Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

29 minutes ago, jono said:

Yes Uttoxeter. My football awareness isn't exactly of the highest order but I sense we havent always found the right place for Bradley to show his best in a team set up. When Thorne plays he sometimes seems to close to him and the same when he is playing with Butterfield. They seem to bump in to each other a bit too often.  The frustrating thing is he has immense strength and can play an unlocking pass. I reckon you are right he is better when Hendrick plays. The exciting thing is that I bet PC knows this and is working on it with the players and there is room to improve. Sooner or later we are going to have a game where all our talented midfield click perfectly and someone is going to get destroyed. 

Todays the day

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Derby will win if our best players perform well. Its very close in terms of physicality and work ethic, both teams like to counter attack and work extremely hard to stop the opposition from creating chances.

AK and PC are very similar in their philosophies but I reckon we have the bigger goal threat if Ince and Martin are on the top of their games.

I'm not sure having Butters and BJ in the same team works well even though both are good players, its a team game and those two don't seem to make the team fluent imo. Assuming George is playing then i'd go with Hendrick and Butterfield and leave BJ ont bench.

The difference between the two sides is going to be creativity in and around the box, we are at our best when our midfield are on the front foot rather than defending.

Go for it PC....we can take the game to them and win this.

Boro midfielders have skill and power, so Johnson must play for me and have one of his best games. Our substitutes will be vital today. Maybe Hendrick after 60 minutes can do something. If the game is not going our way at HT then make changes at HT. Do not wait until they score (again). My one and only complaint about Clement's tactics has been not changing players at half time when it is clear that the first 45 minutes was clearly leading us on a path to losing the game. (Florist and Leeds). We got away with it at Leeds.

Archived