Fulham v Derby County

Chris Mills

Trouble is now by bringing Bent Bryson or whoever in they haven't had the game time, even changing formations needs time. I expect they have been doing tactics during  the week with Thorne included, so  last minute changes wont help us. I would like to see though Bent and Blackman up front given a go in a 442 formation I would go for.

Carson

Christie           shacks                                Keogh           Olson

Ince                 Bryson                                 Butterfield     Johnson

Bent                                    Blackman

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Olsson has been bought as cover for Warnock,so unless he is unfit Warnock

will start,because he is the better defender.Especially with Thorne out,we need our

strongest defence. We have no cover for Thorne,never have,we will miss him,we

always do.

do we?

he's become fairly peripheral. Not sure his absense will make much difference.

unfortunately.

58 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its a strange one. 

I think it depends. If we get beat after playing awful without having a shot on target then I think Clement could be in trouble. 

Im the same as you. Ive defended him quite a bit. Quite happy if he stays. But not bothered if he went. 

I want to see him turn it around. I think he can. We just need that win. 

Whenever I see shot on target it makes me think that it is a pointless thing to criticise. You could hit the post or crossbar 10 times in the match or it go wide by a couple of mm and it is off target, yet if you have 20 shots from 40 yards that roll to the keeper and are on target. It is such a distorted statistic. I know which 2 of the scenarios I would prefer (if we failed to score that is)

14 minutes ago, rynny said:

Whenever I see shot on target it makes me think that it is a pointless thing to criticise. You could hit the post or crossbar 10 times in the match or it go wide by a couple of mm and it is off target, yet if you have 20 shots from 40 yards that roll to the keeper and are on target. It is such a distorted statistic. I know which 2 of the scenarios I would prefer (if we failed to score that is)

It wasnt a distorted statistic on Tuesday night. 

Afternoon  everyone. Hope all our traveling  supporters to and from Fulham get there and back safe and sound. Great turn out for the game. Not bothered  what formation  we play. Don't  care who clement  picks. I do care that we pick up three points and get ourselves back in the race. C.O.Y.R 

Pc has to show some tactical and formational nouse today,

We all want to see a more positive offensive up tempo performance,with the team jelling and working together as a unit.If we can achieve that today irrespective of the result i would pleased ..and surprised if we did not to take something from the game.

If no changes are evident in performance levels today, i believe initial plans to replace Pc may be instrumented for his replacement at the end of the season.Mels probably passed Pc a rope he can choose to use it to hang himself by not changing things around or use it to pull himself and the team out of this mire.Lets see what happens ,am optimistic.

The guy deserves the chance to change things ,put things right and if that costs us promotion this year ,so be it.

I personally think the rott will stop and we will qualify for play offs,Their on as good a chance to get promoted as. anyone.

Sure every one feling the pressure today so lets get behind the lads whatever the team,formation,tactics.

27 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It wasnt a distorted statistic on Tuesday night. 

Maybe so, but I was talking in general. Also we still had shots that were blocked that would have been on target, Bryson probably had the best chance of the game that looked to be deflected wide.

31 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Train just called at Wembley Central. Will I be back here at the end of May?

(No, I stupidly booked to go on holiday on the bank holiday Saturday. Unless playoffs are moved forward cos of Euros. Might be worth starting to book hotels now.)

The Championship Play off final has already been moved to the Saturday 28/05/16 from the bank holiday Monday because of the Euro's.

Tactics, formation, all largely a sideshow. What we need today is 11 blokes giving everything, winning their battles and playing for their manager.

I desperately want a win today to be the start of the road back. Fulham will play football and give us a chance to do the same...but I half expect us to be limp and get turned over by the better side.

Fingers crossed Clement can get them motivated for this, although that shouldn't be difficult.

Archived