Derby County v Huddersfield Town

Gritstone Ram

1 hour ago, sage said:

Shackell who slows down our play.

We need a a right footed at outside left. Someone who can shoot, pass and cross, You have a choice of Bent, Bryson, Weimann or Butterfield, Butterfield is by far the best option of those we have. It's not my fault we released Ward and Dawkins and bought crap replacements.

Russell still has been involved in more goals (goals + assists) than any other winger we have this season

How do you know Thorne is unfit?

Thorne, Brysona and Hendrick put 5 past Forest, scoring 4 between them and Johnson is also destroyong our fast tempo play.

Just because something is different, doesn't make it wrong. Please explain your selection and explain/justify any changes. 

I would play this team. 

Carson.  

Christie.       Keogh.  Shackell.   Olsson. 

Butterfield.  Hendrick    Johnson. 

Ince    Blackman  

Martin. 

Thats my team and its self explanatory.  

Ie more pace and support  around Martin and more competitive in midfield and defense.

More attacking threat than your team and more solid  

PS Thorne is the one slowing the play down because he isn't fully fit iMO  

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucko is on the front cover of and "the big interview" in The Ram. Is that a clue that Sir Jake will be in the starting 11?

I would like Camara to at least be in the squad as he gives us an option we don't otherwise have and, if on the bench, allows us to properly change things if they're not working.

Of the 12 games left, we need 6 wins to largely guarantee a playoff place (autos obviously long gone). It would be such a relief if this proves to be one of them. I shall be counting them down.

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Of the 12 games left, we need 6 wins to largely guarantee a playoff place (autos obviously long gone). It would be such a relief if this proves to be one of them. I shall be counting them down.

Looking at the table you could probably draw a line at 9th place and say the top six will come from there. I couldn't honestly say I'd fancy us to beat any of them over two legs apart from Ipswich, unless there's a big improvement soon.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Any idea how long we give it until we abuse the team. 

And do we boo if drawing at HT? Obviously I know we do at FT

Doesn't it start at 2 when the team is announced. It has become almost tradition in this house that when I shout fecking Russell and kick the armchair, the Mrs goes round the house making sure that all the clocks and timers are showing 14.00.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Doesn't it start at 2 when the team is announced. It has become almost tradition in this house that when I shout fecking Russell and kick the armchair, the Mrs goes round the house making sure that all the clocks and timers are showing 14.00.

You can't boo before the game! It'll ruin the silence!! 

The more I look at David Wagner the more he looks like a science teacher that will no doubt have the winning formula.

Wolves hurt me.

I can only see defeat, prove me wrong Derby.

Grant, Forsyth, Buxton, Keogh, Wisdom, Thorne, Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Martin, Ward today please.

Let's bring back the Mac magic and not the Where's Wassall's Wally's 

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

The more I look at David Wagner the more he looks like a science teacher that will no doubt have the winning formula.

Wolves hurt me.

I can only see defeat, prove me wrong Derby.

Grant, Forsyth, Buxton, Keogh, Wisdom, Thorne, Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Martin, Ward today please.

Let's bring back the Mac magic and not the Where's Wassall's Wally's 

No play this team Darren 

.       Carson 

Christie.   Keogh.  Shackell.   Olsson. 

Butterfield. Hendrick.  Johnson. 

Ince.   Blackman. 

Martin. 

Thats a winner. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

No play this team Darren 

.       Carson 

Christie.   Keogh.  Shackell.   Olsson. 

Butterfield. Hendrick.  Johnson. 

Ince.   Blackman. 

Martin. 

Thats a winner. 

I'm not Darren and if I was I wouldn't play Blackman

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Butterfield is not a winger.

no pace. No trickery. Has to be dragged upfield. Good player though when placed in the right position.

and if its the centre halfs fault that our attacks fail then something is seriously wrong.

Agree re ward and dawks and the failure to replace.

thorne is almost as crippled as terry hennessey was. Or steve powell. Or seth. Seems to have lost his ability to get about.

Hopefully he can recover.

Is Johnson a winger? Is he any faster than Butterfield? Do we play with a wingers or outside forwards?

He can beat a man and can certainly get half a yard to get a shot or cross in.

I wouldn't go into a season with him there, but tell me a better option with what he have? You wanted Ollson there ffs 

Carson

Keogh          Buxton       Shackell

Christie                                          Olsson

Thorne

Ince                    Butterfield 

Blackman  Martin

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I would tell Wassall not to play Blackman. 

Stay on topic!

Why don't you like Blackman he's done nothing wrong and did great against Brentford when he came on. 

Had a hand in the 2nd and 3rd goals along with Johnson for the 2nd which was Christie 1st ever Derby goal  

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

You can't boo before the game! It'll ruin the silence!! 

Have you ever considered writing professionally given your gift for wit and humour Alpha? And before you say it, I know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but I'm not in your league. 

Just now, curtains said:

Why don't you like Blackman. 

I'm harsh, it was a silly signing at the time with the formation we was playing, I'll never forgive him for signing on the dotted line until he scores a load of goals and becomes my favourite player.

Archived