POLL: Clement's position

Mostyn6

Your current mindset towards Paul Clement  

307 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I voted 'end of the season' because i believe a club should make that minimum commitment at the start of the season.

we're in a slump. The kind of slump that happens during the course of a season. But we didn't lose to Preston, just as we didn't lose to Reading. We're still limping along, picking up points.

and i'm not bothered about promotion.

i do want to see some better football, some goals, and some happy players.

its been a poor month. Poor transfers. The manager is starting to look devoid of ideas and is making silly comments that will ultimately only further erode his support. But nonetheless......

end of season as things stand.....then assess where we are going.

ancelotti will be hiring new assistants to go with him to bayern munich. I wouldn't bet against PC jumping ship.

Hmm Wise words , you have convinced me that end of the season is the correct choice especially the joining up with Ancelotti , could be a way for all parties to save face and save money.

Well well old moslyn 6 leading the pack braying for blood again ,first Clough then Maclaren,now poor old Clement.just 6 month into his job,feed the innocent to the wolves,Have ram fans fallen for the Head coach system already.

You will love it ,always a scape goat,

You can only work with what you've got

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

I would be extremely disappointed if Mel wields the axe....

That would be 2 managers in 8 months if that was the case and what some on here want.... We used to laugh at Forest and Leeds for doing the same and laugh at "crazy" owners.... All hypothetical at moment as Clement is still here. But some fans want that.

When Mac first left, I was extremely disappointed in him going.... We don't really know the ins/outs of what happened with Newcastle contary to what we debated to death on here and various other platforms.... 

I was worried about the speed and change we made when we first appointed Clement and how quickly we were signing players left right and centre. I mentioned this on numerous occasions... I also mentioned to many fans "be careful what you wish for"

I was prepared however to support my club and see how it all panned out... It was going to take time for us to get settled again. And I'm still very happy Clement is still here.

Now 8 months down the line we have people wanting him out.... One winless month and we are firing shots at him. I maybe not the biggest Clement fan and I've criticised at times what he's done so far this season.... But give the guy time... I can understand if this was end of the season and we've managed to come 11th place winning and losing same amount of games.... But we're still well in the promotion race despite some poor games recently.

Problem I've got is the I want mentality of us lot... We're so fickle its unbelievable. I imagine we can bring up any number of threads in past few months praising what Clement et al have done... 

This may sound like a B4 rallying call but time has come to really get behind everyone connected to the club instead of squabbling over little stats proving they are right, arguing which stand in the ground should start singing.... And quite frankly stop being spoilt little brats every time something goes wrong, which quite frankly, has been the exception rather the norm this season.

Time to grow a pair Rams fans and tough it out...

Or we can always chuck Clement and end up back where we started again and take time to settle yet again... 

Over to you.. The fans... And most importantly Mel.... Do the right thing... And keep Paul.

Potential to be post of the year

Tell you what,  after McClaren's 50+% win ratio and entertaining football and Clement's 5 defeats in 30 I find myself wondering who the "Clement Out" folks want to take over and what they'd have to do to keep you happy. 

The answer is play amazing football, score loads, look defensively solid, win more than 50% of his games, give great interviews, not allow knobbers on twitter to make up silly stories, be consistent in team selection but rotate the squad, be unpredictable to play against by using an ever changing formation and not allow any players to become unhappy. Somebody who will drill Keogh how to tackle Andre Gray. Oh, and win the league by about February 3rd. 

We need a shortlist. So far I've got..

fooking nobody in the galaxy and Sean Dyche who did awesome with Watford and only got relegated easily from the PL because of bad luck. 

Forgot Tim. He got Spurs in the Champions League. Well, he didn't but he said he would have. 

I went option 3. I'm not demanding promotion this year partly because I don't think our most recent purchases were bought with the Premier League in mind, at least I hope they weren't, as I don't believe either of them will/could cut it there. 

Give him enough rope, alternatively give him the opportunity to see the error of his ways and do something about it, I favour the latter as he's a likeable bloke and I would like him to be successful.

Stop the fook faffing about and give us some fast passing, penetrating, entertaining, match winning football and it'll be happy days.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

More fans sure, but still not the majority imo. We aren't entitled to success, I think there have been mistakes made by Derby (the club as a whole) that could mean we don't get promoted in a season when we had a good chance of achieving it, but that doesn't mean it can't be rectified with the same team. 

I'm not talking about you here, CHC, but a lot of fans seemed to have this impression that this was going to be an easy ride for the foreseeable future and that success was a given. Which is just simply a delusion, regardless of money spent.

Don't get me wrong, I am not happy with the performances, I want them to improve sooner rather than later but Clement is my favourite head coach in a long time at Derby (personality wise) and I'd really like to see the time given for him to try and sort this out. 

If we don't get promoted this season, just take some consolation in the fact that we'll be playing yet another season where we're one of the best teams in the league instead of (more than likely) getting abused by prem sides. 

We'll get to the prem soon enough.

As a supporter you want the best. We don't have any given right to be anywhere near the top 6 but come on, spending what we have should have made us better and we are not better than anytime in the last 3-4 years.

Our spending is on par with the division we are in with the likes of Manchester City in the Prem so I feel the football we play should resemble this.

Clement does seem a nice guy and I'm sure he is, we don't want a nice guy who doesn't show results though, we just need a guy that gets the team playing whether he is nice or nasty.

What do you think Boro fans would be like if they fell into the play offs now. How would Leicester feel if they didn't make Europe. 

Our expectations are higher now than I can remember so to play the football we are doing is annoying which will be like to majority after Saturdays game if we don't come away with a win and also fall out of the play offs. 

I voted he should be here until the end of the season at least. Not that we owe Clement anything but I think he at least deserves a season to prove himself. Judging by where we finish at the end of the season we can then decide whether or not to stick with PC. 

If we sack him before the end of the season I think it just makes us look a complete joke.

All is not good but all is not lost. We shouldn't be written off or write ourselves off yet. End of Jan 2015 Watford were in 6th place 7 points off top two, Norwich were sat in 8th.

I voted 5 games before we make any rash decisions. I think Clement will turn it around. We have a "winnable" run of games, if we pick up three points Saturday hopefully that's the confidence boost we are crying out for.

1 hour ago, trevor1946 said:

Well well old moslyn 6 leading the pack braying for blood again ,first Clough then Maclaren,now poor old Clement.just 6 month into his job,feed the innocent to the wolves,Have ram fans fallen for the Head coach system already.

The only blood I'm baying for is yours you senile old fart for making accusations up about me. Everyone here who hasn't lost their marbles yet knows i was fully behind McClaren until the bitter end and still resent the way he was hounded out! Same with Clement, but I would like him to be more positive, as for Clough, he had a better chance than Phil Brown but didn't do much better, so I'll admit to wanting him gone. 

The whole point of this thread is to show people that 50 percent of people here do not want him to lose his job this season, and only the minority want him gone now. If you had your wits about you and you support Clement, you'd actually realise it has been quite a clever thread. The silent majority have spoken. 

1 hour ago, trevor1946 said:

Mostyn didn't 'lead the pack' - he just started the thread and poll. Asking a question doesn't necessary signify any affirmation.

Far too early to think about getting rid of him. Yes he looks like an undertaker and seems to have undergone a personality bypass operation but we really need to stick with him for this season at least

As tempting as it is to get rid because he cant see the problem that some of us can we need stability.

It is his first job as no.1 and he will be learning. I said if he gets us up within 2 seasons i would be happy so i think we need to give him that time to fail or succeed.

Archived