Derby County v Huddersfield Town

Gritstone Ram

26 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Same with me. First time after the Wolves game I have not listened to a post match interview. I saw a 30 second clip of Wassall's and couldn't make it to the end of that.

I feel a bit for Martin. Service is pretty much non existant. He had the chance against Blackburn and the one against Wolves, but before that, hes not missing anything, because hes not getting any chances. I still think Martin is important to this team. But like you said the attacking players are all wrong. Russell, Weimann getting picked constantly iver Camara. Im not saying hes the answer. But why not give him a run in the side? Hendrick getting picked over Bryson? Thats a joke in itself. 

I get your point about Johnson, and he could have had 2 assists. He could have had a 3rd assist if you count the one where he played one of the worst attempts of a pass you will ever see which led to them hitting the post. 

Would like to see changes on Saturday because the side at the minute is not working. 

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Thorne (If not 100% fit then Hanson has to start) Butterfield, Bryson, Ince, Camara, Martin.

If Hendrick and Russell start this game then im done.

Agreed. I don't mind conceding that Martin can be a good player when you play to his strengths which for me boil down to his link up play and little clever flicks using both attacking mids, wingers and wingbacks. Unfortunately we don't have clever attacking mids at the present time nor do we have any real wingers, so we need a pacy skilled/powerful forward to score goals, not this dude - someone who can make magic by himself or at least get onto a ton of the chances.  I think this might be Zanzala, but it could be Bent or Blackman although the former's flaws have been well documented. 

Hendrick did have that one good game v Brentford by all accounts but I was disappointed we didn't sell him to Villa when we had the chance. Hopefully if we can settle in with Bryson (who I am convinced is carrying his medial ligament knee injury) and Hughes playing in front of Thorne, we should be okay in the middle. Then Fix the wings, and we only have one at this point, and that's Camara. Since we have no natural wingers apart from Camara then we should go 4-1-3-1-1 and play three midfielders in the middle in front of Thorne. 

And yep, the Johnson giveaway was bad. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Alright lads. I am back. I know I said I would be back in March when we were 2nd in the league. But since then Clement has gone and we have appointed a man who is so tactically inept it is quite embarrassing. 

I love this football club. I am one of the most positive fans out there. Always believe in us and what we can achieve. But right now I am getting to a point where I am losing interest. I hate that feeling. I love this club and I will continue to go and I will renew my season ticket, but to get to a point where you have lost interest is not a nice feeling.

Firstly Wassall. I cannot take this man anymore. I don't like it when he play poor. Nobody does. But I expect the manager of the football club to come out and say we werent at it today, that way we know that things will be worked on and improvements will be made. For him to come out after that MK Dons game and say he was delighted was the start of it for me. This club, these players, should not lose at home to a team like that. No point glossing over it. You want top 2/top 6 you do not lose at home to MK Dons. We were awful, to a man. Dont insult our intelligence by telling us otherwise. I would have more respect for the bloke if he said "that wasn't good enough today, but we'll work and we'll improve" 

I didnt go to Brentford. So cant say if we deserved to win or not. But we did and it was a good result. Then Blackburn at home. First half we played well. But 2nd half we were awful. If Blackburn had equalised, not one of us could have complained at all. Then Wolves. Well that game was their for the taking. They are a poor side, off form, struggling, not won at home for so long. To go there and play in that way was quiet frankly pathetic. 

Then Wassall comes out and says the players have been magnificent? No Darren, they have been utterly woeful. He was happy with 6 points. Im sorry, but those fixtures we had, to come out after and say you were happy with 6 points is a joke. Also said we deserved a point. No, we didnt. They won the game because they wanted it more and they didnt give the ball away.

The bloke is a joke, a shambles who's sole tactic to the players must be to go out and run. Because that is it. I can't see anything else.

I can't figure out why certain players get selected every week who are not performing and haven't all season.

I have had my say on Hendrick many times. That bloke is pathetic. I watch him and I watch the game pass him by. I watch a big strong midfielder fail to impose himself on any game he plays. I watch as he thinks he has got as long as he needs on the ball before giving it away countless times. He does have ability. But to be a top player you need to show this ability most weeks. He doesnt. He is nowhere near good enough. Bryson should be playing over him.

Johnny Russell- What a complete waste of time this bloke has become. Every week he starts and every week I am disappointed. So abject, so poor. No end product whatsoever. I do not understand why a player at this level cannot cross a ball. He along with Hendrick offers us nothing, nothing at all. How many times is Christie isolated? Everytime he comes forward. Russell isnt clever enough to make the runs.

