Callum O'Dowda - Confirmed to Bristol City

Srg

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

League 1, they were promoted last season. But your point still stands.

I was hoping they'd come up, one of the more interesting clubs down there. Stadium looks nice on TV as well.

On 24 December 2015 at 18:01, Cam the Ram said:

He's Irish.

I just had a quick nosey on their forum and one user said this:

"Got a fair few Irish players in their ranks already. Would probably boost his chances of looking at the full Irish squad for Euro 2016 if anything was go come of their interest."

Very ambitious to think he has a chance at the Euro 2016 squad. :lol:

I'm not calling you out at all here, your posts are usually excellent but you came very close to being wrong here.:pI guess it shows that he progressed last season to get a cap and to be considered for a space on the plane.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm not calling you out at all here, your posts are usually excellent but you came very close to being wrong here.:pI guess it shows that he progressed last season to get a cap and to be considered for a space on the plane.

I certainly was wrong about him. I just couldn't imagine a player who was struggling to hold down a place in Oxford's first team getting in the Ireland squad, but after we were linked I tried to watch the few Oxford games that were televised in the 2nd half of the season and I can see why O'Neill had a look at him. He's like Aiden McGeady but can actually beat people. :lol:

8 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

It's actually shambolic that we can't even persuade a L2 player to join us over Bristol City. Our recruitment is a joke. 

Do you know for a fact that we even put in a bid or even tried to persuade him to come here? Or are you just assuming we did because of this thread?

24 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

It's actually shambolic that we can't even persuade a L2 player to join us over Bristol City. Our recruitment is a joke. 

Us: Would you like to join our under 21 team?

Brizzle: Would you like to join our first team?

I wonder how hard that choice was.

No great loss on face value. We don't need to inflate our squad further, or gamble on untried players. We primarily need a few first team additions that are able to push is on to the next level. It may be he has a storming season and this time next year we are talking about buying him from them for £5m+ but on the whole I doubt we'll be discussing in 9 months of he would have made the difference.

Archived