Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Cam the Ram suggested it helps to have the same manager for a few seasons, to build a team, not that it was a prerequisite for promotion. To use examples of when teams have got promoted with new managers to disprove the original point employs some interesting logic.

You don't need to have a coach for a few seasons to get to promotion winning sides, hence why I gave last season 3 as an example. Its really down to how good your players are when playing as a team for 90 mins and being consistent .

They have better players and they play to a formation that works, to be far how many games this season have we really dominated or for that matter played well for the whole 90 mins.

I have watched Boro's games since the Brighton demolishment and they have played very well every game and dominated those games.

We have to regroup and be honest with ourselves, we are not as good as Boro.

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Did he say this after the game?

Fair play if so I can understand the reasoning but it was very risky and Weimann's not in form at the moment, never the less, we move on and hopefully learn from it. 

Yeah that was the gist of his post-match interview. "Bold change" was his expression if I recall. It seemed a very odd substitution from my point of view, watching the game. Sometimes as we've seen this season, if you don't look like winning and aren't creating chances, you take the draw and go again in the next match.

10 minutes ago, toddy said:

Not sure they have a coach for 3 seasons makes them better than us or promotion hopefuls - Bournemouth Watford and Norwich last season all had 1 season coach's?

Eddie Howe has been at Bournemouth since 2012 but yeah you're right, teams can go up with newly appointed coaches, but Boro to me look a lot better than those 3 did and surely the stability has helped with that. Karanka has had plenty of time to build the team how he wants and it looks like it's finally paying off.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Eddie Howe has been at Bournemouth since 2012 but yeah you're right, teams can go up with newly appointed coaches, but Boro to me look a lot better than those 3 did and surely the stability has helped with that. Karanka has had plenty of time to build the team how he wants and it looks like it's finally paying off.

It isn't a necessity but it helps - fact. Haven't seen a team this impressive at this level for years 

20 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Oh stop being so clever and correct, bore off, some of us are hurting here.

I do hope you're being dramatic here!

If you expected anything other than defeat from this game then perhaps you need therapy, or some sort of nazi mind-control drug!

41 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Remember Brighton, Hull and Burnley have to play Boro still. We don't. There's dropped points there. 

I'm still confident, but a reality check for some. We are aren't as good as some think we are.

Speaking as a Boro fan, with the exception of Burnley we played every team in the current top 7 away from home in the first half of the season so apart from that hypocrite Dyche's side all the others will be coming to us from Xmas on. It's one reason we were hopeful of our chances of promotion this year if we could stay round the autos till christmas day.

You were the side we thought would provide the toughest test at the Riverside so most Boro fans are glad to get both games against you out of the way.  The way I see it I think Hull, Brighton, Burnley etc will be more fearful about both of us two taking the autos now that either side no longer has the possibility of dropping points due to playing each other.

3 minutes ago, ipad1977 said:

Speaking as a Boro fan, with the exception of Burnley we played every team in the current top 7 away from home in the first half of the season so apart from that hypocrite Dyche's side all the others will be coming to us from Xmas on. It's one reason we were hopeful of our chances of promotion this year if we could stay round the autos till christmas day.

You were the side we thought would provide the toughest test at the Riverside so most Boro fans are glad to get both games against you out of the way.  The way I see it I think Hull, Brighton, Burnley etc will be more fearful about both of us two taking the autos now that either side no longer has the possibility of dropping points due to playing each other.

You don't need to be fearful of everyone. Your style of play means you nullify anything strong about opposition teams. Your league at a canter, just hope you can do is a few favours along the way 

19 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah, I know what you are getting at, but you have to agree that they are a better team, its not the end of the world we can still go up as 2nd.

I can see Boro doing a Leicester and getting even stronger. 

Just back at my mates house up here in Middlesborough  sat in the main stand with the boro fans in line with both goals.

First one was borderline offside linesman had a think about it but stopped his movement to raise the flag...no complaints could have gone either way.

The second was way offside and he got it totally wrong but they are the breaks.

My mate is over the moon he was scared to death we would turn them over and could not see them scoring the longer the game me went on.Neither side was great but no complaints they got the lucky breaks we did not that is the line sometimes.

Defensively we did OK and midfield worked hard both teams cancelled each other out for the majority of the game just he fine lines in the end.

Lots of happy people up here they think they have down the league up not sure myself lots of twists to be interest king if they lose a game and the gap closes up again.

6 minutes ago, ipad1977 said:

Thanks for that ipad1977 but you are streets ahead of us and should win it by more than ten points in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Thanks for that ipad1977 but you are streets ahead of us and should win it by more than ten points in my opinion.

Steady on Rampage. It was a fairly even game (they probably shaded it) up until Clement made a poor tactical change that he's now admitted was a mistake. I wouldn't expect us to go to Boro and absolutely boss the game. Better than us? For now yes, but streets ahead? Wouldn't go that far.

Archived