Callum O'Dowda - Confirmed to Bristol City

Srg

Just now, Nijul_cluff said:

Sorry i just thought you sounded it when you said don't get to excited just yet, as though you don't reckon much to the lad

That's because I can't comment about it as I've not seen him in action though. Heard lots of good things about him so I'll wait and see. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

That's because I can't comment about it as I've not seen him in action though. Heard lots of good things about him so I'll wait and see. 

Ok. I know videos aren't worth much because it's always a video of best bits and no horrible bits, but he really can control the ball from the looks of things, better than alot of our players too. 

Would appear us lot down in Bristol are now linked to him. We're supposedly offering him immediate first team action whereas you'd send him back on loan. 

I know videos only show the best bits and all that, but my word! Based on that he's a starter. Him and Hughes in the same team is a very exciting prospect. Hughes with runs and pin point balls through the middle, O'Dowda with runs and pin point crosses from the wing. Ooooo, I'm getting moist. 

My friend at work is an Oxford season ticket holder, he was laughing at the £1m fee in January. However since then it seems O'Dowda has really kicked on and he doesn't want to lose him. Unfortunately also it seems the £3m for Roofe means they have no need to sell and the fee would have to be similar I guess

I remember Mel or maybe Rush saying in the past there is a seperate budget for the U21s but how does that effect FFP?

I know the money being pumped into the Moor Farm facilities doesnt count on FFP so I was wondering if buying for the U21s does?

If not then buying O'Dowda for the 'U21s' is great business if alot of people think he could be in the first team squad straight away - is that a potential loophole in FFP?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I wouldn't buy any more U21 squad players, or 'players for the future'...2 or 3 additions need to be the finished article who will be in the team....

This is kind of my point...is O'Dowda being signed for the 'U21s' in a loophole but is actually someone Pearson wants in the first team this season but doesnt affect the FFP so we can sign others too

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

This is kind of my point...is O'Dowda being signed for the 'U21s' in a loophole but is actually someone Pearson wants in the first team this season but doesnt affect the FFP so we can sign others too

I'd be very surprised if this loophole existed. I think all money spent on players counts when it comes to FFP. 

39 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'd be very surprised if this loophole existed. I think all money spent on players counts when it comes to FFP. 

Id be surprised if it did too as it seems very easy, just with the seperate budget mentioned plus the benefits of being a grade 1 acadamy and being able to attract players from a further distance etc i didnt know how it worked, for example if we paid for a 15 year old from a grade 2 acadamy (which i think is one of the benefits of being grade 1) would it go on FFP?

Archived