Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

So it is basically a 4-3-3 then, but now we are playing Martin out wide? 

Where does  Martin in the hole behind Blackman mean out wide. 

Ince and Johnson out wide  

You could choose Hendrick in place of Butters to accomadate Martin in the hole also  

Its a 4-1-2-1-2 to accomadate Martin in the hole behind Blackman and Ince  

Just now, curtains said:

Where does  Martin in the hole mean out wide. 

Ince and Johnson out wide  

You could choose Hendrick in place of Butters to accomadate Martin in the hole also  

So you are basically going 4-4-2? We know how a two man midfield did against Reading and I really wouldn't want to see us try it again. 

8 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

So you are basically going 4-4-2? We know how a two man midfield did against Reading and I really wouldn't want to see us try it again. 

No I'm going 4-1-2-1-2 

Carson. 

Baird.   Keogh.    Shacks.       Warnock. 

Thorne  

Hendrick/ or Butters.          Johnson. 

Martin  

Ince.             Blackman. 

It's all a big emphasis on if Thorne fit or not , it seems to be without him we don't function ! I think too many people under estimate the holding midfield role ! It's absolutely vital in modern football ! You can't just chuck a central midfield player in there and expect him to carry out that role it's like putting a centre back to full back it just won't work ! When Thorne out we need a good back up option to play that role not a makeshift option ! 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

No I'm going 4-1-2-1-2 

Carson. 

Baird.   Keogh.    Shacks.       Warnock. 

Thorne  

Hendrick/ or Butters.          Johnson. 

Martin  

Ince.             Blackman. 

Without Christie though we would have little width at all and I don't think Martin has the mobility to play in that role. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

My heart will sink if I have to suffer Russell and Martin

Carson 

Baird.      Shacks.        Keogh.       Warnock. 

Thorne 

Hendrick.  Butters.       Johnson. 

Ince .  Blackman. 

My heart will sink if Chris Baird is selected in the starting line up!

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

Keeper 4-1-2-1-2 Martin in the hole .

Baird is more solid defensively for this game than Christie. 

So we play a more defensively-minded RB against an average Championship team at home? Blimey - we must really be struggling!

25 minutes ago, curtains said:

Tell you what I'll give Martin a go again for all his fans. 

Put him in my team ahead of Hendrick and put Ince on the right. 

Carson 

Baird.  Keogh.  Shacks. Warnock 

.     Thorne. 

Butters.           Johnson 

Ince.                   Martin. 

Blackman. 

That should help Martin 

ie play him in the hole. 

Why put Baird there instead Christie? 

7 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Without Christie though we would have little width at all and I don't think Martin has the mobility to play in that role. 

Not too bothered if it's Baird or Christie to be honest and your right in a way but it detracts from our overhaul build up play when Christie keeps bombing down the right and I just want it more solid with Baird as it is with Warnock 

Martin could do a job in the hole but nothing to stop him Ince and Blackman interchanging and being fluid.  

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

So we play a more defensively-minded RB against an average Championship team at home? Blimey - we must really be struggling!

I don't think Baird is even better defensively than Christie, so would be ridiculous to pick him at right-back. Seems that most of the time Baird plays, he makes a mistake that leads to a goal.

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

Keeper 4-1-2-1-2 Martin in the hole .

Baird is more solid defensively for this game than Christie. 

Would you say it's our defensive side that's the problem though Curtains? We've had one of the best defences this year with numerous clean sheets. I think it's clear to see we're lacking going forward and for that, there would be no dropping of Christie for Baird in my eyes. 

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

We really did struggle against Reading and Christie had an off day and didn't stop the cross for Readings goal and he was constantly back peddling. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Would you say it's our defensive side that's the problem though Curtains? We've had one of the best defences this year with numerous clean sheets. I think it's clear to see we're lacking going forward and for that, there would be no dropping of Christie for Baird in my eyes. 

We said that about Warnock and Forsyth though and I think Warnock saved us against Reading and  has been solid. 

We were constantly on the back foot against Reading and Christie couldn't get out  to attack. 

You make a good point but it's my gut feeling that Baird should play against Brum .

l know I've said Baird is a journeyman but I think that comment was taken out of context at the time the same as the wool over the eyes comment I made which I was sorry for because clearly Mel and the Board have good intentions for DCFC 

Grant

Christie    Keogh   Shackell   Warnock
                       Thorne
           Butterfield    Hendrick
Ince                                          Camara
                     Blackman 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

We really did struggle against Reading and Christie had an off day and didn't stop the cross for Readings goal and he was constantly back peddling. 

No fullback stops every cross - that's just impossible. Responsibility for conceding the goal rested squarely with Johnson and Russell, one ducking out of a challenge while the other stood motionless, gawping as the ball came over.

Archived