Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

8 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Why do people assume the worst. I wasn't happy, who was. He went in and had a few words. We don't know exactly what he said or if he raised his voice. Blackman and Camara are new and Ince's recent form has been better. But Weimann, Martin, Russell, Hendrick and Johnson have not been good enough. Too may players have not been good enough for a while. That needs to change now. Because our recent form is starting to reflect those poor performances. We got away with it before. But not now. 

I've been pointing this out for the last couple of weeks and been jumped all over especially in match day chat. Performances aren't good enough to get us up and we've been in decline. The levels are dropping, we can't keep relying on individual moments from players. Teams win promotion not individuals.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ketteringram said:

It was. But worse. 

Yes I think it was actually a worse performance. Last time reading scored from every attack they had. If they'd done that on Tuesday we'd have lost 7-1.

Apart from the memories of our 3rd division days, why are we still discussing this?

Nixon says Mel wasn't happy, wow! You don't have to be Sherlock to come to the conclusion that after our worst performance of the season the owner left the ground with more of a grimace than a smile. But that doesn't mean he stormed into the changing room and fired a volley at the manager or the players. Nixon also said words were said in the changing room, do people not think that the manager or one or two senior players aren't going to have a bit of a rant after a game like that?

It's a nothing story about something that happens at football grounds up and down the country after every game.

I got slaughtered a few months ago but talking about Mel Morris and interfering.

Pre-Season - I'm going to keep a low profile.

4 Months on - I've been doing interviews on Sky, BBC, DCFC Player, I'm constantly at the ground, I buy scarfs for the fans, Its Mel this and Mel that and now I'm talking to the players directly after a poor performance.

No smoke without mirrors.

I like his money - but let the football men do their job. As @alpha said - chain of command - deviate away from it, it annoys people and it will only end up going one way.

Who is our CEO again?

Okay we haven't been anywhere near our best for quite a few matches. We are still however

third four points ahead of Burnley and one behind Hull. This is NOT a time to think the worst. The players have to be told their output has to improve immediately and well done to Mel if he told them off.This period from now to Easter is possibly the most important time in Derby's history in the last seven years. The players should now know it but it is up to us,the fans, NOT to get on the players backs but to encourage them. Me thinks April 5th against Hull will define who comes second. I expect that it will be US not Hull, or Burnley, or Ipswich but US. Keep the faith we WILL go up. COYR.

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I got slaughtered a few months ago but talking about Mel Morris and interfering.

4 Months on - I've been doing interviews on Sky, BBC, DCFC Player, I'm constantly at the ground, I buy scarfs for the fans, Its Mel this and Mel that and now I'm talking to the players directly after a poor performance.

I like his money - but let the football men do their job. As @alpha said - chain of command - deviate away from it, it annoys people and it will only end up going one way.

Who is our CEO again?

Get your point but where has this 'talking to the players directly' come from?!

Chinese Whispers can be a very dangerous game sometimes.

2 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Okay we haven't been anywhere near our best for quite a few matches. We are still however

third four points ahead of Burnley and one behind Hull. This is NOT a time to think the worst. The players have to be told their output has to improve immediately and well done to Mel if he told them off.This period from now to Easter is possibly the most important time in Derby's history in the last seven years. The players should now know it but it is up to us,the fans, NOT to get on the players backs but to encourage them. Me thinks April 5th against Hull will define who comes second. I expect that it will be US not Hull, or Burnley, or Ipswich but US. Keep the faith we WILL go up. COYR.

I hope you are right ,but my gut feeling is not good .I have been watching Derby for 58 years so have seen most of what there is to see and we haven't put in a performance for a while now something is not right .

We are to slow from the back ,laboured and we have too many players off form to make a fist of the play off's never mind the top two.

The alarm bells really started to ring with the Leeds game ,that was two mid table sides that night and I really, really hope I am wrong.

Alex Ferguson says that you need 8 players playing right at the top of their game in a match. For a while now we've hardly had 2 or 3 in each match. Go figure, we've not been great to watch. 

Mel is not getting value for his money, no wonder he's cheesed off. 

Laughing stocks? Not really. Apart from all those banners and ad boards spouting the great match day experience at the iPro with the Rams. It was a horrible experience again Reading. 

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Get your point but where has this 'talking to the players directly' come from?!

Chinese Whispers can be a very dangerous game sometimes.

I prefer the no smoke without fire. Articles like this don't come out if there isn't something behind it.

Tuesday was a shocker - granted. Morris should not be talking to any player. He can have a private behind closed door chat with Paul Clement but an owner has to trust a manager to run the team his way with no interference, until the day the manager leaves or is sacked.

43 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Who is our CEO again?

How has he interfered?

And I have seen loads of smoke without a mirror being anywhere near :huh:

Fair play to Mel. As long as he leaves PC to pick the team and manage the way he wants to, crack on for me. He's spent his hard earned cash bringing these players to the club, they are in a way his employees, if they are underperforming on big wages they deserve a f*****g.

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I prefer the no smoke without fire. Articles like this don't come out if there isn't something behind it.

Tuesday was a shocker - granted. Morris should not be talking to any player. He can have a private behind closed door chat with Paul Clement but an owner has to trust a manager to run the team his way with no interference, until the day the manager leaves or is sacked.

I think after spending 25m+ on his hometown team trying to bring his own people success.... he has the right to do what he wants

Archived