• Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Roos,

Swawankambo, Pearce, Buxton, Warnock

Baird

Weimann Bunjaki Camara 

Bent Blackman

My only criticism......and its minor....

..is that you've only picked Baird once.

It will probably be

Carson

Christie - Keogh - Shackell - Olson

Hendrick - Thorne - Butterfield

Russell - Martin - Johnson

I would rather it be

Carson

Christie - Keogh  - Shackell - Olson 

Bryson - Thorne - Butterfield

Ince - Martin - Camara

Or if we really want to have some fun

Carson

Keogh - Shackell - Buxton

Christie - Bryson - Thorne - Butterfield - Olson

Martin - Bent

Our fullbacks aren't good enough to play 3-5-2.

If Russell gets started tomorrow (how on earth is he keeping his spot?) and we limp to another dire performance I'll be fascinated to see what happens by which I mean I'll completely stop looking forward to going to matches this season.

I've come to the conclusion that the wins over Brentford and Blackburn were simply just "trying harder" which ran out of steam at wolves.

If tomorrow there's not much sign of a team or a plan emerging (regardless of result) it's probably time to admit Wassall isn't going to get anywhere. Sure, we'll stick til the end of the season, but it's another couple of seasons rebuilding to undo this season in store for us. Yey.

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Our fullbacks aren't good enough to play 3-5-2.

If Russell gets started tomorrow (how on earth is he keeping his spot?) and we limp to another dire performance I'll be fascinated to see what happens by which I mean I'll completely stop looking forward to going to matches this season.

I agree about waning enthusiasm but now we have Olson I think our full backs attacking flair/ability has improved. Christie can supply dangerous crosses and Olson has youth and pace 

29 minutes ago, jono said:

can we have 442 with real wingers and 2 strikers please.  use the pitch and the passing skills that Butterfield and Thorne both have 

But we only have one winger in the squad - Camara and neither Clement or Wassall have shown enough confidence in him to give him a full 90 minutes in a meaningful match.

Also, you play 2 wingers (if we had 2) and 2 strikers then that leaves you with 2 midfielder so we'd see naff all of the ball. If you want to play 2 strikers then you need 4 midfielders, at least 2 of whom can go wide when necessary - Bryson (R) and Johnson (L) are capable of doing that.

If Russell has a starting place (again!!!) then I give up.

First time in ??? I'm not looking forward to a game.

It's not the football, players or manager that make me feel this way, it's knowing if we don't do well the atmosphere in the ground will be crap, with booing and insults flying around.

I don't mind it on here, it's the whole point of a forum to express different views, but at home recently it's becoming a chore, and I have enough of them to be getting on with thanks.

Wish I could sleep through the week, and wake up ready for Rotherham next Sat!

Not forgetting QPR, just not going!

I really can't begin to imagine how the crowd at the iPro will react should we fail to win with three points tomorrow. I feel sure we will win, but should we fail I feel our season will VERY nearly be over & we will slip out of the play offs in the coming weeks.

My BIG FEAR for Derby at the moment are threefold.

LACK OF CONFIDENCE

TOO MANY IMPORTANT PLAYERS NOT PERFORMING

A LACK FLUIDITY THROUGHOUT THE TEAM

But for all that we are still in a great position.

SO COME ON YOU RAMS

10 hours ago, curtains said:

Hell 

No Shackell.  

Butterfield on the left. 

Russell. 

Bryson and Hendrick as a 2 with unfit Thorne. 

Shackell who slows down our play.

We need a a right footed at outside left. Someone who can shoot, pass and cross, You have a choice of Bent, Bryson, Weimann or Butterfield, Butterfield is by far the best option of those we have. It's not my fault we released Ward and Dawkins and bought crap replacements.

Russell still has been involved in more goals (goals + assists) than any other winger we have this season

How do you know Thorne is unfit?

Thorne, Brysona and Hendrick put 5 past Forest, scoring 4 between them and Johnson is also destroyong our fast tempo play.

Just because something is different, doesn't make it wrong. Please explain your selection and explain/justify any changes. 

Butterfield is not a winger.

no pace. No trickery. Has to be dragged upfield. Good player though when placed in the right position.

and if its the centre halfs fault that our attacks fail then something is seriously wrong.

Agree re ward and dawks and the failure to replace.

thorne is almost as crippled as terry hennessey was. Or steve powell. Or seth. Seems to have lost his ability to get about.

Hopefully he can recover.

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

But we only have one winger in the squad - Camara and neither Clement or Wassall have shown enough confidence in him to give him a full 90 minutes in a meaningful match.

Also, you play 2 wingers (if we had 2) and 2 strikers then that leaves you with 2 midfielder so we'd see naff all of the ball. If you want to play 2 strikers then you need 4 midfielders, at least 2 of whom can go wide when necessary - Bryson (R) and Johnson (L) are capable of doing that.

If Russell has a starting place (again!!!) then I give up.

I know Wolfie .. You are right but I can dream .. Although having said that, the back 4 is better than it was so there is no reason why a CM duo shouldn't be able to get and keep the ball with some support from the wingers if needed.. Others do it so why couldn't Thorne and Butterfield or whoever out of our 6 + central midfielders ? .. Yes .. We need a right winger .. Was there ever a squad that had s many left sided players ????? 

Archived