Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Less booing please!

its this Saturday proper 3 PM kick off.

Brum held the mighty Forest to a draw mid week, so does that tell us anything?

I hope our midfield turns up.

They should do, they had tonight off!

Is it just me that thinks every time they have a break, or rest advantage over our opponents, we play particularly poor?

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Johnson Thorne Butterfield

Ince Bent Razza

Harsh on Grant after today's performance, but no clean sheet in 3. Hopefully Keogh is ok to play in a mask after he broke his nose, if not, Pearce/Buxton in. Give Razza a chance on the left and see what he can offer. Blackman or Bent up front, take your pick. And back to a 3 man midfield with Thorne back. Captaincy to Warnock/Shackell/Carson/Keogh/Thorne ... plenty of options for Clement to choose from.

I reckon Clement will give them a huge kick up their backsides and we'll come out raring to go. 3-0 Derby win.

I wouldn't try to make too many changes but we have to take form in to consideration. Nobody should get in this side automatically. Definitely go back to 4-3-3. Ideally I'd like to try:

Carson

Thorne

Butterfield Hendrick

Ince Blackman Camara

I feel Martin & Johnson should have a game out. Haven't done enough for me. If Carson isn't fit, obviously Grant. If Thorne's not fit, Baird. Eustace did fine for us last season. No point trying to shoehorn a player like Johnson into CDM as he obviously prefers going forward.

Carson

Christie Pearce Shackell Warnock

Thorne

Butterfield Bryson

Ince     Blackman Camara

Pearce to come in for the injured keogh who has a broken nose. If Keogh is medically fit then he starts with shackell in the heart of the defence.

Carson

christie. Keogh  shackell. Warnock

hendrick Thorne butterflied. Razza

Blackman. Ince 

4-4-2. Nice and simple. 

Forget this Shxte diamond formation etc. no room for luxury midfielders 

mark your man. Do the job. Simple. 

3 minutes ago, Rammy1 said:

Carson

christie. Keogh  shackell. Warnock

hendrick Thorne butterflied. Razza

Blackman. Ince 

4-4-2. Nice and simple. 

Forget this Shxte diamond formation etc. no room for luxury midfielders 

mark your man. Do the job. Simple. 

That formation and line up just made me throw up. 

Carson

Christie      Keogh      Shacks      Warnock

Johnson      Thorne         Butterfield

Ince     Blackman     Razza

Go a true 4-3-3  [3 strikers interchanging positions] not a 4-3-2-1 system we play with Martin or Bent.

It is really a must win game!

33 minutes ago, admira said:

Carson

Thorne

Bryson Butterfield

Ince Blackman Razza

Martin sadly needs leaving out and so does Johnson who has been deteriorating.

Agree re Johnson and Martin. And if Carson is available then it must be tempting to bring him straight back in and re-establish some clean sheets.

If we have Thorne I could see a 4-2-3-1 working with

Carson

Thorne Butterfield (with Jake slightly advanced of George)

Blackman Ince Razza

Bent

Think ince and bent combine well - least they did against Brizzle.

Really don't like the idea of Blackman as the lone striker. There's no evidence he's ever been any good at it. Most of his goals this season for Reading came from the right side cutting in on his left. Plus Bent deserves his chance now. The time has come for him to get a run in the team.

We have a big and apparently strong squad. If you don't perform, you shouldn't keep the shirt when there are people training hard to take your place. So, I would mix it up.

I don't understand so many calls for Blackman as centre forward when Bent hasn't had his chance, so I would try Darren up there first. He deserves to be told he'll play for the next three games or something like that, rather than maybe getting five minutes at the end of a match. Also, I think Camara and Bent are probably going to work well together.

I think Thorne's absence shows how valuable a player he is to us. While he's not always been firing on all cylinders, I'd bring him straight in and hope the break has helped him. The lacklustre midfield showing gives Bryson a great opportunity to come back in as well. I like the 4-2-3-1 formation and if I were the manager it's what I would want to play. But can we make it work? The answer seems to be no without Thorne. Do we risk the experiment of doing it with Thorne? If Bryson can play an hour, do we try a diamond? Or is it back to 4-3-3? Having brought in two more strikers, it'll be hard to keep them all happy if that's what we're playing.

Should Keogh really play with a broken nose, the poor fella? Is this an opportunity to give Pearce a game on the right side of defence? Or would Clement stick with the "versatile" Shotton? I imagine Bucko is understudying Shackell on the left. Keogh's ability to carry the ball out of defence has been one of the highlights of the season and while the overall defending has been excellent, we've missed Bucko's distribution from the back. I think we'll see 4-3-3 with:

Carson [if fit]

Christie    Keogh [in mask]    Shackell    Warnock

Thorne

Bryson      Butterfield

Ince      Bent      Camara

Substitutes: Grant Baird Shotton Hendrick Johnson Blackman Martin

though that leaves no room for Russell or Weimann (or Bucko and Pearce).

Carson

Christie            Keogh                Shackell       Warnock

Thorne

Johnson

Ince                             Butterfield                  Camara

Blackman

Grant just isnt 1) as good as Carson 2) as calm as Carson when it comes to distribution

Ince and Christie combine a lot better than Blackman did on the right

Thorne much needed defencive midfield to hopefully let Johnson do the box to box and Butterfield play just off Blackman

Russell doesn't deserve to keep his place and Weimann hasn't impressed outwide so Camara

Martin it's just not coming off for him at the minute give Blackman a go through the middle

COYR

Archived