Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Maybe 4-4-2 would be the better option now it appears Thorne is out injured. 

Perhaps time for Johnson to play on the left of 4 in midfield.

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Olsson

Russell Bryson Butterfield Johnson

Ince Martin

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Fulham or anyone else would run straight through the centre of that midfield. No tackling ability at all.

Personally i wouldn't play 4-4-2 for the reasons stated. Our possession and goals against record with 2 in midfield is shocking. 

All these numbers, formations, football is a game about maths.

It's all in the maths. Darren Bent was subbed off in this game last season, in February, at 64mins, we lost 2-0. 64 divided by 2 equals 32. Happy Birthday?

So according to my maths if he plays the full 90, plus 6 mins injury time, we'll loose 3-0!

And if Tom Ince plays also, well make it a 4-0 defeat for good measure!

Maybe our faster style of more direct football was effected when we signed these boys.

Game of Countdown anyone?

Our solution to moving the ball quickly and getting players forward is to push wingers further back, play 2 midfielders when we have arguably the best DM in the league and at least 2 midfielders who are good in the final third and poor in the build up. 

Shall we get crosses in too? 

Get it in the mixer?

Whip it in?

If in doubt kick it out?

Down the line?

Look for the flick on? 

Hit the byline?

And all the other classic kick and rush stuff that has kept us in the stone ages? stopped England ever winning anything and has lead to the PL being full of foreign managers and players. 

I remember a 442 with Bryson and Hendrick chasing shadows every week.

19 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just want to post a couple of questions for everyone. 

Hypothetically if we lose today:-

1. Will we sack Paul Clement?

2. Would you want him sacked?

Nah, think he'll get the whole season and into next season providing we finish in the top 8 or so

If we don't pick up performances soon then i'll not be too arsed either way. Still patient with him atm. 

What about you?

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nah, think he'll get the whole season and into next season providing we finish in the top 8 or so

If we don't pick up performances soon then i'll not be too arsed either way. Still patient with him atm. 

What about you?

Its a strange one. 

I think it depends. If we get beat after playing awful without having a shot on target then I think Clement could be in trouble. 

Im the same as you. Ive defended him quite a bit. Quite happy if he stays. But not bothered if he went. 

I want to see him turn it around. I think he can. We just need that win. 

Archived