RIP David Bowie

admira

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP David.

Got to see him just once at Cardiff Arms Park for the Glass Spider Tour, was amazing and always intended to watch him again, never got round to it.

Going to have to get the new album now, obviously going to be a massive seller on this news, being labelled as back to his best, what a shame. Least he had his family with him at the end.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Incredibly disrespectful...

I can relate to what he is saying though. Can honestly say, and I don't mean it disrespectfully, that I never 'got' the whole Bowie thing from a musical point of view. I do however see the fascination with him as a personality and as an icon. I can also see where he was somewhat revolutionary and experimental, which is ultimately influential when it comes to music.

All those millions of fans cannot all be wrong, just not for me. 

Twitter is full of Bowie stuff and with people jumping on the bandwagon to say nice things about him.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I can relate to what he is saying though. Can honestly say, and I don't mean it disrespectfully, that I never 'got' the whole Bowie thing from a musical point of view. I do however see the fascination with him as a personality and as an icon. I can also see where he was somewhat revolutionary and experimental, which is ultimately influential when it comes to music.

All those millions of fans cannot all be wrong, just not for me. 

Twitter is full of Bowie stuff and with people jumping on the bandwagon to say nice things about him.

I can understand not being a fan of his music, nor am I. I'm not going to rush to put a RIP message because personally I have no real connection to him.

But to essentially describe a man's death who is obviously loved by millions as an inconvenience to your social media timeline is incredibly ******* disrespectful

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I can understand not being a fan of his music, nor am I. I'm not going to rush to put a RIP message because personally I have no real connection to him.

But to essentially describe a man's death who is obviously loved by millions as an inconvenience to your social media timeline is incredibly ******* disrespectful

You don't know what you're missing/have missed..

With respect ..:)

I can safely say that I have heard a David Bowie song every day of my 14 years of being with my missus, whenever I start the car a song of his plays, she went back to bed when she learnt of the news and she is still not moved, she is beyond devastated. RIP Dave Jones

My memories of him start in the 70's when he was a bit Marmite. My mate loved him and had his hairstyle and his posters. I never 'got' him. He was a bit naff in the way of Sweet and The Rubettes. His bi-sexual persona was just cringeworthy to me. Of course I didn't appreciate how revolutionary he was, how much he was so different to the glam rockers. Similar to Queen, when you got past the stage show glamour the music was to shape the industry until today. 

Archived