Derby County v Birmingham City.

Boycie

I hope we win today but January fixtures have been tough and we haven't helped ourselves by not picking the best team against leeds and most of the team not turning up against reading. But February fixtures look a very different matter

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we're necessarily on the cusp of a meltdown. I'd be very surprised if we did anything close to resembling what happen post-March last season. Our form hasn't been THAT bad:

Drew against Leeds: tough away game, two points dropped by a single glaring error at the back.

Lost to a better team at Boro; likely our toughest away game this season. 

Beat League Two Hartlepool with a second string first XI and gave the two new signings a run-out. 

Didn't turn up against Reading, but still managed to draw.

One loss in 4 doesn't necessarily have to be a cause for concern. We drew four and lost one (two if you count the League Cup) of our first 5, and still managed to have our best start to a season (ever?).

Marathon not a sprint, teams have dips in form, particularly those with a new manager and a heap of new players. Patience the key.

COYR. 

Johnson and Russell are lucky to be starting today... Hopefully they have learned how to pass the ball. Has Darren bent turned up late again? Looks like a strong bench but I would still prefer to see Darren bent there. 

Ps what's happened to Bryson. Is he injured again? 

In a way, Blackman for Martin makes sense. An in-form striker for an out-of-form striker. If you stick Martin back in that lineup, it looks less shocking. Pretty solid actually.

Personally I would have dropped Johnson for Butterfield though. And Russell for one of the new signings.

I'd agree with this team other than Butterfield should be in instead of Johnson.

Unsure if Carson being on the bench means he's not quite ready or if Grant keeps his place anyway...

Probably would have given Camara a run ahead of Russell too but that's 50/50

Archived