who are literally waiting for him to fail, fans who said he would fail, fans who've written on this thread that he'd ruin Burton and that he'd kill their season. They were wrong.

Now they're scrambling around looking for any excuse to keep up their nastiness.

He's been in charge for 24 games and he's never had them out of the top 2. I understand that hurts a few of you but I don't understand why.

Perhaps 'arry's been 'avin' a quite word with Nige whilst he's up here in the sticks.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, KBB said:

worst mistake this club made was to give clough the job.

said at the time we would never hear the last of it.

You must have selective memory, dcfc have made many far worse mistakes...

3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Where they are now?

Attended the game v Wigan, and after a neutral 1st half thought they embarrassed Wigan in the 2nd. Thoroughly deserved to win that game and if they had, would have been in a reasonable position to actually win the league.

Quite incredible for club of this size, when assessed in a rational manner, at least by anybody with an ounce of intelligence.

I’m actually quite enjoying the bile being written, it humours me, and the authors are repeatedly embarrassing themselves in their desperation to save some face.

4 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Where they are now?

So how many games did you go to watch when JFH was in charge?

Archived