Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who really gives a rats ass on a bicycle!!!  Mr Morris employs these people, they're his staff, if he feels some of them aren't performing to the standards expected of them he had a right to say so.  He's not the first chairman to voice concerns over a poor performance and he won't be the last.  I'm sure there were plenty of people who were moaning about our previous owners appearing not to give a toss.  Now we have a chairman who is passionate about the club and people of moaning when he shows a bit of it...

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

I hope you are right ,but my gut feeling is not good .I have been watching Derby for 58 years so have seen most of what there is to see and we haven't put in a performance for a while now something is not right .

We are to slow from the back ,laboured and we have too many players off form to make a fist of the play off's never mind the top two.

The alarm bells really started to ring with the Leeds game ,that was two mid table sides that night and I really, really hope I am wrong.

I have to disagree.

If we were a midtable club, we would be sat in midtable.

Your league position is relative to, not only how you are playing, but also how you are playing in comparison to your rivals.

Just to put things into context, only one team in the whole country has lost less matches than Derby this year.

I think a lot of people need to get away from the mindset that this is the same team that we had under McClaren. We are not going to be blowing teams away week after week anymore because that does not appear to be the way that PC wants us to play. He would much rather us take the lead and then manage the game accordingly.

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So vague from Mr Nixon.

I had a rant after the match too, it does not mean I was in the dressing room doing it.

Instead of inferring things why does he not qualify his statements?

Because it creates 13 pages of discussion on a forum and people read his "stories" to find out more.

The statement put out by the club is indeed entirely plausible, as all good spin is. The key to judging whether is spin or not for me though is the bit that says ' a training trip to Dubai had been under consideration'

Nah, sorry DCFC, one was clearly planned and has clearly been cancelled. You don't have a period of 'considering' going away to somewhere, it needs planning, arranging and booking

The other thing I'd want to spin a bit, if I were them, is that this decision, following this period of reflection and consideration, was the managers, not the owners decision. That and the fact that it had been taken, in a considered fashion, on the basis of sound practical reasons like preparation for the FA Cup, rather than as a knee jerk reaction done in anger to punish.  I'd want to spin it that way for all sorts of reasons. Its up to people what they actually believe and what they want to believe 

2 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

The statement put out by the club is indeed entirely plausible, as all good spin is. The key to judging whether is spin or not for me though is the bit that says ' a training trip to Dubai had been under consideration'

Nah, sorry DCFC, one was clearly planned and has clearly been cancelled. You don't have a period of 'considering' going away to somewhere, it needs planning, arranging and booking

The other thing I'd want to spin a bit, if I were them, is that this decision, following this period of reflection and consideration, was the managers, not the owners decision. That and the fact that it had been taken, in a considered fashion, on the basis of sound practical reasons like preparation for the FA Cup, rather than as a knee jerk reaction done in anger to punish.  I'd want to spin it that way for all sorts of reasons. Its up to people what they actually believe and what they want to believe 

While it may be spin, and that's fine. I would be massively upset if we flew the Derby players out to Dubai that week. We play Burnley on Monday night and then Man Utd on Friday night. 

31 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

It seems you've already made your mind up about the truth if you call the statement 'spin'.

I don't think everything was as happy and calm as the Derby statement makes out, but I think it's closer to the truth than what Nixon wrote, I'll say that much. 

3 hours ago, satty atwal said:

I think after spending 25m+ on his hometown team trying to bring his own people success.... he has the right to do what he wants

Any owner of any business has a right to do what it wants.

But you tell me a successful football club where the owner has interfered?

Archived