Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Felt this was the pivotal game in our season last year. The referee got carried away, caught up in the emotion and atmosphere, and after stating three minutes of injury time, Brum equalized in the eigth minute and everything went tits up from then on because we lost all confidence in our ability to hold onto a lead.

Tomorrow's game could be pivotal too. It would be lovely if we start well, on the front foot, and better still bag a couple early on. If we don't we really need the fans to get behind the team. Nervousness on the field or in the stands will be our enemy, and that's what Rowett will have told his players. They will try to slow things down and quieten the crowd. I say turn the music back up before the game and then everyone sing their guys out from Steve Bloomer's Watching and beyond!

Agree this sort of felt like the fixture where it all went wrong last season, although i also think the Forest game was a 'prelude' to what was about to happen.

I know last season we blamed the ref, and it was mad how much time he played but we should never have thrown the game away. I reckon this is a great chance for us to put things right, especially after tuesday. No game at this stage is a 'must win', but it really is a game we 'should' be winning and i think we will.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think there's going to be an in between here. We will either lose and a blip becomes a crisis or we will smash them and get back to top form. 

Either way, little chance of us going infront of Hull as they have Charlton at home. 

Really not sure how this game will go today, but it is a big game in many ways. In particular it will be interesting to see what team PC selects for this one. His most expensive signing appears to be woefully out of form - and the old guard of Martin and Russell are struggling to make any positive impression.  Can't see Russell playing but will he pick Martin? And will Bent and Weimann come in, or will he go immediately for the new signings he must have wanted. Today is probably his biggest call as a Manager. I hope all the players, and the fans, get behind him. This all assumes Mel hasn't already picked the team.

Lose or draw today & we can say goodbye to an automatic place for sure. The nervous tension in the stadium will be huge this afternoon, let's hope it doesn't effect the players on the pitch too much. We certainly can't defend in injury time at the end of the game like we did against the Brum last season. 

I just fear for all the money we've spent this season we have a excellent bunch of skilled individuals, but sadly not a whole team working together in harmony ?.

7 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Lose or draw today & we can say goodbye to an automatic place for sure. The nervous tension in the stadium will be huge this afternoon, let's hope it doesn't effect the players on the pitch too much. We certainly can't defend in injury time at the end of the game like we did against the Brum last season. 

I just fear for all the money we've spent this season we have a excellent bunch of skilled individuals, but sadly not a whole team working together in harmony ?.

After today, there will by 19 games left - and I have a sneaking suspicion that they normally promote teams in May, not January. Still, what do I know?

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

After today, there will by 19 games left - and I have a sneaking suspicion that they normally promote teams in May, not January. Still, what do I know?

beat me to it. It's stupid statements like that, along with my personal favourite "must win game", that force me to post when I had no intention of doing so. 

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

Ok then if it makes you happy we will lose today but make an automatic promotion place with ease, it won't matter jot what any other of the promotion seeking sides achieve. There we are does that feel better ?.

Ok every game could be said to be a must win but there are certain games in a season that getting a win is a lot more relevant for a good many different reasons, & this is clearly one such game.

I think people feel this is a bigger game than most because of the situation we currently find ourselves in 2 from a possible 9 points in the last 3 games a bit of a blip. I think its similar to the Preston game earlier this season we wanted to really win that to start our season off we did and look where we are now. 

We are difficult to beat at home so I think we will do okay today we just need to get the initiative back on the leading pack.

It seems everyone has lost their mind after Tuesday. 

Grant

Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield, Johnson

Ince                                                   Camara

Martin

Get Ince and Butterfield closer to Martin - let Camara occupy the wing. Johnson isn't a defensive midfielder, but Thorne is back.

We'll still draw. 

Woke up this morning, feeling very confident, the sun is shining and we are going to score goals, goals, goals, 4 1 to the Rams, sending all the brummies home, with there tails between there legs.And Martin to get back on the score sheet with a brace.When the going gets tough the tough gets going.So let's get the ipro bouncing today.

56 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

beat me to it. It's stupid statements like that, along with my personal favourite "must win game", that force me to post when I had no intention of doing so. 

They are only must win games if we must stay top, in the top two, in the top six, in the league.

Derby are on the cusp of a mini meltdown. If we do not win win today, lose at Burnley, wear our team out / get injuries against Man Utd and draw against Preston ; then our mini melt down is real.

Derby are not on the cusp of a mini meltdown. If we do win win today, do not lose at Burnley, do not wear our team out / do not get injuries against Man Utd and win against Preston ; then our mini melt down is not real.

1 hour ago, TETRA said:

Ok then if it makes you happy we will lose today but make an automatic promotion place with ease, it won't matter jot what any other of the promotion seeking sides achieve. There we are does that feel better ?.

Ok every game could be said to be a must win but there are certain games in a season that getting a win is a lot more relevant for a good many different reasons, & this is clearly one such game.

Most Forest trolls aren't usually as touchy as you.

1 hour ago, TETRA said:

Hahahahaha you're talking bs. Automatic isn't gone for sure. 

We're more cohesive unit with George pulling the strings.  Assuming he's OK to start I'd fancy us to get a result today.  Razza might give us something extra too and can perhaps provide the service Martin needs, assuming he starts.  Whatever happens today I think it's a tad early to be writing off our chances of an automatic slot, but I can see why folks are nervous.  

Archived