Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

12 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

I have heard from a very good source that Jake Buxton was looking after Mels dog at Moor Farm ,and he took it for a really really long walk .

When Mel got back and tried to take his dog for a walk it was TOO tired and that is what got his dander up .So he went in the dressing room and threw a coffee cup at Jake.

This is a parable isn't it?  Just thought I'd highlight it in case one of us felt like writing a DCFC bible :pinch:

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like this at all, the national media are all over this like a tramp on chips! It seems like it's been blown out of all proportion. This has a real chance of completely unsettling and de-railing our season, unwanted attention. I bet Boro and Hull are pissing themselves! 

I guess the performance against Birmingham will tell us all we need to know, if we don't show up again then I think we've got some deep issues.

In all fairness its poss mels expectations are as he says to see steady improvement ( not magical instant success ) , if I'm honest although trying to be patient I do have concerns as although we are third and have improved defensively we have gone massively backwards in terms of playing as a team, we seem to have gone back to those bad days of a few years ago when we just could not string passes together and were frustrating to watch , luckily we have some decent players capable of a game winning moment in them which has nicked us points, now I don't know whether that's down to the players or if it's the way they are being coached and asked to play but Mel is right to be concerned , how many real performances have we seen this season? To me our best performances this season are probably on par with one of our mediocre performances of the last two seasons , with the players we had and the players we've added we really should be seeing more glimpses of real quality by now?

Parable 2

Jake Buxton went to take Mel's dog for a walk round the garden but as they stepped on the lawn Mel's dog became distracted by a stray unwashed mongrel.  Transfixed by the horrible beauty, that hinted of a long lost nobilty, Mel's dog just sat in the rain staring and dreaming.  When Jake carried Mel's dog, which he had done many times, back into the kitchen Jake and Mel sat down to talk.  Jake drank coffee, from a paper cup, and Mel did not feed his dog.

:mellow:

6 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Paul Clement has apparently confirmed that Mel did go into the dressing room but didn't rant.

I think that we can deduce that Nixon has a source close to the club. He seemed a bit off early in the summer, but has recently been back to form. Maybe one of the summer signings has a bit of a loose tongue?

New communications director arrives, stories start appearing. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not

Worth chucking in the ring Vulcan, I've read 25 pages on this subject and all kinds of things have sprung to mind....barring your suggestion, as you say, maybe, maybe not but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. 

I would however dismiss the communications director if he thinks this kind of thing is in the club's best interests. 

31 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Parable 2

Jake Buxton went to take Mel's dog for a walk round the garden but as they stepped on the lawn Mel's dog became distracted by a stray unwashed mongrel.  Transfixed by the horrible beauty, that hinted of a long lost nobilty, Mel's dog just sat in the rain staring and dreaming.  When Jake carried Mel's dog, which he had done many times, back into the kitchen Jake and Mel sat down to talk.  Jake drank coffee, from a paper cup, and Mel did not feed his dog.

I want some of what you've had please !

44 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Parable 2

Parable 3

When Jake returned the dog to Mels home Mel noticed that Jakes boots were dirty from the really long walk he asked Jake to remove his boots ,he then washed Jakes feet and all the other players feet "You are all clean now though not every one of you ."

For he knew who was going to betray him .

Kenneth Iscariot Burns 

If I owned to club and had personally paid for all these big names to play for the fans and the club and they performed like they did on Tuesday would I be pissed off?  FECK YES!

Would I stomp down to the changing room get to the door and think "maybe not" HELL NO!

Would I go in and ask to have a word with the group and give them my opinion of what I just saw as a layman in the stands? BLOODY TOO RIGHT!

Mels got every right to tell them what he thinks, he said at the Moorfarm meeting that he didn't interfere when it all went tits up with Macca last season, now by all accounts Mr Morris like to control things personally and doesn't suffer fools. You don't make the money he has by employing clueless fools, he won't like that display end of.

He told us he took/flew in his jet? the lads up to Boro a day or so early last season so they could go out and team build in town before the game, I maybe remembering it incorrectly, but it was something like this (mel, don't sue me)  can you remember the display at boro last season? Dismall.  Mel said regretted that little perk he gave them, and I think this Warm weather trip was cancelled with what went off last season in mind.

now, let's add the Reading fans singing "it's happening again, it's Derby County, it's happening again" into the equation and I'd say Mel was having flash backs and the thought of us messing up again was just too much.

Mel, if you're reading this I applaude you telling the players what you, the owner thought, I applaud that you probably reminded them you're the person who paid for them to be able to work in this fantastic club with facilities that many full England internationals never mind premiership players would bend over backwards to train in and come to work everyday to use.

Promation is the aim, and if that means a few wake up calls along the way from the very top then so be it.

We cannot fail again in the way we did last season.

Well done Mr Morris.

19 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Parable 3

When Jake returned the dog to Mels home Mel noticed that Jakes boots were dirty from the really long walk he asked Jake to remove his boots ,he then washed Jakes feet and all the other players feet "You are all clean now though not every one of you ."

For he knew who was going to betray him .

Kenneth Iscariot Burns 

If only I was allowed to give you two likes.

Mind you, I think Eddie's effort at parable 4 needs a bit of work.

Well I must be a brown noses brown nose because I agree with Boycie, is Mel Morris not allowed to be livid with an abject performance just because he owns the club ?

I hope he threw a few facks into some of them, doubt if he did mind, comes across as a bit classier than that. 

If I was Mel Morris. He has support them as long as I have. And I'd spent £100 million of hard earned money. See players arriving in top of the range vehicles etc. Probably paid for from the wages the club gives them. Then they perform as crap as they did. I'd be breaking down that dressing room door with my size 12 boots. Demanding to know what the hell just happened 

I suppose it's where the line is crossed.  If Mels buying who he wants, picking the team and telling them how to play, that's interfering.  If he's just showing his displeasure at a 5hite performance - then fine.  It's what I would probs do - just poke me head in and say 'wtf was that!!'

Cancelling a few days in Dubai? Does this happen often? flying here and there in preparation for a Tuesday night against Burnley?  Who'd be a footballer eh?

On 13 January 2016 at 21:02, Cam the Ram said:

aef92a1214144b005fd495cf5bad8ccd.png.

A few words in the dressing room..........correct

owner not happy..........correct

12 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Now he's categorically saying Mel "ranted" last night.

nixon5.PNG

Trip cancelled..............correct or least decided not to go.

PC confirmed that recent performances were a factor in this, and that it was not appropriate

mel fuming/ fair old rant......not confirmed one way or the other....but PC confirmed Mel was not happy.

8 hours ago, SaintRam said:

The above tweets don't suggest this.

4 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

Having said all that, UAE is a friendly country to visit..........but it is expensive, particularly alcohol in the bars where a cocktail in the Burj Al-Arab hotel 28th floor bar will cost £30+.

Fook me, borrochs to that.

all in all, Nixon got plenty right.

Archived