I'd love to see......

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Ollson

Bryson Thorne Butterfield

Blackman Martin

Weimann

4-3-2-1

:D

emphasis on martin linking up playing closer to the midfield, weimann as the willing runner upfront creating space for everyone else and a tendency to play pretty football in the middle allowing time for our full backs to overlap :o. Blackman because ince has been *****, and no russell but have him as the n.1 sub :D

Any more 442 and we are doomed. 

Go back to all that we know 433

Carson

Christie Keogh shackell Olsson

Thorne

Butterfield      Bryson

Russell         Martin        Camara

Brentford are struggling a bit at the moment as well so what have we got to lose. Watch the tape when we played them at home IMO our best performance this season. Hit them hard from the off and pressure them high up the pitch and get your creative players passing the ball with tempo, play with Martin with the fowards and Bryson making runs beyond. What could possibly go wrong. 2-0 to Derby if we go down this route. 

There is nothing wrong with 442 or 433 .. We have top players for this league and enough of them to play either system effectively.

i couldn't give a xxxxx who starts and what the formation is .. Please can we win

At this point, playing well preferably with the ball on the floor for the majority of the time would be a bonus . 

25 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

It will be never be played and if we end up playing a 4-2-3-1 we will probably end up having Hendrick or Butterfield in the holding role for some reason.

Hendrick is a good footballer but by instinct and ability he is an attacking midfielder .. If he isn't around / close to or supporting the striker then he is probably out of position. Butters seems to have more all round abilities and to be more adaptable at least. Hanson seems to be able to play advanced or DM. 

43 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Olsson

Bryson Thorne

Wiemann     Ince        Russell              

Bent

I've just about given up on Bent, but if he does play it absolutely must be with Ince playing as a support striker. That is the only time Bent has looked good this season and, if I'm honest, it's one of very few occasions when Ince has looked good.

Carson

Christie      Keogh       Shackell     Olsson

Russell      Butterfield   Hendrick    Weimann

Blackman   Martin

F*** The Derby Way

12 hours ago, Anon said:

I've just about given up on Bent, but if he does play it absolutely must be with Ince playing as a support striker. That is the only time Bent has looked good this season and, if I'm honest, it's one of very few occasions when Ince has looked good.

Yes agree ... Because Ince has the football brains to see what Bent Is trying to do and plays the ball quick enough so Bent is off side less often or he uses the space that Bent creates for him. 

I strongly believe the missing element in team selection is not which players are picked but which pairings / trios of players are picked. Some players work well together some don't. That is no reflection on an individual ability.

Pineapple on Pizza does not work no matter how much you like either of them. 

Carson

Christie   Keogh   Shackell   Olsson

Ince      Bryson    Butterfield   Russell

Blackman  Martin

Last chance for Ince and Russell though, if no performance from either of them someone else has to be given a chance as they haven't produced for a while now. Blackman and Martin to be paired together. Lets see if we can strike a partnership up in the last few games of the season. We know Martin can score goals he is just on a very very bad run and Blackman is up there for goals this season in the league so put them together. None of this matters though without decent service, those crappy long balls from Shackell will not cut it. Camara on the bench for Weimann too, as we havn't seen enough of Camara to really have an opinion and Weimann's performances are the same every game no idea. I know people want 443 but I honestly think a Blackman/Martin partnership would work. 

On 13 February 2016 at 20:10, Anon said:

What about Bent's 20 minutes today, regardless of how Martin played, made you think he deserves a start next week? I mean, I love to see attacks break down due to an experienced forward being offside as much as the next fan, but what else is he bringing to the table?

I'm not really a Bent fan, Anon, but the boy can poach, is super strong in the air, and has some serious pace. He does venture offside at an alarming rate but his goals per minutes played must be close to if not the best of all our strikers. That 25 minutes was the most he's played since Bristol where he helped Ince carve open the defence with his running. But it was still only 25 and that hendrick shot would have been put in by Bent. He really deserves much more time and should start. If Wassall wants to put Zanzala (recall) or Blackman alongside him or instead of him you can make the case too. 

3 hours ago, jono said:

Yes agree ... Because Ince has the football brains to see what Bent Is trying to do and plays the ball quick enough so Bent is off side less often or he uses the space that Bent creates for him. 

I strongly believe the missing element in team selection is not which players are picked but which pairings / trios of players are picked. Some players work well together some don't. That is no reflection on an individual ability.

Pineapple on Pizza does not work no matter how much you like either of them. 

You get a like for that comment alone. 

28 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I'm not really a Bent fan, Anon, but the boy can poach, is super strong in the air, and has some serious pace. He does venture offside at an alarming rate but his goals per minutes played must be close to if not the best of all our strikers. That 25 minutes was the most he's played since Bristol where he helped Ince carve open the defence with his running. But it was still only 25 and that hendrick shot would have been put in by Bent. He really deserves much more time and should start. If Wassall wants to put Zanzala (recall) or Blackman alongside him or instead of him you can make the case too.

If you have invented a time machine I would rather you used it to fetch 1969 Dave Mackay or 1971 Kevin Hector instead of 2012 Darren Bent, which was the last time he displayed any meaningful pace. Aside from that I'd agree that he does at least deserve a chance in a team moulded to fit him rather than just shoving him the Martin role and watching him flounder.

Archived