Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

11 minutes ago, philmycock said:

How do you know!? I preferred it when you watched a match and gave your opinion, which I respected, all of a sudden you're Mel's P.A. and Nixon's ITK buddy, snap out of it kidda, it's embarrassing! 

Read his other post pal, think you've missed it.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter if Mel is unhappy. It's not his place.

You employ a coaching team you 100% trust. You leave them to it. You don't undermine them. 

For those saying "he has every right to..."

Different story when it's Cellino or Fawaz. 

If Nixon is lying then I'm sure he'll be in the ****. 

There's a chain of command for a reason. Start skipping the chain and it will break. We heard all about Clement's ability. Let him show it. Don't tread on his toes. If he can't do what you want. Sack him. Obviously not the man you wanted. 

30 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Abandoned due to rain.......new year 86? 

Oh yes.

Yes, and the rearranged game a few months later (Christie scored, I think). Easy for me - I was working in Brizzle.

Just now, McLovin said:

There has to be something in what Nixon is saying this time. He wouldn't dare make this up unless he wants a one way ticket to a court case. Of course he was wrong with the transfers but this is a whole new kettle of fish because this essentially slander.

He's a sports journalist, they can spout any old drivel

27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I must add that this, of course, is a load of made-up hooha.

But you can bet your bottom dollar that if any accusations are thrown about regarding Mel being unhappy, it will probably be something along the lines of the above.

It's such an easy write-up for somebody who wants to create a bit of mischief and sell a fake story.

Glad you got in quick - I was just going to post this....

d693e002-324c-467e-b8b0-2fb3ce7d3259_zps

29 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Why do people assume the worst. I wasn't happy, who was. He went in and had a few words. We don't know exactly what he said or if he raised his voice. Blackman and Camara are new and Ince's recent form has been better. But Weimann, Martin, Russell, Hendrick and Johnson have not been good enough. Too may players have not been good enough for a while. That needs to change now. Because our recent form is starting to reflect those poor performances. We got away with it before. But not now. 

Strangely enough, only a complete idiot would go barging in and scream at players, blaming them for not being good enough. That's not how things work.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not when it's degrading someone's reputation. If he is lying then what he is doing is illegal.

Just pop in an 'allegedly' or an 'it is believed'

If we were 15th and in need of points to be certain of safety, I still doubt that Mel would throw his weight around in the dressing room. It simply isn't his role. He might call Clement into his office for a serious chat, he might even sack Clement, but Mel is canny enough to know that undermining the manager/head coach is not the way to go. As we're 3rd and doing pretty well overall, I suspect that Mel is being very supportive of Paul Clement right about now. I'm calling BS on the Nixon story.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not when it's degrading someone's reputation. If he is lying then what he is doing is illegal.

Not worth bothering about, he thinks he's relevant, he likes the attention, he's so obviously a wanna be footballer without ever making the grade, ignore this pr1ck, he craves attention, I bet his wife has left him and he's a lonely soul, the kinda kid we all bullied at school!

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

There has to be something in what Nixon is saying this time. He wouldn't dare make this up unless he wants a one way ticket to a court case. Of course he was wrong with the transfers but this is a whole new kettle of fish because this essentially slander.

What has he said that is slander? Paul Clement said that he had words in the dressing room, no problem with that. He then writes that the owner was not happy. I would guess that the owner was not happy, I was not happy, nobody I know was happy. Mel would not be doing cartwheels and cracking open the champagne after that performance. If you asked Mel if he was happy with that performance he would probably say something along of the lines of " no of course not and you are an idiot for asking that question". 

It is a nothing comment that has been misread by the gullible. No offence meant of course. :-) x

28 minutes ago, bcnram said:

What has he said that is slander? Paul Clement said that he had words in the dressing room, no problem with that. He then writes that the owner was not happy. I would guess that the owner was not happy, I was not happy, nobody I know was happy. Mel would not be doing cartwheels and cracking open the champagne after that performance. If you asked Mel if he was happy with that performance he would probably say something along of the lines of " no of course not and you are an idiot for asking that question". 

It is a nothing comment that has been misread by the gullible. No offence meant of course. :-) x

Some pillocks would take offence at being referred to as pillocks.

6 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

No it wasn't. It was better.

Last time we played Reading at home we lost. Badly. Last night we played badly and got a point, despite being outplayed for most of the match. 

Just have to disagree then. Yes the result was better. The performance wasn't though. 

7 hours ago, Joel said:

Cracking post.

The negativity and desperation from a good percentage of the fans is infuriating.

Not infuriating... It's the " lot" of a good deal of our fans and par for the course I'm afraid... 

Great post by Ossie. Couldn't have put it better myself. 

I got the impression that Clement had been positive with the players by and large all the way through which is why he was so mad with them?

I don't know much but it would seem this is the next big learning curve for Clement in management. So far he's done well, but did have good cards to play. Now he's got to manage the squad / team and get it sorted.

As for speculation about Mel's happy or not disposition.....i'd assume it's related to that performance only.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I got the impression that Clement had been positive with the players by and large all the way through which is why he was so mad with them?

I don't know much but it would seem this is the next big learning curve for Clement in management. So far he's done well, but did have good cards to play. Now he's got to manage the squad / team and get it sorted.

As for speculation about Mel's happy or not disposition.....i'd assume it's related to that performance only.

I wouldn't assume that .

Could be unhappy about a number of things. Recent performance  (s), other results going against us,  PCs apparent in-game inflexibility. 

But shouldn't Mel be making any displeasure known through Sam? I don't pretend to know exactly how derby have things set up but normally in a business the CEO is there to do the will of the Board who are appointed by the owners/shareholders.

I've worked in financial services businesses where owners sidestepped the chain of command and regulatory authorities don't like it. Mind you,  football regulators are somewhat different beasts. ..

Archived