Hull City v Derby County

Day

Provided Christie and Shackell are OK, it should be the same starting 11 with Hendrick in for Johnson and playing in the most advanced of the midfield positions. Hanson comes onto the bench.

Hull are on as good a run of form as we have been on and were a Premier League team last season. This is definitely our toughest test of the campaign so far. My hope is that this is the match that Ince really steps up to prove to his old team and their fans what they were missing by not playing him last year. If he does that, he has the ability to win us the game and kickstart his own stuttering season.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

To take the game to Hull then we replace Johnson with Bryson - to keep it tight and play on the break then Hendrick.

Isn't Johnson suspended for this game after his yellow yesterday?

Edit : Must remember to read all the thread before posting :ermm:

So, second Friday night chance to go top of the table.

My verdict: Won't happen. Reckon Hull will comfortably beat us 2-0. 

At this rate, I really wouldn't put it past them doing a Leicester City and romping away with the league. The way they play, they're brilliant at the back and score plenty of goals.

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

So, second Friday night chance to go top of the table.

My verdict: Won't happen. Reckon Hull will comfortably beat us 2-0. 

At this rate, I really wouldn't put it past them doing a Leicester City and romping away with the league. The way they play, they're brilliant at the back and score plenty of goals.

Over 17 games they have scored 3 more than us and conceded 2 fewer. Not too much difference especially taking into account our dodgy first 6 games.

5 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

They lose Huddlestone which gives us a great advantage , then we lose Johnson and even it out again.

Dawson and Robertson suspended - why do they lose Huddlestone??

Just hope Shackell and Christie are ok to play. 

6 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

They lose Huddlestone which gives us a great advantage , then we lose Johnson and even it out again.

Why they lose Huddlestone? 

2 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

What position does Robertson play?

Left back. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Over 17 games they have scored 3 more than us and conceded 2 fewer. Not too much difference especially taking into account our dodgy first 6 games.

Don't think Hull had that good of a start either, with four wins in their first nine games.

I just think recently they've looked a cut above, winning five games on the spin without conceding a goal. At home they're formidable, and away they're dominating too.

They, IMO, have had much trickier away games too whereas I think Derby's away games have been kind with six of eight being against bottom half sides with five of those aganst bottom eight clubs.

Derby find themselves in a decent position now, but I'm quite reserved looking at who we've played so far.

Huddersfield aside, our away performances haven't been particularly good and I get the impression we're yet to face anyone on the road who I deem as tricky games.

Can't help but think games against the likes of Fulham, Brentford, Wolves, Ipswich, Cardiff, Wednesday etc. away will be more difficult let alone Hull, Boro, Burnley and Brighton.

Archived