Derby County v Huddersfield Town

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanson and Bryson getting game time in a winning game.  Martin scores after regaining his confidence on the race track.  JR scores after a dry period.  A clean sheet, no injuries and fewer calls for Wassall out for at least the next couple of days.  So. all good. 

Wassall is out of his depth. He didnt have a clue what to do during the huddersfield onslaught just after half time. Against a better team we would have got blown away. The players really got him out of that pickle. The decision to take off butterfield afirms that wassall isn't the right man to take us forward and deservably got booed for that.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wassall is out of his depth. He didnt have a clue what to do during the huddersfield onslaught just after half time. Against a better team we would have got blown away. The players really got him out of that pickle. The decision to take off butterfield afirms that wassall isn't the right man to take us forward and deservably got booed for that.

Try a positive post, you never know you might enjoy it.;)

Just now, I am Ram said:

Try a positive post, you never know you might enjoy it.;)

Yes we won but we should be aiming to play better. Since our aim is the play offs we have to play a lot better, against better opposition the game would have been over within 30 minutes 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm not Wassalls biggest fan, and whilst it wasn't the most cohesive performance, I think he got it right,taking butterfield off and putting Bryson in gave us extra engery that resulted in a goal.  We won so can't complain, and confidence will play a big part in the season, and this will lift us.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Huh?????

You must be on suicide watch when we lose after that tirade when we win(and well too)

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not Wassalls biggest fan, and whilst it wasn't the most cohesive performance, I think he got it right,taking butterfield off and putting Bryson in gave us extra engery that resulted in a goal.  We won so can't complain, and confidence will play a big part in the season, and this will lift us.

We brought Bryson on after the on slaught not during it. He risked it by hoping that we would get through it and in the play offs we would have conceded 2 or 3 easily. Whilst I agree that it was the right decision it bring Bryson on, it was completely the wrong decision to take Butterfield off who was our best midfielder, hence why he got booed

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes we won but we should be aiming to play better. Since our aim is the play offs we have to play a lot better, against better opposition the game would have been over within 30 minutes 

You're nearly there :)

Just now, mozza said:

i think you'll find it was Huddersfield fans booing when Butters got substituted , unless Derby fans were singing 'What a waste of money'

The huddersfield fans sung what a waste of money after butters had a shot that went wide in the first half. Many Derby fans booed Wassall's decision to take Butterfield off.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Furthermore, Hendrick was been winging it for weeks which is worrying as we continue to play him. No idea how he continues to play, bang average player league 1 standard at best

You do realise we won right?

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's the players job. Especially as they put themselves into the pickle. 

On what basis is Wasssll out of his depth? He's come in, brought a clear improvement in players' confidence and positivity. On top of that he has turned things around to get 3 wins when we couldn't see where the next win was coming from. 

I agree we were second to the ball quite a lot, and we were not very pretty. But can't you see some positive signs?

Just now, FunkyRam said:

You do realise we won right?

Yes we won but this team is miles off the team that were in the play offs a few years back and worryingly behind our play off rivals. Play this way in the play offs then we will get slaughtered. Huddersfield could have easily scored in the first few minutes when it deflected off Shackell I believe and nearly dipped in

Archived