Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Srg said:

Working with a few Burton fans... they hate him. He's killing the "verve" of the team and they're lucky to be clinging on.

Are you having a laugh? Are they fan fans or just come out of the woodwork?

The ones I know are more than happy with their season so far, they appreciate what Nigel and Mr Robinson have done for the club and love the fact their academy is turning out first team players. 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

He was guessing an answer from ronnie

bit has,he watched Burton enough to have a worthwhile opinion based on what's actually happened

I know I dint know enough to criticise or praise Clough. But ronnies stats show that only one team has gained ground and overtaken Burton show its not really surviving on the buffer from JFH.

12 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Are you having a laugh? Are they fan fans or just come out of the woodwork?

The ones I know are more than happy with their season so far, they appreciate what Nigel and Mr Robinson have done for the club and love the fact their academy is turning out first team players. 

Fans. Hate going back. 

11 hours ago, Srg said:

Working with a few Burton fans... they hate him. He's killing the "verve" of the team and they're lucky to be clinging on.

Absolute rubbish.

What 'verve' are they on about. It is their defensive record that has had them up their all season. 

At no point have they really played decent attacking football and their style now is hardly any different to how they played under JFH, other than losing their most creative player.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Absolute rubbish.

What 'verve' are they on about. It is their defensive record that has had them up their all season. 

At no point have they really played decent attacking football and their style now is hardly any different to how they played under JFH, other than losing their most creative player.

Doubt you go every week. 

Strange thing about Burton, I know a couple of Derby and Stoke ex season ticket holders who now have a season ticket at Burton.

There's many a half fan I know who were Derby, Stoke, Brum, Villa and Wolves who are now Burton fans. Even a Leeds fan ffs!

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Doubt you go every week. 

Do you have to go to every match to form a general opinion?

Look at their defensive and attacking stats and look at their line ups.

Feel free to give me any sort of analysis that proves my statement wrong and I will take it back.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Doubt you go every week. 

Under Jimmy Floyd in the league they scored 23 goals in 20 games. Conceded 16 giving them a GD  of +7 and they lost to Walsall, Coventry, Barnsley, Fleetwood and Bury. (25% of games)

Under Nigel, in the league they scored 33 goals in 24 games. Conceded 21 giving them a GD of +12 and they lost to Shrewsbury, Rochdale, Southend, Bradford, Millwall and Ssausagehorpe (25% of their games).

I'd say those Burton fans who hate him and can't stand going back are as stupid and/or ignorant as the fans on here who posted that he's going to ruin their season.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Under Jimmy Floyd in the league they scored 23 goals in 20 games. Conceded 16 giving them a GD  of +7 and they lost to Walsall, Coventry, Barnsley, Fleetwood and Bury. (25% of games)

Under Nigel, in the league they scored 33 goals in 24 games. Conceded 21 giving them a GD of +12 and they lost to Shrewsbury, Rochdale, Southend, Bradford, Millwall and Ssausagehorpe (25% of their games).

I'd say those Burton fans who hate him and can't stand going back are as stupid and/or ignorant as the fans on here who posted that he's going to ruin their season.

Only scored more than 2 goals once this season with JFH in charge, five times since NC took charge.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you have to go to every match to form a general opinion?

Look at their defensive and attacking stats and look at their line ups.

Feel free to give me any sort of analysis that proves my statement wrong and I will take it back.

3 different season ticket holders opinions, who have absolutely no axe to grind with Nigel - as Ronnie would like to think we do.  More than enough for me. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

3 different season ticket holders opinions, who have absolutely no axe to grind with Nigel - as Ronnie would like to think we do.  More than enough for me. 

You're trying to tell me you and others don't have an axe to grind?

Blimey, I'd hate to see how you react to someone you've really taken an irrational dislike to.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

As I say I have seen a few games and know plenty who go every week and NC 'killing their verve' is not something I have seen or heard from any who watch them.

The stats seem to back this up to.

The only thing I can even possibly think they might be talking about is the loss of El Khayati, not sure how NC can be blamed for that.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As I say I have seen a few games and know plenty who go every week and NC 'killing their verve' is not something I have seen or heard from any who watch them.

The stats seem to back this up to.

The only thing I can even possibly think they might be talking about is the loss of El Khayati, not sure how NC can be blamed for that.

Verve, passion, fire... Whatever you want to call it. They've been flat. 

Stats are all well and good, but they can only back up what you've seen with your own eyes. 

And equally Ronnie, id love to see what you'd do with someone you really love. I'd be a little bit concerned if I was them. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Stats are all well and good, but they can only back up what you've seen with your own eyes. 

And equally Ronnie, id love to see what you'd do with someone you really love. I'd be a little bit concerned if I was them. 

Stats like scoring goals are normally quite a good indicator in football I would say.

Factor in the fact that Burton had a bad patch with 3 games without a goal too.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

But on this occasion, you'll not worry about what you've seen with your own eyes.

You'll take the views of 3 (THREE) season ticket holders - clearly a huge majority of the fan base and you'll roll with that.

Archived