Derby County v Huddersfield Town

Gritstone Ram

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

From what i have seen i dont either to be fair. All pace no end product. Might be unfair but can only make opinions based on what i have seen.

It's unfair both ways, most of us weren't at Hartlepool and a couple of late sub appearances isn't enough for any fan to either say he's good or he's crap. He does, however, deserve a fair chance.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet I can predict the line up for Saturday, not the line up I want but this is the line up its likely to be in my eyes:

Carson

Christie        Keogh         Shackell       Olsson

Thorne

Hendrick   Butterfield

Ince                                  Johnson

Martin

I'd bet a lot of money that's what DW will select but needs to bench Johnson (will never happen), Hendrick and Thorne (only if unfit). 

What I'd like: Carson; Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Olsson; Hanson, Butterfield, Bryson; Ince, Camara, Martin.

What we'll see: Carson; Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson; Thorne, Butterfield, Hendrick; Russell, Johnson, Martin.

Just want some improvement in even the basic stuff. Is that really too much?

14 hours ago, plymouthram said:

We have 3 matches, Huddersfield, QPR and Rotherham all possible 3 points. We need to focus on attacking football in these matches because they can not match us in the scoring potential department.

Not sure why you or anyone thinks QPR is a possible three points. They have picked up recently, are at home and think its got trouble written all over this fixture. cant see beyond a big loss at the moment

What I'd play if I were the manager:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Hanson Thorne

Ince Butterfield Camara

Martin

What I think we'll see:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Thorne

Butterfield Johnson

Ince Martin Russell

28 minutes ago, Rams1884 said:

Not sure why you or anyone thinks QPR is a possible three points. They have picked up recently, are at home and think its got trouble written all over this fixture. cant see beyond a big loss at the moment

3 wins in the last 10. Of course its a possible 3 points.

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

From what i have seen i dont either to be fair. All pace no end product. Might be unfair but can only make opinions based on what i have seen.

He's decent from what I seen the games he played for us. 

2 hours ago, Rams1884 said:

Not sure why you or anyone thinks QPR is a possible three points.

Unless the rules of football have been changed and I haven't noticed, isn't any game a possible 3 points?

Bingo time 

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shacks, Olsson, Hanson, Buttercup, Bryson/Hendrick, Ince, Martin and Blackman

We've nailed down our consistant back 5, Thorne when fully fit is probably the main DM, Hughes will be the main CM alongside Bryson or Johnson imo.. we just need to find our main top 3, martin will be getting that it seems, and I'd just play Ince and Blackman now and just wait for them to fire.. if they ever do fire. 

90 minutes of frustration. 

Maybe a win. Maybe a loss. 

Given my ST ticket away for this one. Hope they come good and win by a cricket score, but personally I'm happier walking through dovedale than I am watching this lot. 

Actually find it depressing. 

17 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Given my ST ticket away for this one. Hope they come good and win by a cricket score, but personally I'm happier walking through dovedale than I am watching this lot. 

Best fans in the league

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

I got like this under Clough. I've missed 2 of the last 3 home games through illness and holiday so I'm not there yet - but I will be if we don't start passing the ball to each other in a meaningful way. Is that too much to ask???

5 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I got like this under Clough. I've missed 2 of the last 3 home games through illness and holiday so I'm not there yet - but I will be if we don't start passing the ball to each other in a meaningful way. Is that too much to ask???

In the end the blind faith isn't enough. I have travelled for years following derby and watching us getting battered. You don't mind if your players are crap but try their best. No shame in going down swinging to a better opponent, but going down with a whimper to a weaker side is unforgivable. 

25 minutes ago, Derbados said:

One things for sure, Bradley Johnson will be the first name on the team sheet! the man is undroppable. He could physically sit on the pitch and have a picnic for 90 minutes and he'd still start the next game! 

The worrying thing is he was undroppable with PC and now under DW. Pretty sure he had not had more than 2 consecutive games on the bench. The team cant carry him any longer, nevermind though he will have to give way to young Prince William soon though. :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, Derbados said:

One things for sure, Bradley Johnson will be the first name on the team sheet! the man is undroppable. He could physically sit on the pitch and have a picnic for 90 minutes and he'd still start the next game! 

Would anyone even notice if he did? To be fair in some games we would have been better off if he did just stay away from the ball

We played Huddersfield last weekend and even now I don't know how we managed to win.     If you're looking for a win in this one, best advice would be to have a promising start, pick up an early goal, let yourself be outplayed for virtually the whole second period, and take the three points.  :huh:

In so many words, if we can pick up a win over this opposition then I'd expect County to do well here.   That's no disrespect to yourselves or offense intended, just merely pointing out we're a very average team at the moment and got away with something last time out that many were in agreement, did not deserve.

Archived