Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

the fact the no team around them has really maintained excellent form says a lot. That division at the top is as competitive as the Championship and all the teams are of a similar standard. Hence why with their last seven matches being predominately against teams in the top 7 they've haven't won, bit did draw a few.

I think Walsall and Gillingham were the two most likely, but they've both massively lost form too.

The reason I'd fear for Burton in the playoffs is that Millwall, Barnsley and Bradford have all come into form over the past few months. At the New Year stage Millwall were 10th, Bradford 12th and Barnsley 17th. 

That must be a pretty unique feat. I can't think of any Championship season where three midtable teams at the half-way stage ended up making the playoffs.

Barnsley were 20 points behind Coventry, now they're seven points clear of them. Crazy stuff.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think Walsall and Gillingham were the two most likely, but they've both massively lost form too.

The reason I'd fear for Burton in the playoffs is that Millwall, Barnsley and Bradford have all come into form over the past few months. At the New Year stage Millwall were 10th, Bradford 12th and Barnsley 17th. 

That must be a pretty unique feat. I can't think of any Championship season where three midtable teams at the half-way stage ended up making the playoffs.

Barnsley were 20 points behind Coventry, now they're seven points clear of them. Crazy stuff.

id fear for them in the play-offs but I dont think they'll end up in there

47 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Burton with a much-needed win, their first in seven matches!

You'd probably assume one more win from either Gillingham and Doncaster would seal it for them. Can't see Walsall winning all three of their remaining matches, plus they've got a worse GD.

I guess Burton can count themselves fortunate those around them have also blown it. On current form they would have next to no hope of winning the playoffs.

Be interesting to see how they go about planning on surviving in the Championship.

No fortune about it. Burton's position has been achieved through a rock solid defence.

They had to sell their most creative forward player. Took Mason Bennett on loan who has looked awful.

Have suffered with a few injuries.

It may look like NC has then limping over the finish line but I'm reality he has done a good job.

Nice to see Nigel Clough doing well,since leaving the rams with a squad capable of the playoffs.

And his cheap players -Russell-Martin-Bryson-Keogh-Hughes-Hendrick,mixing well with the multi million pound players

Brought in looking for the next level,and of coarse best wishes to the third coach brought in,

1 F-A cup semi at wembley--I league cup semi final,1 playoff semi final--And this season 1playoff semi final guaranteed

With automatic promotion to play for, im sure us Derby fans wish him well,and send our best wishes;

He's not doing well though, Burton are playing like tosh. They're probably going to get promoted because of the buffer they had when JFH left. Hopefully Clough's playstyle keeps them up, but I'm not sure it will. 

3 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Nice to see Nigel Clough doing well,since leaving the rams with a squad capable of the playoffs.

And his cheap players -Russell-Martin-Bryson-Keogh-Hughes-Hendrick,mixing well with the multi million pound players

Brought in looking for the next level,and of coarse best wishes to the third coach brought in,

1 F-A cup semi at wembley--I league cup semi final,1 playoff semi final--And this season 1playoff semi final guaranteed

With automatic promotion to play for, im sure us Derby fans wish him well,and send our best wishes;

Working with a few Burton fans... they hate him. He's killing the "verve" of the team and they're lucky to be clinging on.

18 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Cracking signings. As for the latter 2 who came from the academy, credit to clough for selecting them and our academy staff/NC for progressing them.

1 hour ago, trevor1946 said:

Not with Derby, Not with Derby, Not with Derby, and finally... not with Derby.

Not achieved with Derby, so he gets no credit from me, similarly, I don't get excited about his father for winning 2 European cups, as it was not with Derby.

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not with Derby, Not with Derby, Not with Derby, and finally... not with Derby.

Not achieved with Derby, so he gets no credit from me, similarly, I don't get excited about his father for winning 2 European cups, as it was not with Derby.

He did achieve the league cup semi didn't he? Got replaced between the round before and the semi. 

Agree with you, just like balance. 

Although having said that I might be misremembering. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Working with a few Burton fans... they hate him. He's killing the "verve" of the team and they're lucky to be clinging on.

Didn't a fare few people predict this is what would happen???  I know I certainly had my suspicions...  

Sounds like they got a massive slice of luck on Saturday with having a Colchester player sent off after 20 mins.  

I can see them losing to Gillingham on Saturday but getting the necessary point the week after against Donny.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He did achieve the league cup semi didn't he? Got replaced between the round before and the semi. 

Agree with you, just like balance. 

Although having said that I might be misremembering. 

Clough came in between the 1st and 2nd leg of the semis from my memory.

He officially got the job just before the semi first leg. But sat and watched it from the stands.

Whoever was academy manager took the team for that one game only. Clough was then in charge for the loss at Old Trafford in the 2nd leg

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

He officially got the job just before the semi first leg. But sat and watched it from the stands.

Whoever was academy manager took the team for that one game only. Clough was then in charge for the loss at Old Trafford in the 2nd leg

Ah gotcha, knew I was misremembering. 

12 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Ah gotcha, knew I was misremembering. 

David Lowe managed the first leg 1-0 win

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Didn't a fare few people predict this is what would happen???  I know I certainly had my suspicions...  

Sounds like they got a massive slice of luck on Saturday with having a Colchester player sent off after 20 mins.  

I can see them losing to Gillingham on Saturday but getting the necessary point the week after against Donny.

Hope so and just need Walsall win tonight!

Moslyn 6 ,to some fans we appreciate what he did achieve at Derby,with a limited budget,and a lot of players on good contracts to move. on    ,,very good management, We move on Sam Rush and the new order fail,With a squad ,Built by Clough, And coached with Derby heroes,again we try,fail sack the lot,The board see daylight,AND Mel Morris.buys the club,

How much,,,,,now derby move into multi millionaires ,,row,EST.30,000000,on new players and contracts for-Bent-Baird-Pearce,,Millions spent on academy,And you think we have moved on,cost a bit this new phase,,,Oh clements sacked

Fans happy sure are,four and a half million spent in jan,not that we play them,8 million on the bench,six and a half million

Johnson.injured, against  shef wed                         , Oh another new coach for first team Wassall,And you have the nerve to criticise Clough,and the job he did

is a insult to Derby supporters,,Clough and Derby are  history,I still thank him for the job he did,.

And with the millions being spent by the club,I hope Mel finds the right formula

1 hour ago, trevor1946 said:

Moslyn 6 ,to some fans we appreciate what he did achieve at Derby,with a limited budget,and a lot of players on good contracts to move. on    ,,very good management, We move on Sam Rush and the new order fail,With a squad ,Built by Clough, And coached with Derby heroes,again we try,fail sack the lot,The board see daylight,AND Mel Morris.buys the club,

How much,,,,,now derby move into multi millionaires ,,row,EST.30,000000,on new players and contracts for-Bent-Baird-Pearce,,Millions spent on academy,And you think we have moved on,cost a bit this new phase,,,Oh clements sacked

Fans happy sure are,four and a half million spent in jan,not that we play them,8 million on the bench,six and a half million

Johnson.injured, against  shef wed                         , Oh another new coach for first team Wassall,And you have the nerve to criticise Clough,and the job he did

is a insult to Derby supporters,,Clough and Derby are  history,I still thank him for the job he did,.

And with the millions being spent by the club,I hope Mel finds the right formula

You really are a tedious drone, aren't you?

Archived