Nigel Clough/Burton Albion/Bris/Ronnie troll fest

Holdontightuk

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

The buffer they had from JFH? After 20 games  they were two points clear at the top, 6 points clear of third and 10 clear of 6th.

Where they are now?

After 44 games they're 3 points off top, behind a wigan side who had a 15m budget for league one. they're  6 points clear of third and 11 clear of 6th.

Playing like tosh? How many games have you seen? I've been to quite a few including all of the last 6. They are playing as well as they did under Jimmy at any point. They've got a first team squad of about 16, they weren't prolific before NC got there and they haven't been prolific under him either.

The issue I've got? fans who know nowt about their situation, fans who are literally waiting for him to fail, fans who said he would fail, fans who've written on this thread that he'd ruin Burton and that he'd kill their season. They were wrong.

Now they're scrambling around looking for any excuse to keep up their nastiness.

He's been in charge for 24 games and he's never had them out of the top 2. I understand that hurts a few of you but I don't understand why.

All I've got to go on are Burton fans who disagree with you whole heartedly :lol:

I just trust their opinion; I've nothing against lil' Clough.

They could be wrong, and if so so be it, but I'm going to continue to use their opinion as my own because I don't care about Burton at all, ergo will not do any research, but want to continue posting about NC :D 

Once he leaves to another club I don't care about, if I don't have any friends to adopt the opinions of, I won't have any. 

9 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

You're trying to tell me you and others don't have an axe to grind?

Blimey, I'd hate to see how you react to someone you've really taken an irrational dislike to.

it's equally as exasperating to read what was written about Wassall before a ball was even kicked under his stewardship! He's not had a transfer window either, yet people are slating him!

Personally, you know my feelings about Nigel Clough (and his coaching companions), but at least I gave him 40-50 games and a couple of transfer windows before raising my doubts!

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

it's equally as exasperating to read what was written about Wassall before a ball was even kicked under his stewardship! He's not had a transfer window either, yet people are slating him!

Personally, you know my feelings about Nigel Clough (and his coaching companions), but at least I gave him 40-50 games and a couple of transfer windows before raising my doubts!

Exasperating but funny surely Mostyn. When you see all that stick dished out, then you see how quickly they've had to change their mind now he's got the best win % of any Derby manager (probably ever?). I knew Wass quite well as a lad, still remember the day he told me he was leaving Forest just as Des had left and he was finally in place to become a first team regular.

I got a bit angry with him then and again for not leaving when NC was fired, he was part of NC's coaching companions, it was NC who brought him to the club and in my opinion the loyal thing to do would have been to have walked out when NC was pushed.

He's intelligent, he's positive, he works hard, he IS a great motivator, the only thing he lacked was first team managerial experience, yet that didn't stop some from blindly backing the no-hoper PE teacher when it was very clear he wasn't managerial material either.

Good luck to Wass, I think it's etiher him or Redknapp full time next season. I hope Mel gives him a full season, he could do a lot worse.

Maybe I should start a Wass out thread, you can guarantee there'd be a few of them change their mind then ;-)

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

All I've got to go on are Burton fans who disagree with you whole heartedly :lol:

I just trust their opinion; I've nothing against lil' Clough.

They could be wrong, and if so so be it, but I'm going to continue to use their opinion as my own because I don't care about Burton at all, ergo will not do any research, but want to continue posting about NC :D 

Once he leaves to another club I don't care about, if I don't have any friends to adopt the opinions of, I won't have any. 

Of course, I fully understand, I mean why let things like facts, figures or league positions get in the way of a baseless rant?

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Exasperating but funny surely Mostyn. When you see all that stick dished out, then you see how quickly they've had to change their mind now he's got the best win % of any Derby manager (probably ever?). I knew Wass quite well as a lad, still remember the day he told me he was leaving Forest just as Des had left and he was finally in place to become a first team regular.

I got a bit angry with him then and again for not leaving when NC was fired, he was part of NC's coaching companions, it was NC who brought him to the club and in my opinion the loyal thing to do would have been to have walked out when NC was pushed.

He's intelligent, he's positive, he works hard, he IS a great motivator, the only thing he lacked was first team managerial experience, yet that didn't stop some from blindly backing the no-hoper PE teacher when it was very clear he wasn't managerial material either.

Good luck to Wass, I think it's etiher him or Redknapp full time next season. I hope Mel gives him a full season, he could do a lot worse.

Maybe I should start a Wass out thread, you can guarantee there'd be a few of them change their mind then ;-)

I found it a bit 'delusions of grandeur" or something. Our fans acting like the type of fans we previously slate for treating their managers/players like sausage.

