Clement gone.

Rev

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'm like dog ***** the smell just won't go away. 

Seriously though I would miss you and the others  .

Hope we win Saturday but upset for Clement to be honest  

Dont know the facts though do we. 

No we don't. But its a sad end to all of our high hopes at the start of the season.

We thought we were getting the Real Madrid Clement.

Sadly it seems we got the Blackburn Rovers Clement.

Don't like the idea of "player power" either - that never ends well.

UTR!

Right decision,, knee jerk? I'd be amazed if Mel Morris has not reached this point by watching us fall apart as a team with negative poor performances getting worse , only the fact that we have some talented players capable of moments of individual magic have pulled our arse out the fire most of the season,, when I heard the team read out at Fulham I was stunned, yep stunned , decent bloke yes maybe,, manager though he most certainly is not, not at this point , yes Mel and Sam rush must take the blame for appointing him but I'm guessing they thought they were getting someone who was closer to be able to Manage a club like Derby than he is ,,, it was not working and more importantly showing less and less sign that it was going to work,. Saw a post earlier that sensibly stated that this is also a learning curve for Mel Morris and I'm willing to bet that melts learnt a bit from appointing clem, only time will tell , let's wait and see the next full time appointment as coach, going to be interesting to see players reaction v mk dons, I know I feel there's more hope of promotion with the sacking of clem than I had with him still in post,,, come on you Rams get out there and play the kind of football we've all seen you are capable of,, ps have Derby fans ever sang Clements name?

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

No we don't. But its a sad end to all of our high hopes at the start of the season.

We thought we were getting the Real Madrid Clement.

Sadly it seems we got the Blackburn Rovers Clement.

Don't like the idea of "player power" either - that never ends well.

UTR!

Thing is I like Mel Morris so I'm hoping DCFC can be stronger in the end for the Fans. 

Mel must have his reasons and it's not been easy for him I'm sure. 

19 minutes ago, wiseram said:

I think the problem with PC was his attempt to instil a style of play that needed a "La Liga"  quality to carry off

The players we have are of a good quality and probably a couple approaching premiership class - but don't have the required reading of the game / maturity and football nous to perform the PC style.

We do have a squad of top class championship class and partly premier potential to produce a flowing attacking team in our division. PC should have worked with the ability / skill he had to hand and not tried to create possession machine etc....

its a plausible shout.

But he had spent time in the championship (albeit not much). You'd think he might have an inkling of the sort of quality he was going to find.

If PC was having his head turned by a number 2 position at any club then it would certainly demonstrate his credentials to be a head coach.

Can't see this being anything similar to the SMc situation. There was a better job on offer in that situation.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

There are going to be so many posters looking back in embarrassment in a few weeks when they reflect on their reaction to the owners decision. Mel is a lifelong Rams fan, he will take us into the Premier and keep us there. 

Football is about entertaining the fans, and recently you could have had more excitement at a funeral.

Well done Mel excellent decision although about 2 weeks late.

Mel aint the f*cking manager.

You've got all this confidence in the u21 gaffer to lead us to promotion, why?

If Mels got a replacement lined up then I dont hate the decision too much.

Swapping Clement for Wassall until the end of the season is dumb.

11 minutes ago, EastKentRam said:

Mel aint the f*cking manager.

You've got all this confidence in the u21 gaffer to lead us to promotion, why?

If Mels got a replacement lined up then I dont hate the decision too much.

Swapping Clement for Wassall until the end of the season is dumb.

Watch and wait my friend.. #nitk

Archived