Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

For such a well run club it's a shame that all this has come out but i dare say it happens at lots of other clubs too, after all they are workplaces the same as any other and football isn't immune to a bollocking from the boss.

I'm glad Clement and the club addressed the rumours as quickly as they did, hopefully move on from it now. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Got to say I'm totally confused by all this, who would want to go to Dubai? I would send them all there as punishment for the Reading game.

You can't take any with you, Jamie Hanson couldn't even have a pint, the rest of the squad need a licence to even have one in the hotel room, no getting your end away unless you get married first and you're not even allowed to cross dress!

Not to mention it's too hot to even go out and if you get claustrophobic in lifts you're screwed as everything is on floor 250 up in the clouds.

You can legally get a drink in any hotel bar / restaurant in Dubai, getting your end away on a beach is a tad frowned upon and will see you locked up & deported but in your hotel room is no probs if that is what you want. Temperature this time of year is usually around low 20's so perfect really (August you are into high 40's). Apart from that yeah, who would want to go.

Just now, LauraH said:

For such a well run club it's a shame that all this has come out but i dare say it happens at lots of other clubs too, after all they are workplaces the same as any other and football isn't immune to a bollocking from the boss.

I'm glad Clement and the club addressed the rumours as quickly as they did, hopefully move on from it now. 

Unlike McClaren. 

15 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Got to say I'm totally confused by all this, who would want to go to Dubai? I would send them all there as punishment for the Reading game.

You can't take any with you, Jamie Hanson couldn't even have a pint, the rest of the squad need a licence to even have one in the hotel room, no getting your end away unless you get married first and you're not even allowed to cross dress!

Not to mention it's too hot to even go out and if you get claustrophobic in lifts you're screwed as everything is on floor 250 up in the clouds.

Spoken like a true person who has never been to the middle east :whistle:

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It is if it the article shows Mel Morris in a bad light as a busy body who gets involved and interferes with Paul's business of managing the players which happens to not be true.If the article highlights that there is conflict between Paul Clement and Mel Morris when it is not true then it may affect their positions in the future jobs, in Mel's case when employing people because they may not want to work with someone who sticks their nose in per say. Whether you like it or not the media has a huge influence in today's world. I must add that I haven't read the article because I never read the Sun.

Hmmm!! You haven't read the article because it is in the Sun and the Sun is full of crap, yet you are still worried about it despte your reservations about the Sun's reporting. C'mon kiddo chill out, you are reading an incredible amount into something you......... well, haven't actually read.

All of us Derby fans should have gone in the dressing room after that display but obviously that's impractical ... and since Mel's the chief Derby fan I'm glad he went in and told all of them in no uncertain terms - manager and players - that that's just not Derby football.  Hoofing balls around while it's Reading who play pure Derby style football and at our home pitch. Galling! Unacceptable! Fix it! I love him.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have to disagree.

If we were a midtable club, we would be sat in midtable.

Your league position is relative to, not only how you are playing, but also how you are playing in comparison to your rivals.

Just to put things into context, only one team in the whole country has lost less matches than Derby this year.

I think a lot of people need to get away from the mindset that this is the same team that we had under McClaren. We are not going to be blowing teams away week after week anymore because that does not appear to be the way that PC wants us to play. He would much rather us take the lead and then manage the game accordingly.

The table at the end of the season is the only one that counts ,we were top, then second, now third .I am also aware that we could also climb back I just don't think we will .

The point I made is we aren't playing like a top three team far from it .

6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The table at the end of the season is the only one that counts ,we were top, then second, now third .I am also aware that we could also climb back I just don't think we will .

The point I made is we aren't playing like a top three team far from it .

I would have thought only losing 3 games is very much playing like a top 3 team.

As I said our style of play has changed.

There is more than one way to skin a rabbit so they say.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would have thought only losing 3 games is very much playing like a top 3 team.

As I said our style of play has changed.

There is more than one way to skin a rabbit so they say.

Current form is on the way down ,like I said gut feeling and I really hope I am wrong .I don't think we have bought particularly well but as ever will give them time.

We still have two vital positions without cover going into the final stage of the season, shades of SM.

Stick to the facts and believe the info from DCFC. There is a danger of blowing this into something it is not. Facts:- Dubai off for a variety of reasons. We played crap against Reading. Everyone knows it Mel and Paul unamused. Derby fans unamused. Move on. COYR

I'm still not sure what to make of the fact the owner enters the dressing room at all - what doesn't sit so easily with me is the fact the owner said a number of things when it emerged he had bought the club, and then the reality has become something else.

Morris said he'd keep a low profile and keep out of footballing matters. His high level of involvement is undoubtedly driven by passion rather than vanity as he's just a fan like you and me, but all the same, the owner noted how damaging the temptation to meddle can be in some of his interviews when he first bought the club.

It's not the involvement itself which concerns me, so much as the saying one thing in the cold light of day and doing another in the heat of the moment. Is heart ruling head here?

I can't pretend I wouldn't do the same.

35 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Stick to the facts and believe the info from DCFC. There is a danger of blowing this into something it is not. Facts:- Dubai off for a variety of reasons. We played crap against Reading. Everyone knows it Mel and Paul unamused. Derby fans unamused. Move on. COYR

Where's the fun in that?

We need to engineer a self-fulfilling prophecy in order to make it clear to everyone that we are not happy being happy. Perhaps one involving Mel tiring of this ownership malarkey because it is, by and large, a thankless task. It doesn't need to be true - just bad. If it's bad enough, then eventually it will become true.

I don't care about the details of what went on. I'm more concerned that this sort of noise is not what you expect from a promotion-chasing team. Remember the "something special's happening here" vibe? That's the sort of energy that should be eminating out the club, not this ranting/unrest concerns.

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I'm still not sure what to make of the fact the owner enters the dressing room at all -

It's not a fact that he went in the dressing room so don't worry your little ginger head about it :) 

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

It's not a fact he went in the dressing room so don't worry your little ginger head about it :) 

According to the DET: 

When asked about what happened in those minutes after Tuesday's game, Clement said: "The chairman did enter the dressing room and along with me, he was also very disappointed and I think that is normal.

"He spoke very briefly to the players.

"What he said obviously remains private."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Paul-Clement-denies-Dubai-trip/story-28529349-detail/story.html#ixzz3xEZTquLh 

I would take that as fact then.

Archived