Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

I have two scenario's for this one. Either Butterfield plays the game of hs life and we run to comfortable win or Nugent scores only goal of the game. Obviously it'll be scrappy and includes mistakes from Keogh or Grant or maybe even both.

As Derby fan I'm used to latter one, but maybe this time it'll different.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dimmu said:

I have two scenario's for this one. Either Butterfield plays the game of hs life and we run to comfortable win or Nugent scores only goal of the game. Obviously it'll be scrappy and includes mistakes from Keogh or Grant or maybe even both.

As Derby fan I'm used to latter one, but maybe this time it'll different.

My gut feeling is a penalty.

I know we're not supposed to discuss illegal streaming, but my online bookie says 'watch live' next to the Boro v Rams match...  So this is legal streaming. Does anyone know if this works? I may change my plans for the day if this works, would be great to watch it! It's not on TV. 

Just now, rusgb said:

I know we're not supposed to discuss illegal streaming, but my online bookie says 'watch live' next to the Boro v Rams match...  So this is legal streaming. Does anyone know if this works? I may change my plans for the day if this works, would be great to watch it! It's not on TV. 

If you're in the UK, that won't work.

9 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

This will be a chance for our players to show they're ready for that step up. Hopefully one of our big players steps up with a match winning performance.

Oh boy......my confidence just evaporated.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Derby will win if our best players perform well. Its very close in terms of physicality and work ethic, both teams like to counter attack and work extremely hard to stop the opposition from creating chances.

AK and PC are very similar in their philosophies but I reckon we have the bigger goal threat if Ince and Martin are on the top of their games.

I'm not sure having Butters and BJ in the same team works well even though both are good players, its a team game and those two don't seem to make the team fluent imo. Assuming George is playing then i'd go with Hendrick and Butterfield and leave BJ ont bench.

The difference between the two sides is going to be creativity in and around the box, we are at our best when our midfield are on the front foot rather than defending.

Go for it PC....we can take the game to them and win this.

Yes Uttoxeter. My football awareness isn't exactly of the highest order but I sense we havent always found the right place for Bradley to show his best in a team set up. When Thorne plays he sometimes seems to close to him and the same when he is playing with Butterfield. They seem to bump in to each other a bit too often.  The frustrating thing is he has immense strength and can play an unlocking pass. I reckon you are right he is better when Hendrick plays. The exciting thing is that I bet PC knows this and is working on it with the players and there is room to improve. Sooner or later we are going to have a game where all our talented midfield click perfectly and someone is going to get destroyed. 

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Derby will win if our best players perform well. Its very close in terms of physicality and work ethic, both teams like to counter attack and work extremely hard to stop the opposition from creating chances.

AK and PC are very similar in their philosophies but I reckon we have the bigger goal threat if Ince and Martin are on the top of their games.

I'm not sure having Butters and BJ in the same team works well even though both are good players, its a team game and those two don't seem to make the team fluent imo. Assuming George is playing then i'd go with Hendrick and Butterfield and leave BJ ont bench.

The difference between the two sides is going to be creativity in and around the box, we are at our best when our midfield are on the front foot rather than defending.

Go for it PC....we can take the game to them and win this.

Agree completely with this..but very difficult to leave your 7 million pound record signing on the bench!! 

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, unclej said:

Why on earth would you have turds in your stomach! Lets just hope you are not a Coprophagiac and you have some sort of reverse digestion going on.

Coprophagiac is a word I have never come across in all my years. Whatever it is sounds nasty so I hope I won't ever find out about it .

2 hours ago, RedSmog said:

I know its a bit late but cannot see any reason why you couldn't get re-issued with tickets

There is a dedicated ticket booth opposite the main entrance to the Riverside,other side of the car park

where late internet sales are picked up before the game

Should of been able to sort you out there, with an email confirmation from the original sale.

Doesn't bad luck come in threes:ermm:

1 Forgot tickets

2 Expense of taxi back home

:p

Have a safe day lads n lasses :thumbsup:

3 is probably going to be having to sit next to Boycie or even worse B4 for the train journey up!! 

Archived