Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, North_Stand_Ram said:

Hopefully impulse cheque writing from Mel :D

Is it needed though? Don't fix what isn't broken. It isn't broken we just lost to a better team on the day. Away to a team like Boro with the form they're on and it's expected. They will lose more games this season so it's still entirely feasible we can catch them without only having to look over our shoulders at Hull.

1 minute ago, Stimacked said:

We haven't hit the heights this team is capable of yet. The Hull away performance maybe. Clement still struggling to make the difference in certain key games. Key decisions to be made now. Can the team be significantly strengthened to give us a better chance of 2nd? 

Boro could still go on a bad run, but look like running away with it now.

How is Clement struggling to make a difference in certain key games? We've taken seven points from Boro, Ipswich, Wednesday and Hull away from home - arguably the four most difficult games of the season.

Bringing on Weimann was probably an error, but he'll learn from it.

2nd place it is then. Boro are the better team in this league and their setup has been together for longer than ours in its current form so no surprises with the result. 

There is no one else I don't think we can beat in the league though we just need to keep hold of 2nd.

Sadly it sounds as though my hopes that we would really turn up and give it a right go have come to naught. 

Saying that we are some way behind and should accept defeat to a team of similar premier league wannabees bolstered by a bit-part Uruguay international,  a premier league has-been /never was and a Leicester cast off has not improved my mood either.

Full inquest with ritual slaughter demanded. ..

Just now, Kernow said:

Is it needed though? Don't fix what isn't broken. It isn't broken we just lost to a better team on the day. Away to a team like Boro with the form they're on and it's expected. They will lose more games this season so it's still entirely feasible we can catch them without only having to look over our shoulders at Hull.

A pacy winger and quality striker are needed

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

A striker/winger type is definitely needed. 

Just now, McLovin said:

A pacy winger and quality striker are needed

I agree if you're looking at improving the team, but only if they'll improve the side.

I don't want signings for the sake of it. Mel ain't an idiot he won't take this game out of context and go into meltdown like half of the board will tonight.

Alright lads, I would have came back on regardless of the result.

We played well today and would say got the result we deserved, you boys looked a bit off the pace which was suprising.

Just want to wish you lot all the best for the rest of the season, and as I said previous, I hope it's the pair of us that go up.

2 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

If that was a smidge tough to take, remember that in the PL we'd consider Boro one of the easiest games of the season on paper.  How far short are we realistically? Manpower wise.

Don't think it works like that. Watford got battered by Bournemouth and Norwich last season. Ipswich did the double over them, Derby took four points off them.

Both teams will be completely different next year with different strategies.

Boro are a well-oiled Championship machine. But they'll soon realise in the Premier League that scoring first will become a lot harder and they look pretty toothless - like Derby - when falling behind.

Firstly, to the people lamenting PC's decision to change shape I feel is a tad unfair. He obviously felt it was worth the gamble and another day it could have paid off. Had he kept it the same and we still lost people would complain we didn't do enough to change it up - hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Secondly, all the people handing 'Boro the title already...remember last season? We were clearly ahead of the rest of the pack at a similar stage and the wheels fell off. Why cant the same happen to them? I agree it's a huge blow but as others have said theres a lot of distance left to run. 

Archived