Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Holgate86mfc said:

Alright lads, I would have came back on regardless of the result.

We played well today and would say got the result we deserved, you boys looked a bit off the pace which was suprising.

Just want to wish you lot all the best for the rest of the season, and as I said previous, I hope it's the pair of us that go up.

You guys are by far the best team in the league in my opinion. Leadbitter,Clayton and Friend are brilliant. It would be a disgrace and injustice if you guys don't go up in my opinion. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Just now, loughboroughRAM said:

Firstly, to the people lamenting PC's decision to change shape I feel is a tad unfair. He obviously felt it was worth the gamble and another day it could have paid off. Had he kept it the same and we still lost people would complain we didn't do enough to change it up - hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Secondly, all the people handing 'Boro the title already...remember last season? We were clearly ahead of the rest of the pack at a similar stage and the wheels fell off. Why cant the same happen to them? I agree it's a huge blow but as others have said theres a lot of distance left to run. 

One of the reasons why the wheels fell off last season was because our defence turned to ****. That won't happen to Boro. They're too good at the back and have quality replacements if necessary with kalas and woodgate. We had to play Forssyth at centre back at the end of last season which showed our lack of depth

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I'll support from the stands pal, and moan on here, if that's alright with you? Nazi

Nazi??? You moron - if you really knew what being a Nazi is then you wouldn't flippantly say it.

You able to criticise but not take it because that's what it looks like?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

You guys are by far the best team in the league in my opinion. Leadbitter,Clayton and Friend are brilliant. It would be a disgrace and injustice if you guys don't go up in my opinion. Good luck for the rest of the season.

You probably saw with Clayton, Leadbitter and Ayala why we just don't concede goals.

Need to remember though this has taken nearly 3 years to build this team and get it to play how you see now. You're in your first season with PC. The end of the day you're a quality side and I would be shocked if we both don't go up.

Can't blame clement IMO regardless of formation we were sloppy in possession in the second half and got punished. Still a very long way to go, Boro will have some slips along the way let's hope we're still on there tails when they do. 

3 minutes ago, Holgate86mfc said:

Alright lads, I would have came back on regardless of the result.

We played well today and would say got the result we deserved, you boys looked a bit off the pace which was suprising.

Just want to wish you lot all the best for the rest of the season, and as I said previous, I hope it's the pair of us that go up.

Fairs, Fair. You were the better side today and got the 3 points deservedly.

Good luck with the rest of the season, I am sure (if by the end of this season) we finish above Boro then we've won the league. 

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Nazi??? You moron - if you really knew what being a Nazi is then you wouldn't flippantly say it.

You able to criticise but not take it because that's what it looks like?

Classic case of Godwins law right here, If an argument goes on long enough someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism. 

1 minute ago, Holgate86mfc said:

You probably saw with Clayton, Leadbitter and Ayala why we just don't concede goals.

Need to remember though this has taken nearly 3 years to build this team and get it to play how you see now. You're in your first season with PC. The end of the day you're a quality side and I would be shocked if we both don't go up.

I said this numerous times in our match day chat, but some of our fans demand we get rid of players and sign replacements rather than giving Clement the chance to get them fully understanding the way he wants them to play.

Change of shape or not, we never looked like doing anything other than perhaps nicking a point.

Boro are better than us and it showed. Player-for-player, the difference between us is negligible but they look like a side who have let the current manager build a team. Their pressing game is superb, and we had no answer for it.

It's disappointing to lose today, but it's not the end of the world. I think our opposition today have put themselves in a really good position to win this league now, but there's still an automatic spot available even if everything goes according to plan for Middlesbrough. I still back us for second.

Surely if u have a good chance of a point away at the league leaders you don't tinker. A mistake and PC has admitted so. So long as he learns then we move on. Have to say that when u want a tight game and formation - and u want to keep possession - Weiman is just about the worst player to bring on.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

One of the reasons why the wheels fell off last season was because our defence turned to ****. That won't happen to Boro. They're too good at the back and have quality replacements if necessary with kalas and woodgate. We had to play Forssyth at centre back at the end of last season which showed our lack of depth

I agree that their defence is far superior to ours but that's not say it won't happen - although I do agree it's improbable at this stage but as they say, football's a funny old game. 

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Clement says it's his responsibility with the bold change, which didn't work. Clearly he felt winning three points was more important than losing one. I can see his argument, but I'd have happily taken a point from this one.

Did he say this after the game?

Fair play if so I can understand the reasoning but it was very risky and Weimann's not in form at the moment, never the less, we move on and hopefully learn from it. 

Archived