Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Stop being pedantic - you know I'm referring to day to day.

I'm being pedantic because people are going on as if Mel has kicked the changing room doors in and lambasted the players and coaching staff. We don't know whether he has said a word to the players or the coaching staff or just had a little rant in the directors box after the game that somebody has over heard.

DT blog just posted confirmation from club that todays story in the Sun is correct...................Mel went into the dressing room to tell the players that next week's trip to Dubai was cancelled !!!   Sounds a wee bit angry........

Nixon right again......................hope it works re. Olsson..................

7 minutes ago, toldu said:

DT blog just posted confirmation from club that todays story in the Sun is correct...................Mel went into the dressing room to tell the players that next week's trip to Dubai was cancelled !!!   Sounds a wee bit angry........

Nixon right again......................hope it works re. Olsson..................

yeah the *****, he is taking me instead :whistle:

Now looking likely that at some point, Mel told them that the warm weather training trip to Dubai next week is OFF. Where he said or decided that, is pure supposition. Either way, play up to the standard or freeze your assets off in Derby on an outside pitch?

Is this an anti meltdown strategy.

Team sheet against Brum will make very interesting reading now !!!!!!! 

Good on you, if true, Mel...what a guy!

Fair one Mel if I employed folk on that sort of money and they put a shower of ***** performance like that is have done more than a few words, there be coffee cups flying everywhere

dubai? Wouldn't even treat em to a trip to freezing skeg gy beach.

Where does it say that? I'm on the blog and can't see confirmation that MM entered the dressing room and said "Dubai is off"

In any case if i were Mel i would probably do the same. The owner going into the dressing room post match doesn't sit well with some people but personally i don't see the problem, he's 'the boss' at the end of the day.

Never a dull moment - last week transfers and this week dressing room bust ups (allegedly). Roll on Saturday! I'm a total half fan and going to this one, my previous home games have been Leeds and Brighton so hoping for better this weekend :/

3 minutes ago, LauraH said:

Where does it say that? I'm on the blog

It doesn't.

The Rams have issued a statement in response to a national newspaper article which claimed club owner Mel Morris shelved next week's warm weather break after watching Tuesday's 1-1 draw at the iPro Stadium.

According to The Sun, Morris informed the players of his decision in the dressing room soon after the final whistle.

The club confirmed the Dubai visit will no longer be happening.

"A training trip to Dubai had been under consideration but it has been decided the squad will remain in Derby for a number of factors," said the statement.

"The home draw against Manchester United in the FA Cup follows quickly on from the away game to Burnley and it is felt that the players will benefit from not travelling a relatively long distance.

"Also, head coach Paul Clement was massively disappointed following Tuesday's draw with Reading and he feels a warm weather training camp was not appropriate."

According to the sun he went into the dressing, that does not get mentioned in the Derby statement.

Since when were owners not allowed in dressing rooms? He OWNS the club. Get used to Mel doing what he feels fit to get us promoted. He can do anything that he wants as far as I am concerned. Best owner in British football in my opinion. Mel...What a guy!

Paul Clement has apparently confirmed that Mel did go into the dressing room but didn't rant.

I think that we can deduce that Nixon has a source close to the club. He seemed a bit off early in the summer, but has recently been back to form. Maybe one of the summer signings has a bit of a loose tongue?

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Since when were owners not allowed in dressing rooms? He OWNS the club. Get used to Mel doing what he feels fit to get us promoted. He can do anything that he wants as far as I am concerned. Best owner in British football in my opinion. Mel...What a guy!

He wouldn't be the best owner if he was interfering with the coaching staff. 

I love Mel and think he is doing a fine job, but the only owners who interfere with the coaching are bad ones. 

To be honest I see no problem with him going in there to have a go at the players and tell them their performance wasn't good enough, because it wasn't.

However if Mel has gone in and had a go at the manager too, I find that wrong. Surely it would undermine Clement to the team? 

I'm guessing we will probably not know what was actually said in the dressing room, but I just hope it isn't the catalyst for us to go on a bad run similar to last seasons. Hopefully it's the kick up the backside the players need to get them performing well again.

Got to say I'm totally confused by all this, who would want to go to Dubai? I would send them all there as punishment for the Reading game.

You can't take any with you, Jamie Hanson couldn't even have a pint, the rest of the squad need a licence to even have one in the hotel room, no getting your end away unless you get married first and you're not even allowed to cross dress!

Not to mention it's too hot to even go out and if you get claustrophobic in lifts you're screwed as everything is on floor 250 up in the clouds.

Just now, Daveo said:

Got to say I'm totally confused by all this, who would want to go to Dubai? I would send them all there as punishment for the Reading game.

You can't take any with you, Jamie Hanson couldn't even have a pint, the rest of the squad need a licence to even have one in the hotel room, no getting your end away unless you get married first and you're not even allowed to cross dress!

Not to mention it's too hot to even go out and if you get claustrophobic in lifts you're screwed as everything is on floor 250 up in the clouds.

We could accidentally lose Chris Baird over there too.

13 hours ago, bcnram said:

What has he said that is slander? Paul Clement said that he had words in the dressing room, no problem with that. He then writes that the owner was not happy. I would guess that the owner was not happy, I was not happy, nobody I know was happy. Mel would not be doing cartwheels and cracking open the champagne after that performance. If you asked Mel if he was happy with that performance he would probably say something along of the lines of " no of course not and you are an idiot for asking that question". 

It is a nothing comment that has been misread by the gullible. No offence meant of course. :-) x

It is if it the article shows Mel Morris in a bad light as a busy body who gets involved and interferes with Paul's business of managing the players which happens to not be true.If the article highlights that there is conflict between Paul Clement and Mel Morris when it is not true then it may affect their positions in the future jobs, in Mel's case when employing people because they may not want to work with someone who sticks their nose in per say. Whether you like it or not the media has a huge influence in today's world. I must add that I haven't read the article because I never read the Sun.

Archived