Thorne. If Thorne is fit, he plays. Simple as that. But Saturday, he was nowhere near fit. The bloke could barely run. Why has the manager started him? Why not keep Hanson in if Thorne is that unfit? I don't get it.

Bradley Johnson- Enough is enough now with this bloke. £6 million and the bloke doesnt want to know. Why oh why is he playing left of a front 3? He isnt there. We have nothing at all out in the wide areas.

Weimann- Harsh as he doesnt start enough games, but hes a waste of money. I dont know what he does and what he brings to this team? Why cant Camara get a chance in this team? If he gets the to the byline once and puts a ball in the box, then he would have already done more than Russell for the most part of the season.

If Morris has watched these last 4 games since Wassall took over, how can he possibly be happy with what he is seeing? Not one fan out there is. Morris, is a fan. He cannot be happy with this, surely?

I am at the point now, where I cannot see any point in us finishing in the top 6. With Wassall in charge, can anyone see us beating any one of the current top 6? I can't.

Morris, if you're reading this. The time to act is now. A new, strong, manager would give these players a kick up the arse. They all need it. A new manager would give us a lift and impetus to take into the play offs.

There are managers out there now, available, that could turn this club around. Moyes, Pearson, Rodgers.

Please act, because you are making me lose interest in my football club.

I am with you 

Can not stand all the bull coming out DW mouth !!

Get rid and quick 

If wassell plays johnson on left wing sat im going to smash that radio up and throw it out window never mind go watch them again. He should be no were near the bench. No excuses he not had a good game in championship for a while. Hes only playing there coz his overpayed price tag as wassel been told to play him and others is that why hes boss a puppet for mel morris.

19 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Alright lads. I am back. I know I said I would be back in March when we were 2nd in the league. But since then Clement has gone and we have appointed a man who is so tactically inept it is quite embarrassing. 

I love this football club. I am one of the most positive fans out there. Always believe in us and what we can achieve. But right now I am getting to a point where I am losing interest. I hate that feeling. I love this club and I will continue to go and I will renew my season ticket, but to get to a point where you have lost interest is not a nice feeling.

Firstly Wassall. I cannot take this man anymore. I don't like it when he play poor. Nobody does. But I expect the manager of the football club to come out and say we werent at it today, that way we know that things will be worked on and improvements will be made. For him to come out after that MK Dons game and say he was delighted was the start of it for me. This club, these players, should not lose at home to a team like that. No point glossing over it. You want top 2/top 6 you do not lose at home to MK Dons. We were awful, to a man. Dont insult our intelligence by telling us otherwise. I would have more respect for the bloke if he said "that wasn't good enough today, but we'll work and we'll improve" 

I didnt go to Brentford. So cant say if we deserved to win or not. But we did and it was a good result. Then Blackburn at home. First half we played well. But 2nd half we were awful. If Blackburn had equalised, not one of us could have complained at all. Then Wolves. Well that game was their for the taking. They are a poor side, off form, struggling, not won at home for so long. To go there and play in that way was quiet frankly pathetic. 

Then Wassall comes out and says the players have been magnificent? No Darren, they have been utterly woeful. He was happy with 6 points. Im sorry, but those fixtures we had, to come out after and say you were happy with 6 points is a joke. Also said we deserved a point. No, we didnt. They won the game because they wanted it more and they didnt give the ball away.

The bloke is a joke, a shambles who's sole tactic to the players must be to go out and run. Because that is it. I can't see anything else.

I can't figure out why certain players get selected every week who are not performing and haven't all season.

I have had my say on Hendrick many times. That bloke is pathetic. I watch him and I watch the game pass him by. I watch a big strong midfielder fail to impose himself on any game he plays. I watch as he thinks he has got as long as he needs on the ball before giving it away countless times. He does have ability. But to be a top player you need to show this ability most weeks. He doesnt. He is nowhere near good enough. Bryson should be playing over him.

Johnny Russell- What a complete waste of time this bloke has become. Every week he starts and every week I am disappointed. So abject, so poor. No end product whatsoever. I do not understand why a player at this level cannot cross a ball. He along with Hendrick offers us nothing, nothing at all. How many times is Christie isolated? Everytime he comes forward. Russell isnt clever enough to make the runs.

