Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demoralising result but ultimately not too detrimental to our promotion challenge. Lots of other games, we've still lost the joint least (pulling that figure out my head, think that's true) amount of games out of everyone and put teams away without even playing too well.

I genuinely think we'll make the top two and despite today, this league is far from over. Boro won't necessarily win it.

7 minutes ago, cymru said:

we need a striker and two full backs i think

Strange you say that on the day I thought our fullbacks were our two best players (although I acknowledge Christie got caught ball watching for the first goal). Warnock and Christie are plenty good enough for this league. Our defence and midfield are good enough to get us up. Other than Ince, our lack of quality is in the forward 3.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Basically, don't let it ruin your night! Could be a lot worse and I'd have taken this position at the start of the season!

We would all have taken this position but we still need players. i have been saying that we need four players for awhile. It is not a knee jerk reaction to the defeat today.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

You don't need to have a coach for a few seasons to get to promotion winning sides, hence why I gave last season 3 as an example. Its really down to how good your players are when playing as a team for 90 mins and being consistent .

They have better players and they play to a formation that works, to be far how many games this season have we really dominated or for that matter played well for the whole 90 mins.

I have watched Boro's games since the Brighton demolishment and they have played very well every game and dominated those games.

We have to regroup and be honest with ourselves, we are not as good as Boro.

Yes but the point is with a coach and players working together for a given length of time you build a Team that understands and weathers storms and fight for each other. Having 5 star players is not necessarily a golden ticket. Time and again we have seen that football is a team game and teams win prizes. Man U 1999 .. Man for man yeah not bad but as a TEAM remarkable. I believe PC has the ability to build a team and that isn't done in half a season. 

But I'd still like a quick mobile striker and a winger who could skin someone, hit the bye line, and cross ?

1 minute ago, cymru said:

i hope i am wrong but i can't see us spending a lot in this transfer window it will be loan players but if they are  hope they are good once please mel let them be good  once

Clement said today maybe 1 or 2 in but it won't be a busy window. So Razza Camara will probably be 1 and the other I'd imagine will be either cover for Warnock or an extra striker.

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Clement said today maybe 1 or 2 in but it won't be a busy window. So Razza Camara will probably be 1 and the other I'd imagine will be either cover for Warnock or an extra striker.

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

i think there is a goalie on the way as well so that the two mmm

1 minute ago, cymru said:

i think there is a goalie on the way as well so that the two mmm

We've also apparently agreed a deal for a youngster from Cheltenham named Luke Thomas. I think both he and this keeper are for our development squad so I don't think Clement is counting them as his '1 or 2 in'.

PistoldPete2
32 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Strange you say that on the day I thought our fullbacks were our two best players (although I acknowledge Christie got caught ball watching for the first goal). Warnock and Christie are plenty good enough for this league. Our defence and midfield are good enough to get us up. Other than Ince, our lack of quality is in the forward 3.

Well after only 1 point from last two games and going 4 points behind boro and they have. Game in hand I guess some nervousness is understandable, what went wrong last years was injuries and loss of form... And no-0ne lost form more than christie. So is he good enough to last the whole season? i don't know. we don't really have any back up . 

No need for anyone to panic. We were in the game for 83 minutes and nearly gained a point and were positive enough to go looking for 3 points. We kept the home fans quiet and there players gave everything to eventually break us. We are improving as a team and it's still up to us fans to stay strong and get behind our team, when are team need us the most. I personally won't waste my time having a go at any of our players or any of the Derby staff today as we gave it our best shot, and I know we will keep on improving and Boro know from both the games we have played against them this season, that there's still a long way to go before any team wins promotion to the premiership.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Couldn't agree more,just another game, this is not a promotion defining game for both teams in any stretch of the imagination

but i dare say Derby fans have their fare share of doom mongers like Boro do :(

With regards the game, Clayton is a monster:thumbsup:

When either him or Ayala dont get MOM i will start being concerned :)

We stifled, strangholded your attacks immediately, no disrespect but you didnt really

offer a real threat going forward, which a lot of Boro fans were surprised at.

Cracking set of fans by the way, very vocal :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

We stifled, strangholded your attacks immediately, no disrespect but you didnt really

offer a real threat going forward, which a lot of Boro fans were surprised at.

We're all left scratching our heads at how our tactic of passing either 3 yards above Chris Martin's head or 2 yards either side of him didn't seem to lead to any meaningful attacks.

We then brought Weimann on to run around a lot and try to block some clearances, and you even seemed to be one step ahead of that.

I think we would have lost today even if we'd had Conor Sammon dribbling the ball out for a throw-in with his shins.

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

We're all left scratching our heads at how our tactic of passing either 3 yards above Chris Martin's head or 2 yards either side of him didn't seem to lead to any meaningful attacks.

We then brought Weimann on to run around a lot and try to block some clearances, and you even seemed to be one step ahead of that.

I think we would have lost today even if we'd had Connor Sammon dribbling the ball out for a throw-in with his shins.

Just think. He was the last person to score a winner against Boro in a Derby shirt

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I do hope you're being dramatic here!

If you expected anything other than defeat from this game then perhaps you need therapy, or some sort of nazi mind-control drug!

Just a cuddle and to be told everything will be ok would be just fine. Sorry @Wolfie20 for being a drama queen, I've calmed down now :pinch:

Archived