POLL: Clement's position

Mostyn6

Your current mindset towards Paul Clement  

307 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing for me is that we've been quite average whole season - I was talking with work colleagues this morning as they were asking how we've come to being playing so badly. I don't think we were ever playing that well, solid at the back yes but as soon as teams learnt just to sit behind the ball....

BTW, how the f**k does your left back see so much of the ball. Tells you where all the action was

The team has hardly clicked all season other than against Wolves and Bristol city we haven't looked convincing ,only hard to beat up until recently.

A lot of signings haven't improved the quality of the team ,other than Shacks Carson Butterfield Bent and Johnson.

Bent and Wienmann not given a fair crack of the whip and I don't understand the lack of involvement of these two players when we can nt score goals,Ince  def plays better when bents involved.Dispite the poor form of individual players the whole cohesion of the team appears to be in disarray and all of this is down to .

Poor morale

Incorrect tacticts

Players playing out of position

Poor team selection

Inabilty to change ,identify game changes iether with substitute s or. tactics.

All of this is down to management and coaching .

OK a lot of changes since McLaren ,adjustment time perhaps required but with the depth in squad and quality of squad performances through out the season should be better irrespective of results.Time for PC to admit his philosophy won't work and review game plans and football ideology ,when some things broken it needs fixing or changing ,and let's hope he addresses this now! Before he getsd changed.Think he is a good bloke and could do well for us but needs to be more flexible in his approach ,finding it hard to blame the players for this poor run of form dispute the medeocre performances.

Five more games should show his managerial abilities and be given the full season to prove himself

There is something amiss in the dressing room. Players were agravated with each other last night and at the Reading game.

there is trouble at mill. Who why what ? We will never know ...They need some serious team building and air clearing. We don't have many PL class players but we have enough to brush aside PNE no matter what flipping formation we play. So something is up 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

There is something amiss in the dressing room. Players were agravated with each other last night and at the Reading game.

there is trouble at mill. Who why what ? We will never know ...They need some serious team building and air clearing. We don't have many PL class players but we have enough to brush aside PNE no matter what flipping formation we play. So something is up 

Agree - but would extend this up and down the structure. One of the first things I do when moving into an organisation is get really clear on who is doing what, when. If it is abundantly clear and unambiguous to those inside the organisation then the chances are it is clear to those on the outside.

The fact that we have endless debates about who brought in what player, the roles of individuals, the hand-offs between Mel and Paul, plus whether Paul Clement is a manager or head coach (and what the diffference is) strikes me that the whole edifice that is DCFC is confused and disorganised, which is a recipe for disaster.

This would not be solved by simply replacing Paul Clement. Hence he should be retained for as long as necessary to sort this whole shambles out.

If he is saying that he wants a playing style that is based on quick intelligent players releasing forward passes where they see runs, or turning back to retain possession if not then he has to ensure his recruitment team lines up intelligent visionary players who are able to do that. Not a mish mash of wingers, tacklers, blockers and lord knows what else.

I've voted to keep him but from here on in i want some changes too personal and formation, i want too see a clear plan(his plan) of how we are going to play positive football going forward because at the moment it's clearly not working. I will change my opinion very quickly if he persists with A- 3 holding midfielders at home B- Blackman on the left wing.

26 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not far off 50% think he deserves the full season.

Goes to show it's the disguntled minority that make the most noise.

Personally I voted end of season, but then again I don't see this season as the "do or die" season a lot of people seem to think it is.

I voted for ask in 5 games, because while I do think he should be given the full season my opinion on that could change after five games :p 

We'd have to do god awful in them though. 

Would some people still be calling for PC to be sacked if this had been our highest league position so far i.e. if we'd slowly have climbed the table since August to where we are now?.

I think not. We'd all be saying let's see what happens for the rest of the season.........

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not sure where resources should come into it. It's part of buying into the media hype. Spend, spend, spend then we'll be good. And if we aren't immediately, get a new manager in. Then spend some more. Then get a new manager.

As we've seen ourselves in the past, resources are far from any guarantee of success. In fact, you could argue that it makes things harder, at least at first.

We also have little or no idea of who is responsible for the player purchases. Did Clement demand we bring in Bent and Weimann or did he have zero impact here. Chris Evans has left of course.

Everyone was loving BJ when he arrived and now he is hated.  If he is actaully a poor player, we were all fooled too.

When BJ and Butters joined, our midfield was full of injuries. Now everyone is nearly fit again, we don't know the best team. How could it be any other way? We need to try different options, it called building a team. Some will fail. But at the same time, any dropped points is a disaster.

I don't really know how to reply to your first paragraph. To suggest that expecting better results for a higher outlay is due to media hype is such a bald faced denial of logic that I don't know how to proceed.

I agree with everything else you say. If we are running a model where the manager doesn't pick the signings then we're headed for disaster, regardless of who is in the hotseat.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Would some people still be calling for PC to be sacked if this had been our highest league position so far i.e. if we'd slowly have climbed the table since August to where we are now?.

I think not. We'd all be saying let's see what happens for the rest of the season.........

But that isn't what has happened!...we got ourselves into a good position without really playing that well. We are currently on a slightly alarming  slide...and players are underperforming, the tempo is very slow...and there is a bit of 'groundhog day' about the matches that is frustrating.

That said I wouldn't be looking to replace him.

Stay.

He's managed barely over 30 games in his career. 

Happy to wait while he finds his way a bit. 

Yes, it's a bit too negative and if we keep hearing about "clean sheets" and "being hard to beat" then i'll want him gone. 

I hate any team that aims to keep the opposition out as a priority. That includes Boro and teams that are succesful at it. Horrible life sucking mentality. 

But everything is new to him. Chill

I would be extremely disappointed if Mel wields the axe....

That would be 2 managers in 8 months if that was the case and what some on here want.... We used to laugh at Forest and Leeds for doing the same and laugh at "crazy" owners.... All hypothetical at moment as Clement is still here. But some fans want that.

When Mac first left, I was extremely disappointed in him going.... We don't really know the ins/outs of what happened with Newcastle contary to what we debated to death on here and various other platforms.... 

I was worried about the speed and change we made when we first appointed Clement and how quickly we were signing players left right and centre. I mentioned this on numerous occasions... I also mentioned to many fans "be careful what you wish for"

I was prepared however to support my club and see how it all panned out... It was going to take time for us to get settled again. And I'm still very happy Clement is still here.

Now 8 months down the line we have people wanting him out.... One winless month and we are firing shots at him. I maybe not the biggest Clement fan and I've criticised at times what he's done so far this season.... But give the guy time... I can understand if this was end of the season and we've managed to come 11th place winning and losing same amount of games.... But we're still well in the promotion race despite some poor games recently.

Problem I've got is the I want mentality of us lot... We're so fickle its unbelievable. I imagine we can bring up any number of threads in past few months praising what Clement et al have done... 

This may sound like a B4 rallying call but time has come to really get behind everyone connected to the club instead of squabbling over little stats proving they are right, arguing which stand in the ground should start singing.... And quite frankly stop being spoilt little brats every time something goes wrong, which quite frankly, has been the exception rather the norm this season.

Time to grow a pair Rams fans and tough it out...

Or we can always chuck Clement and end up back where we started again and take time to settle yet again... 

Over to you.. The fans... And most importantly Mel.... Do the right thing... And keep Paul.

Archived