Hull City v Derby County

Day

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

A bit strange that a draw and and a win are the same odds DEL. Is that significant?

It's very strange I agreed. I like the odds of correct score line though ;) 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

It's very strange I agreed. I like the odds of correct score line though ;) 

I suppose in reality it means that if Hull score then they are likely to win and if they do not score then Derby are as likely to score as not.I think that this is what the Derby fans think with Hull letting so few goals in.

On 11/23/2015, 9:34:09, ValeRam said:

Biggest test of the season so far and will go a long way to showing if we are realistic automatic contenders or just play-off fodder. The next three matches should show us just that.

And a perfect way to put to an end the debate following the Forest debacle a couple of weeks ago - was it just a one-off or was it yet another big-game failure ?

Personally I'm not swayed by those clinging onto the hope that they have a couple of defenders out. Bradley being missing is more of a concern to me - oppositions must hate playing against him. 

If we win this one, the Sky's the limit

just play-off fodder - Do you mean, Fodder Play-Offs? What are our odds, fodder play-offs, VR?

In some ways, florist was not a big game, it was an unfair match, but we made it look like a big game. Bizarre really. A lot of football is about what you believe.I do think that the Rams believe that they will get something out of the Hull game.I think that if we can prevent them from scoring in the first half then we are the more likely winners.

On 11/24/2015, 7:06:09, super rams said:

Totally agree, opposition teams have worked out that if they place both CB's on him, it takes him out of the game. So we do need someone else up there to play off Martin close up........or have an alternative plan?

Not seen a Hulll game so I don't know how they set up, do they attack or do they play counter attack football?

Very solid throughout the team, no real risks taken but their strikers are sharper than average. They got their equalizer against Bristol City with a goalkeeping boot down the field, a couple of flick-ons and a nice cool finish. They should have lost the game but they got a draw, that is why they are top.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Hull 13/10

Draw 21/10

Derby 21/10 

on betfair 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

A bit strange that a draw and and a win are the same odds DEL. Is that significant?

Betfair is giving some strange odds but those are not that good for betting...these are my simple calculations

Hull 13/10 is about right

Draw somewhere between 23/10 and 12/5

Us about 2/1

You British shold start using decimals (along with metric system!)

8 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Betfair is giving some strange odds but those are not that good for betting...these are my simple calculations

Hull 13/10 is about right

Draw somewhere between 23/10 and 12/5

Us about 2/1

You British shold start using decimals (along with metric system!)

Q1 How many pounds in a Killergram?

Q2 How many groats in a Yuro?

Q3 How many silver threepenny bits for a pint of Mel's Premier Lager at the iPro?

Q4 What is a decimal? I do not understand the point that you are making.

just play-off fodder - Do you mean, Fodder Play-Offs? What are our odds, fodder play-offs, VR?

In some ways, florist was not a big game, it was an unfair match, but we made it look like a big game. Bizarre really. A lot of football is about what you believe.I do think that the Rams believe that they will get something out of the Hull game.I think that if we can prevent them from scoring in the first half then we are the more likely winners.

100% confident we will be in the top 6.

This season I don't see the league as being one where one team can beat anyone on the day, like perhaps it has been in previous years. So we can't necessarily rely on our competitors to drop lots of points. There are maybe 5 teams way better than the rest. To me , the play-offs are a bit of a lottery so its all about getting in the top two.

Beating the teams around us, like Hull,  at least once in the two times we play them is probably fundamental to achieving that. Which isn't to say its a complete disaster if we lose on friday night but its maybe telling us something about where we currently stand in our chances of getting into that top two.

Congratulations by the way

Very solid throughout the team, no real risks taken but their strikers are sharper than average. They got their equalizer against Bristol City with a goalkeeping boot down the field, a couple of flick-ons and a nice cool finish. They should have lost the game but they got a draw, that is why they are top.

To be fair the goal was very poor defending from an ex Alfreton Town player. Got caught napping 

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Oh joy, another Friday night away match on SKY where we can go top of the table if we win......

Ticking off the days on the countdown to Friday night. Excitement building. Then a knot in my stomach, carefully placed there by my central nervous system to ask me, don't you remember what happened the last time you were looking forward to a Friday night away game on Sky? Remember the disappointment? Remember the knot in stomach? Then I march forth to the loo for a quick dump and shout out in my head (I hope), "take that, knot in stomach, off with you around the S bend to oblivion", "take that central nervous system, it's going to be different this time". COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Q1 How many pounds in a Killergram?

Q2 How many groats in a Yuro?

Q3 How many silver threepenny bits for a pint of Mel's Premier Lager at the iPro?

Q4 What is a decimal? I do not understand the point that you are making.

If you dismembered Jeff Hendrick, would that qualify as pieces of eight?

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

Why do you say we should have lost the game?  Have you seen the stats or read the report?

7 hours ago, ValeRam said:

100% confident we will be in the top 6.

This season I don't see the league as being one where one team can beat anyone on the day, like perhaps it has been in previous years. So we can't necessarily rely on our competitors to drop lots of points. There are maybe 5 teams way better than the rest. To me , the play-offs are a bit of a lottery so its all about getting in the top two.

Beating the teams around us, like Hull,  at least once in the two times we play them is probably fundamental to achieving that. Which isn't to say its a complete disaster if we lose on friday night but its maybe telling us something about where we currently stand in our chances of getting into that top two.

Congratulations by the way

Excellent post ValeRam, you write very well and we all know it, mate.Thanks for congrats

29 minutes ago, Strovolos said:

Why do you say we should have lost the game?  Have you seen the stats or read the report?

Probably meant that from what I saw they were the second best team on the day, did not look like winning and scored from a big boot forward. I would be more than happy if we win at Hull through a similar goal. Hull are a very good team that did not play to their usual standard on the day. See Florist v Derby for details  I like Hull, both my sons went to Uni there. People are very friendly in Hull, Strovolos

Defence is key here. Hull will come out and try and beat us, which plays into our hands as long as we don't do a forest and concede early. 

If it's 0-0 at HT, I think we will win. Dawson is a big loss for them. 

Ince to score a late winner and Bruce's nose to explode. 

Archived