Hull City v Derby County

Day

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone will be expecting Hull to take the game to us. They're in good form, they have a decent squad and they are at home. 

For me that's music to my ears! We should want to play against teams who are going to attack and potentially leave holes. Based on that i'd expect Weimann to be important for us. He's got to exploit those gaps.

Bruce recently said Dawson's form has been the main reason they've kept so many clean sheets, so maybe the defence might be feeling a little twitchy on Friday.

Dawson is going to be out for at least three weeks with an injury too, so hopefully they won't just be dropping points against us.

Other than Johnson for Hendrick there's no need for any other changes.

A point away from home would be a good result but I'm confident the players will put in a performance as get the win.

Not sure if anyone saw Goals on Sunday this morning but Tom Huddlestone was on talking about Hull. They were looking at their 3-0 win at home to Boro and he said they prefer it a lot more when teams come trying to play their own game and have a go rather than those that come to stifle them, which I'm sure we can all see where he's coming from judging from the past couple of seasons for us.

We should still play our way, but as the away team we're going to be more conservative and I think would settle for a point. No reason we can't beat them, no reason why they can't beat us.

After the last six games (18 points):-

1 Hull City 16 points so we have lost three points compared to them                                
2 Derby County 13                                
3 Brentford 13 N/A                                
4 Burnley 12 so we have gained one point                                
5 Middlesbrough 12 so we have gained one point                                
6 Sheffield Wednesday 11  so we have gained two points                                
7 Brighton and Hove Albion 10  so we have gained three points                                

How hard can it be to catch up points on our rivals? We just need to keep winning games and so do our rivals.

Moderator, please delete the previous post. Thank you.

14 hours ago, Srg said:

So you're going to play them right and left midfield?

Are you Nigel Clough?

In fairness Hendrick played on the right in a 4-4-2 in their play-off against Bosnia for Ireland under Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane and looked pretty good there. Also played right wing against Germany where they won, so the suggestion isn't that crazy. Thorne on the left wing is though!

I watched the game with B.C. They was saying how good their defense was and before that game Bruce was saying how key Dawson is to that defense. He gets his 5th booking I was celebrating that's for sure!

Then another player got booked and misses Friday happy days! I'm confident we can score now Dawson is suspended.

On Facebook when he got injured there fans said they'd concede now then they did looking forward to Friday! 

Judging from Hull's most recent lineups, I'd guess at this:

McGregor
                           Taylor, Maguire, Davies, Odubajo
                Clucas, Livermore, Huddlestone, Elmohamady
                                         Diame
                                               Hernandez

Not entirely sure where Abel Hernandez disappeared to vs. Bristol City? Wasn't in the matchday 18. If he's back fit/not suspended, I'd think it would be him up front. If not, Akpom or Aluko. That said, Maloney came on in place of Akpom vs. Bristol City.

From the little I've seen of Hull, Warnock and Weimann will have their hands full with Odubajo and Elmohamady - but if Ince and Christie can link up as well as they threatened to against Cardiff, then that balances out nicely. If Thorne can keep Diame quiet, that'll help starve the supply to the lone central striker.

As for us, if it ain't broke, dunna fix it. Hendrick in for Bradley - don't think Bryson is match fit enough quite yet.

5 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Judging from Hull's most recent lineups, I'd guess at this:

McGregor
                           Taylor, Maguire, Davies, Odubajo
                Clucas, Livermore, Huddlestone, Elmohamady
                                         Diame
                                               Hernandez

Not entirely sure where Abel Hernandez disappeared to vs. Bristol City? Wasn't in the matchday 18. If he's back fit/not suspended, I'd think it would be him up front. If not, Akpom or Aluko. That said, Maloney came on in place of Akpom vs. Bristol City.

From the little I've seen of Hull, Warnock and Weimann will have their hands full with Odubajo and Elmohamady - but if Ince and Christie can link up as well as they threatened to against Cardiff, then that balances out nicely. If Thorne can keep Diame quiet, that'll help starve the supply to the lone central striker.

As for us, if it ain't broke, dunna fix it. Hendrick in for Bradley - don't think Bryson is match fit enough quite yet.

Hernandez was given time off after travelling for international duty and will play on Friday.

Do you have their players on the wrong side then if Warnock will be up against Elmo (:lol:)? 

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Hernandez was given time off after travelling for international duty and will play on Friday.

Do you have their players on the wrong side then if Warnock will be up against Elmo (:lol:)? 

Damn. Done that before. Well spotted - Odubajo should be RB not LB, same for Elmo - some mod edit please?

Nurse!

Just now, AnimalisaRam said:

Damn. Done that before. Well spotted - Odubajo should be RB not LB - some mod edit please?

Nurse!

I was looking at it before reading the paragraph thinking that they were playing Elmo on the opposite side to where he previously played (didn't he play RB for Sunderland?) 

Archived