POLL: Clement's position

Mostyn6

Your current mindset towards Paul Clement  

307 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I'm not happy with our form with so much money spent on quantity and not quality. What's annoying is that we have brought in all those players and are still experimenting with tactics and formations. 

I think the fault lies with the expectations laid out from the manager and chairman. Had they said this is a rebuilding year no one would be on their backs. 

I still think our best team is made up of clough players. 

I think more time is needed for PC top get his team. But I highly doubt we'll go up this season if we carry on looking like we don't have a clue. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Well all I can say Mostyn is if you want him out fair enough .

who said I wanted him out? 

BUT, your stance is actually turning me against him a little. Your refusal to criticise what deserves criticising appears to be inciting me to pick greater fault.

@curtains I'd suggest that if you want to see Clement stick around long enough to succeed, you should stop rocking the fence that many of us are sitting on, cos if you force us off the fence, there's no guarantee which side of it we will drop down on to.

Just for you information, I voted for "ask me in 5 games".

I think we should get rid. Then we can become a real laughing stock. Getting rid of a manager who was top of league 6 games ago. We could then get a new one in, but get rid again if we have a bad run until the end of the season. That's the way you have success in football.

Has it always been this way, or are we now stupid enough to copy the sort of dire pundity served up on the likes of sky, motd and most 'news'papers. The media are only after one thing...a story...so are always demanding change.

Maybe we should play dumb and forget our heads are continually being bombarded with garbage. Then we could support the team and help them get out of this sticky patch. It's fine margains that make a team click and play well. It could be us.

17 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

To be honest I'm not happy with our form with so much money spent on quantity and not quality. What's annoying is that we have brought in all those players and are still experimenting with tactics and formations. 

I think the fault lies with the expectations laid out from the manager and chairman. Had they said this is a rebuilding year no one would be on their backs. 

I still think our best team is made up of clough players. 

I think more time is needed for PC top get his team. But I highly doubt we'll go up this season if we carry on looking like we don't have a clue. 

Yes and as Steve Nicholson said, we are 6 months in and he still doesn't know what his best team or formation is. That's a bit worrying. 

22 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think we should get rid. Then we can become a real laughing stock. Getting rid of a manager who was top of league 6 games ago. We could then get a new one in, but get rid again if we have a bad run until the end of the season. That's the way you have success in football.

I think Clement should get the full season, but your post doesn't take in to account the massive resources Clement has had at his disposal. Clough got sacked for being mid-table on a shoestring. McClaren got sacked for finishing 8th with a competitive championship budget. Why should Clement's position not be in question when he's spent more than anyone else in the division?

I want him to do well, but what is being served up all season, winning or not has been very disappointing made worse by lots of money probably being wasted on overpaying for some very average people who hardly help.

we have a run of winnable games on paper how we do in that run and season ticket sales will dictate if he takes us into next season and my gut feeling is that he won't 

It is a difficult question to be fair.

Is it all his fault that some of the players are under perfoming, no.

But part of the fault is his.

Is it all his fault that those we have brought in dont seem to fit, no.

But part of it is.

Is it all his fault that some of the fall of the ball doesnt seem to go our way, no.

But part of it is (formation and positioning goes a long way to dictate whos near that second and third ball)

So, not all his fault, but he has to take share of the blame.

Can he turn it around?

ask me in 5 games.

I usually try and stay positive but I probably favour him leaving now. The football has become painful to watch, we're slow, predictable, boring and look devoid of any confidence. Clement seems like a very decent chap, but he takes too long to drop players out of form, quite often takes too long to make subs when we're crying out for one and his fetish for defensive football is so bloody annoying.

The one thing I remain positive about is that he said something to spark the players after the first five games, so I remain optimistic that he can do the same again now. Maybe the return of Hughes will help us get our creative spark back, who knows.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I think Clement should get the full season, but your post doesn't take in to account the massive resources Clement has had at his disposal. Clough got sacked for being mid-table on a shoestring. McClaren got sacked for finishing 8th with a competitive championship budget. Why should Clement's position not be in question when he's spent more than anyone else in the division?

Not sure where resources should come into it. It's part of buying into the media hype. Spend, spend, spend then we'll be good. And if we aren't immediately, get a new manager in. Then spend some more. Then get a new manager.

As we've seen ourselves in the past, resources are far from any guarantee of success. In fact, you could argue that it makes things harder, at least at first.

We also have little or no idea of who is responsible for the player purchases. Did Clement demand we bring in Bent and Weimann or did he have zero impact here. Chris Evans has left of course.

Everyone was loving BJ when he arrived and now he is hated.  If he is actaully a poor player, we were all fooled too.

When BJ and Butters joined, our midfield was full of injuries. Now everyone is nearly fit again, we don't know the best team. How could it be any other way? We need to try different options, it called building a team. Some will fail. But at the same time, any dropped points is a disaster. 

Archived