There is no guarantees anyone is going to be good or bad in the job, so to judge instantly is ludicrous in my opinion.

We met Wassall at the now legendary Breakfast Club, and he had something about him. 

If he gets hounded out, which could still happen, we will end up kicking ourselves as he will undoubtedly be a success somewhere else, whilst we scratch our heads as to why Fred Oldschool, with his 60 years in management, is struggling to motivate Tom Ince!

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Of course, I fully understand, I mean why let things like facts, figures or league positions get in the way of a baseless rant?

I didn't rant, you sir are the one ranting. 

So far you're the only person I've encountered who's suggested Burton haven't been playing worse under Clough, how a team is playing is subjective and not based on numbers. 

The Billy Davies Derby that went up through the playoffs at no point played in an entertaining way.

And as I've said, I have nothing against Clough, couldn't care less if he does well or badly. But he never played entertaining football here, why should I doubt the reports of many Burton fans that they're not playing entertaining football either?

7 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

He was hired to be a separate from anyone who was in charge of the first team, no matter what, to keep continuity. So I imagine they would have spoken about an eventuality where if Nigel was sacked he would stay.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I found it a bit 'delusions of grandeur" or something. Our fans acting like the type of fans we previously slate for treating their managers/players like sausage.

There is no guarantees anyone is going to be good or bad in the job, so to judge instantly is ludicrous in my opinion.

We met Wassall at the now legendary Breakfast Club, and he had something about him. 

If he gets hounded out, which could still happen, we will end up kicking ourselves as he will undoubtedly be a success somewhere else, whilst we scratch our heads as to why Fred Oldschool, with his 60 years in management, is struggling to motivate Tom Ince!

I don't think Wassall will get hounded out, EVEN on twitter - the mire of all that is wrist slashing nonsense, people seem to be coming 'round.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I didn't rant, you sir are the one ranting. 

So far you're the only person I've encountered who's suggested Burton haven't been playing worse under Clough, how a team is playing is subjective and not based on numbers. 

The Billy Davies Derby that went up through the playoffs at no point played in an entertaining way.

And as I've said, I have nothing against Clough, couldn't care less if he does well or badly. But he never played entertaining football here, why should I doubt the reports of many Burton fans that they're not playing entertaining football either?

Never?

There you go again.

How am I supposed to take the rest of you views on football seriously. You don't watch Burton Albion but you've got a strong enough opinion to know that they're playing worse under Clough.

I assume you DID watch Derby yet you've got a strong opinion that he never played entertaining football here either.

In both cases you're wrong. 

Just now, ronnieronalde said:

Never?

There you go again.

How am I supposed to take the rest of you views on football seriously. You don't watch Burton Albion but you've got a strong enough opinion to know that they're playing worse under Clough.

I assume you DID watch Derby yet you've got a strong opinion that he never played entertaining football here either.

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Yes, never.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

He was hired to be a separate from anyone who was in charge of the first team, no matter what, to keep continuity. So I imagine they would have spoken about an eventuality where if Nigel was sacked he would stay.

You're 100% right with that Rynny, I remember NC doing an interview where he wanted the academy ring fenced and he wanted parents of kids coming in to know that their kids wouldn't be faced with changes every two minutes.

Still didn't stop me from me questioning Wass's loyalty at the time.

The angriness didn't last long though. I like Wass, always did and always will, when you like someone you're more willing to forget little things. 

I hope he gets Derby promoted, would be fantastic for him (and of course for the club and fans) and a real eye opener for Mel I'd assume, just shows you don't need to shpunt money on coaches from Real or PSG to get you over the line.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Negative Nige has had Burton playing like a mid-table team over the past few months. Luckily for him, the other so-called challengers have all faltered allowing Burton to remain in the top two.

stoking%2Bfire.jpg

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

stoking%2Bfire.jpg

No need to worry on that one SRG.

Bris is the only one on the forum who I won't give the time of day to. He's been wrong too many times in the past for me to even worry about what he thinks. A legend in his own mind.

Still, no doubt he'll put up another useless set of predictions, get it wildly wrong, then blame someone else for misinterpreting what he wrote. He's never wrong, not on anything.

37 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Never?

There you go again.

Opinions based on people's opinion who do watch Burton and have season tickets. As is @Srg's. But it isn't the same as yours so it doesn't count.

He had a few games of entertaining football but in the most it was boring survival football.

So nice of you to let people know that their opinion is wrong and pretty much say they aren't allowed one.

Archived