Callum O'Dowda - Confirmed to Bristol City

Srg

39 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Damn. I'm personally really gutted about this one. Think we've missed out. But Bristol City are certainly proving their financial power this window. Signed a player for 3m from Juventus yesterday! 

Yeah but that's like us saying we signed a player from Real in the 2014-15 season in Omar. He didn't exactly come over and destroy the league. Good play Omar, but not built for Champ level.

I agree about City showing some financial intent though

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

It's actually shambolic that we can't even persuade a L2 player to join us over Bristol City. Our recruitment is a joke. 

Businesses work to budgets. Clubs also can't guarantee your status when you join them

Players agents try to negotiate the best deals. And players want to go where they'll get payed and played the most in a location that suits them and their family.

It's not as simple as Derby v Bristol in a straight race.

12 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

It's actually shambolic that we can't even persuade a L2 player to join us over Bristol City. Our recruitment is a joke. 

It wasn't long ago we could flog our deadwood to them but things have changed since... you need to realize things are bit different, they are our rivals now.

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

We miss out all the time. 

How many players have we signed in the last 2/3 years? We don't miss out all the time... There are quite a few players in our current squad who had other offers on the table and chose us instead...

Plus... What is your solution? Sign EVERY player... Let's beat everyone by just making sure that they don't have any players?

We have Ince, Weimann, Russell, Blackman and Camara who all play this lad's position... I doubt he will improve us this season...

14 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

How many players have we signed in the last 2/3 years? We don't miss out all the time... There are quite a few players in our current squad who had other offers on the table and chose us instead...

Plus... What is your solution? Sign EVERY player... Let's beat everyone by just making sure that they don't have any players?

We have Ince, Weimann, Russell, Blackman and Camara who all play this lad's position... I doubt he will improve us this season...

He was touted on here as a certainty .

We didn't get him so by my reckoning we missed out. 

My solution sell your worst players and replace them with better ones. 

Hendrick is not one of our worse players IMO 

O,Dowda was supposed to be better than Camara 

Camara has show nothing yet to make me think he can do it at Derby. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

O,Dowda was supposed to be better than Camara 

Camara has show nothing yet to make me think he can do it .

1) Camara has played about 30 mins total of football for us... Unfair to judge this soon

2) That would still put O'Dowda as our 5th choice winger... Why bother?

1 hour ago, Purpleram said:

Bloody hell you're in the know, Pearson's shared his pecking order, including players we haven't even signed, kudos! 

I would imagine a player he's not signed would be fairly low down his pecking order yes...

Or do you think we made an offer for this lad, told him he'd be first choice for the first team and he decided to go to Bristol City instead?

15 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

No idea, just interested to know how you Pearsons team so early in pre-season?

Bit obtuse mate. @cheron85 hasn't claimed to know Pearson's team. He's quite rightly pointed out that Bristol City have offered the lad first team football whereas the plan at DCFC was to loan back or route to U21's.  The lad shows promise but only started half the games for Oxford so he'd hardly be a guaranteed starter at Derby's first team, would he?

Frankly, I can't see the new aministration rushing into anything.  We have a strong squad and, if necessary, we know MM will dip into his piggy bank again, but Pearson will want to bring in the right players, for the right money.  That's his reputation and I welcome that personally.  Equally, he obviously saw something in our current squad he fancied or he'd not have taken the job so let him have a good look at the current roster before worrying about supposed 'missed targets'.

35 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

No idea, just interested to know how you Pearsons team so early in pre-season?

You know the little "Quote" button... It let's people know that you've responded to them... Otherwise how are they supposed to know?

As @86 points rightly says I have ZERO ITK with the squad or Mr Pearson... And haven't claimed anywhere to know his team... Anywhere... However I can fairly easily extrapolate that having 5 wingers with championship or above level experience... vs some lad from League 2 who's gone to Bristol City... It's likely that all of our current crop would be ahead of him in the pecking order...

Also... Just because you seem to think that all list for some reason are written in an order which dictates their position within Pearson's preferences... It was just a list of our current winger... No order... Just a simple list... Lists aren't inherently ordered... That would be what's called an 'ordered list'... This one wasn't ordered...

On 15/07/2016 at 15:21, Purpleram said:

But if I quote something that's daft, doesn't that mean I'm just spreading stupidity.

So you're not ITK with the Rams just an expert on 'lists' and their variants. Good man. 

*sigh* I have neither the time, patience nor coloured crayons to explain this in a manner that you would understand...

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

I could lend you some coloured crayons, cheron85. :ph34r::D

8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

*sigh* I have neither the time, patience nor coloured crayons to explain this in a manner that you would understand...

But I do understand old bean, I just think you're talking pony?

Archived