Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Birmingham are a team of donkeys. Rowett's 'tutelage' inspires a thuggish pub team where defenders consistantly take it in turns to go through the back of the opposing forwards. They compete. They kick. Thats about it. The result flattered them. If granty could defend corners, and manage to get his hand to arrive in space at the same time as the ball we could have taken another 0-0. 

They had one or two other things too :

- they played football

- they had a will to win

- they had a collective team spirit

- they had a game plan

- they were clear about how they intended to score goals

- they had fans who supported and backed them

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Which of course begs the question as to why was he signed in the first place. And who actually made the decision to sign him...

Bent's omission from yesterday's squad doesn't seem right to me. He is a proven goalscorer who has banged the goals in wherever he's been, for a very long time.  Blackman has had a good half season with Reading, and is in my view a costly signing considering he was coming to the end of his contract.  Austin, who's contract also expired at the end of the season, only cost Southampton £1m more. He has far greater pedigree.

Perhaps signing all these additional players is having a detrimental effect in the dressing room. The core of the group would have allegiance to someone such as Bent, who they may feel is being treated unfairly. It reminds me of when Jimmy Krankee splashed the cash in our play-off final year. It was a similar situation - top of the league at the time to play-off finalists and eventual winners. 

I would settle for that right now. The sooner January is out of the way, the better. 

Just walked into home in Southern Spain, after 2 RyanAir flights, two nights in the Premier Inn, lunch in the Pedigree suite and 90 minutes of complete crap from us. (granted thought they were poor too for 50-60 minutes), Waste a complete waste of time and money. Still Saturday night´s curry was bloody good.

News Flash - Rams team to appear in the remake of Sqadraphenia :D Who?

Update - Rams team to appear in Police Squad 4.3.3 :D What?

Late bulletin - Rams team to appear in Squadron XI - The Return :D Where?

Latest edition - Rams fans to appear in the remake of Exodus - Let my people go :D When?

20 minutes ago, zaragozaram said:

Just walked into home in Southern Spain, after 2 RyanAir flights, two nights in the Premier Inn, lunch in the Pedigree suite and 90 minutes of complete crap from us. (granted thought they were poor too for 50-60 minutes), Waste a complete waste of time and money. Still Saturday night´s curry was bloody good.

zaragozaram.. What a guy!

Fan of the season so far.

Says who? Says Rampage!

Archived