Thorne. If Thorne is fit, he plays. Simple as that. But Saturday, he was nowhere near fit. The bloke could barely run. Why has the manager started him? Why not keep Hanson in if Thorne is that unfit? I don't get it.

Bradley Johnson- Enough is enough now with this bloke. £6 million and the bloke doesnt want to know. Why oh why is he playing left of a front 3? He isnt there. We have nothing at all out in the wide areas.

Weimann- Harsh as he doesnt start enough games, but hes a waste of money. I dont know what he does and what he brings to this team? Why cant Camara get a chance in this team? If he gets the to the byline once and puts a ball in the box, then he would have already done more than Russell for the most part of the season.

If Morris has watched these last 4 games since Wassall took over, how can he possibly be happy with what he is seeing? Not one fan out there is. Morris, is a fan. He cannot be happy with this, surely?

I am at the point now, where I cannot see any point in us finishing in the top 6. With Wassall in charge, can anyone see us beating any one of the current top 6? I can't.

Morris, if you're reading this. The time to act is now. A new, strong, manager would give these players a kick up the arse. They all need it. A new manager would give us a lift and impetus to take into the play offs.

There are managers out there now, available, that could turn this club around. Moyes, Pearson, Rodgers.

Please act, because you are making me lose interest in my football club.

With you all the way except far from losing interest I am fascinated by the transformation in the team.

i know we have brought in new players but the downturn in performance is staggering. The lack of thought and energy on Saturday was embarrassing from a side which could still get into the Premier League of English football.

if we played Leicester now we'd lose 10-0.

There has to be a big problem in the dressing room and I don't believe the players have respect for the current manager. 

I can understand MM losing patience with PC but replacing him with someone with less managerial experience defies logic.

The players look like they are sulking. 

They need direction and a bit of consistency, i.e. picking what's considered the best XI and sticking to it. 

A large number of people on here calling for Camara to start/be given more of a go, and I agree - he's looked encouraging when he's come on in games.

But he's played all of 0 minutes (zero) since Wassall took charge, and in Wassall's first and most recent games he's not even made the match day squad. 

Either he's injured, or Wassall doesn't rate him. If it's the latter, I think a lot of people on here will be unhappy..

Simple thing is,before every game the pundits keep saying Derby should do this, and Derby are favourites, and all this bow locks, well the simple truth is we are nothing special at the moment and are just as likely to lose as win, pretty average.

3 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

Simple thing is,before every game the pundits keep saying Derby should do this, and Derby are favourites, and all this bow locks, well the simple truth is we are nothing special at the moment and are just as likely to lose as win, pretty average.

What is not average is the sense of entitlement that some hold.

If Mel replaces Wassall with a manager, he is once again a liar.

If he leaves Wassall I'm there and we don't go up, he's wasted all our time and money with this season.

If we go up with Wassall, he has to appoint Wassall, who may not neccesarilly deserve a shot at the big time. I doubt many of us think he's ready for Championship management yet, let alone Premier League.

I enjoy how quickly this season has turned into a massive balls up.

I think we can get a win on saturday i would not mind seeing chris martin and camara up front as the young lad not been given a chance to play upfront. We need someone who can beat a player and give martin some service.

26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we can get a win on saturday i would not mind seeing chris martin and camara up front as the young lad not been given a chance to play upfront. We need someone who can beat a player and give martin some service.

Wassall doesn't rate Camara, that's obvious

Carson

Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson

Hanson

Bryson, Butterfield

Ince, Martin, Camara

Drop Johnson. Drop Thorne. Give Camara a chance. That left wing option is an area of concern - plenty of options (JR, Blackman, Weimann etc but none are really making any great claim on the position. I'd give Camara a chance, seeing as no one else is working out there so far.

Result will depend on whether we can get an early goal or not. If we do then I think we'll win comfortably. If we don't then it'll be a nervy odd-goal win or a draw. 

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Had him on the bench for the Wolves game, and we've given practically everyone else a chance and they've failed to stake a realistic claim. Think we're into the realms of 'nothing to lose' now so may as well try Camara. Can't really be any worse.

If we fall away further in the next few weeks and it becomes obvious than promotion just isn't going to happen then I'd start looking at which youngsters we could blood before the season's out.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

We need someone who can beat a player? time to get pearson in now then :)

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, philmycock said:

From what i have seen i dont either to be fair. All pace no end product. Might be unfair but can only make opinions based on what i have seen.

Archived